Time of Beta release?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
mm Guess 23:59:59 Hours

Seriously I'm hoping it will be reasonably early as I expect, being Friday, they will want to go home and not hang about, but who knows:S

Frontier rarely give much advanced warning, they just spring releases when they feel like it. It's all the Michael "soon" Brookes doing, he loves seeing the frothing threads appear asking "are we there yet?" and only once fully satisfied that he's put most people through the wringer does he release the update.....;) :D

Lol, I just tried to imagine him having implemented a script parsing forum posts for relevant keywords and calculating the overall estimated level of tension - always displaying it on his monitor. :p

Is the release going to be announced by twitter or do we premium beta users get informed by email? I don't want to monitor the forums all day. ;)

Surprisingly, even though I'm a pBeta backer, I was more nervous and excited for the alpha4 release than I am now. Perhaps it's just the calm before the storm and I shall be curled up in a tear-stained fetal ball for much of tomorrow. Curse work and entertaining-the-partner-after-work delays and machinations. :eek: At least the weekend is free, although I wouldn't be surprised if I log in on Saturday morning and find everyone else is in an anaconda already!

B

Tomorrow I'll be waiting for an email from Frontiera about relase of Premium Beta.

Tomorrow should appear Newsletter 25 too i think.

Oh, yeah, the "alpha discussion forum" link changed to "beta discussion forum" but that's it...still the alpha 1 combat build

On the Beta discussion forum, Michael Brookes, Executive Producer says :

"Hi,

the ED servers will be shutdown at 11 am BST as part of the preparations for the Premium Beta release. Alpha games will not be able to connect during this time.

There will be a mandatory launcher update, although you can grab it now if you want from:

http://hosting.zaonce.net/elite/Client-Installer.exe

Soon!

Michael"

Last edited:
GUYS!!! BETA IS OUT!!! DOWNLOADING AS A TYPE!!!

oh...well...not really...just trolling a bit! :p
I have to kill the time while waiting... :D
SORRY! :*

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom