Tips on how to unlock "Locations" and "Characters" from InGen Database (I read your book achievement).

Introduction
In this article I prepared a table on how to unlock Locations and Characters from InGen Database. In order to unlock vast majority of dinosaurs you have to extract 50% genome from their fossils, this rule is not applicable for the hybrids from the main game as well as from the ”Secrets of Dr. Wu” DLC. You have to research them in your Research Centre. In terms of Dig Sites all you have to do is to send the Expedition Teams to those places for the first time. During the excavation of fossils you will collect a lot of valuable metals and materials to sell, this also unlocks them in the InGen Database encyclopedia. You sholud research the genes in the Research Centre. In order to unlock all the Memos you should max out the reputation of every division on every islands from the original campaign. The hardest part of completing the achievement ”I read your book” is to unlock all of the entries from Locations and Characters. I drew a conclusion that many of them can be unlocked by scoring certain reputation on different islands. The other method is to reach certain rating on islands of ”The Five Deaths” (this may also include Facility Rating and Dinosaur Rating), for instance if you reach 4 stars on the Isla Matanceros you will unlock John Hammond character. The characters from Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom can be unlocked by releasing the dinosaurs from this film (Allosaurus, Baryonyx, Carnotaurus, Indoraptor, Sinoceratops and Stygimoloch). The table below consist of the names of certain entries and the proven ways to unlock them (bold) as well as presumed actions that need to be done in order to unlock those items (I used the word ”presumed” because I listed here the last activity that I have done before the entry become available in encyclopedia). I also suppose that some of the locations and characters might have several possibilities to be unlocked (for instance I have unlocked the Jurassic World Control Centre by reaching 2.5 stars on Isla Tacano, which is different to the way that I found on the internet - reach 4.5 stars on Isla Matanceros).

InGen Database: Locations

Brachiosaur EnclosureReach 4.5 stars on Isla Tacaño.
Cretaceous CruiseReach 4.5 stars on Isla Pena.
Derelict Jurassic Park Visitor CenterReach 0.5 stars on Isla Pena.
Dilophosaur PaddockReach 1.5 stars on Isla Sorna.
DocksReach 3.5 stars on Isla Nublar.
Gallimimus ValleyReach 2.5 stars on Isla Matanceros.
Gentle Giants Petting ZooReach 3.5 stars on Isla Sorna.
Gyrosphere AttractionReach 1.5 stars on Isla Muerta.
Hammond Creation LabReach 0.5 stars on Isla Matanceros.
InGen Harvester EncampmentReach 0.5 stars on Isla Sorna.
Indominus rex PaddockReach 2.5 stars on Isla Pena.
Innovation CenterReach 3.5 stars on Isla Muerta.
Isla MatancerosUnlocked during the introduction.
Isla MuertaReach 3 stars on Isla Matanceros.
Isla NublarReach 4 stars on Isla Matanceros.
Isla Nublar LaboratoryReach 0.5 stars on Isla Nublar.
Isla PenaReach 3 stars on Isla Tacaño.
Isla SornaReach 3 stars on Isla Pena. This also unlocks Eric Kirby and Peter Ludlow.
Isla Sorna AirstripReach 2.5 stars on Isla Sorna.
Isla Sorna AviaryReach 4.5 stars on Isla Sorna.
Isla TacañoReach 3 stars on Isla Muerta.
Jurassic Park AviaryReach 3.5 stars on Isla Matanceros.
Jurassic Park Control RoomReach 1.5 stars on Isla Pena.
Jurassic Park GateReach 1.5 stars on Isla Matanceros.
Jurassic World AviaryReach 4.5 stars on Isla Matanceros.
Jurassic World Control CenterReach 2.5 stars on Isla Tacaño.
Jurassic World GatesReach 3.5 stars on Isla Pena.
Main StreetReach 1.5 stars on Isla Tacaño.
MonorailReach 0.5 stars on Isla Tacaño.
Mosasaurus Feeding ShowReach 1.5 stars on Isla Nublar.
Raptor PenReach 4.5 stars on Isla Nublar.
Raptor Training FacilityReach 3.5 stars on Isla Tacaño.
T. rex KingdomReach 4.5 stars on Isla Muerta.
Tyrannosaur PaddockReach 2.5 stars on Isla Nublar.
Tyrannosaurus rex NestReach 0.5 stars on Isla Muerta.
Visitor CenterReach 2.5 stars on Isla Muerta.

InGen Database: Characters

Ray ArnoldManually resolve a sabotage.
Billy BrennanReach half amount of the Science Division reputation on Isla Muerta.
Dr. Robert BurkeReach half amount of the Science Division reputation on Isla Pena.
Eddie CarrReach half amount of the Science Division reputation on Isla Tacaño.
Iris CarrollRelease an Indoraptor.
Isaac ClementUnlocked during the introduction of the character.
Lowery CruthersManually open a Gate.
Claire DearingUnlocked during the introduction of the character.
Mr. DNAUnlocked during the introduction.
Lewis DodgsonSell Barbasol in a Gift Shop. This also unlocks Dennis Nedry.
Dr. Kajal DuaUnlocked during the introduction of the character.
Gunnar EversolRelease an Allosaurus.
Cabot FinchUnlocked during the introduction of the character.
Donald GennaroAllow dinosaur to eat or kill guest on Isla Matanceros.
Owen GradyUnlocked during the introduction of the character.
Dr. Alan GrantUnearth Velociraptor fossil.
Katashi HamadaReach half amount of the Security Division reputation on Isla Pena. This also unlocks M. B. Nash.
John HammondReach 4 stars on Isla Matanceros.
Dr. Gerry HardingReach half amount of the Science Division reputation on Isla Matanceros.
Dr. Sarah HardingReach half amount of the Science Division reputation on Isla Sorna.
Ben HildebrandReach half amount of the Entertainment Division reputation on Isla Pena.
Vic HoskinsReach half amount of the Security Division reputation on Isla Muerta.
Amanda KirbyReach half amount of the Entertainment Division reputation on Isla Sorna. This also unlocks Kelly Malcolm and Nick Van Owen.
Eric KirbyReach 3 stars on Isla Pena.
Paul KirbyAllow a Ceratosaurus to eat guest on Isla Matanceros.
Vivian KrillReach half amount of the Security Division reputation on Isla Matanceros.
George LambertUnlocked during the introduction of the character.
Benjamin LockwoodRelease an Indoraptor.
Maisie LockwoodRelease a Stygimoloch.
Peter LudlowReach 3 stars on Isla Pena. This also unlocks Eric Kirby and Isla Sorna.
Dr. Ian MalcolmUnlocked during the introduction.
Kelly MalcolmReach half amount of the Entertainment Division reputation on Isla Sorna. This also unlocks Amanda Kirby and Nick Van Owen.
Simon MasraniAllow Indominus rex to eat guest.
Eli MillsRelease an Indoraptor.
Gray MitchelReach 3 stars on Isla Nublar.
Karen MitchellReach half amount of the Entertainment Division reputation on Isla Matanceros.
Scott MitchellReach half amount of the Entertainment Division reputation on Isla Muerta. This also unlocks Zara Young.
Zach MitchellReach 2 stars on Isla Nublar.
Robert MuldoonAllow Velociraptor to kill guest.
Lex MurphyRelease Brachiosaurus.
Tim MurphyAllow carnivore to eat goat on Isla Matanceros.
M.B. NashReach half amount of the Security Division reputation on Isla Pena. This also unlocks Katashi Hamada.
Dennis NedrySell Barbasol in a Gift Shop. This also unlocks Lewis Dodgson.
Nick Van OwenReach half amount of the Entertainment Division reputation on Isla Sorna. This also unlocks Amanda Kirby and Kelly Malcolm.
Zia RodriguezRelease a Sinoceratops.
Dr. Ellie SattlerComplete the Science Division mission on Isla Matanceros.
Barry SembѐneReach half amount of the Security Division reputation on Isla Tacaño. This also unlocks Dieter Stark.
Ajay SidhuReach half amount of the Security Division reputation on Isla Sorna.
Dieter StarkReach half amount of the Security Division reputation on Isla Tacaño. This also unlocks Barry Sembѐne.
Roland TemboTranquillise the dinosaur.
UdeskyReach half amount of the Entertainment Division reputation on Isla Tacaño.
Franklin WebbRelease a Baryonyx.
Ken WheatleyRelease a Carnotaurus.
Dr. Henry WuUnlocked during the introduction of the character.
Zara YoungReach half amount of the Entertainment Division reputation on Isla Muerta. This also unlocks Scott Mitchell.

Conclusion
While I was playing the game once again I have unlocked every single entry and I use the same method on every island, which is focusing initially on Science Division, next doing contracts simultaneously from Science and Security Division and at the end maxing out the reputation from Entertainment Division and making sure that the remaining two are relatively high. At the end I was looking for the contract from certain division to "Reach income/profit per minute" which boosts the Entertainment reputation as well. That’s how I max the reputation of all the divisions simultaneously. This solution is not obligatory to obtain the entries, however the careful management will be definitely very helpful. The entries concern only islands from the original campaign and Isla Nublar, which is the Sandbox. If you are aware of other possibilities on how to unlock them, please leave the reply below. I will try my best to update this agenda regularly. Good luck park builders!

Last edited:
So how exactly does one unlock both Sanctuary and Nublar North Locations in their main campaign save? I've completed the Claire Campaign and unlocked everything with it save for the Sanctuary and Nublar North Location entries in the InGen database. Is there something I need to do in the main campaign to trigger it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I figured it out. After I had completed the Claire Campaign I needed to load up my main campaign save and go to Isla Matanceros in order to unlock both Nublar North and Sanctuary's Location entries.

Last edited:
I have updated the agenda once again. I made a mistake in terms of Eric Kirby, this character is unlockable by reaching 3 stars on Isla Pena and not by achieving half amount of reputation of the Security Division on this island. I believe that everything is correct now.

Top Bottom