To Colonia without a Fuel Scoop Challenge

I believe I saw someone else note in another thread that a fuel scoop is required to supercharge your FSD, so the Neutron Star Highway is disqualified even if it did have a better chance.

Good point well made. Rep applied.

Also I just realised the longest fuel scooping time currently in game is the imperial cutter all full of tanks with a 1E scoop... 785 minutes to fill 848 tons...

Whilst most of the outposts are within 2500LY of one another I think I should mention that the distance between waypoint 4 and 5(?) is considerably longer(near 4000ly). Also the distance between the last waypoint and Colonia itself is at least 3000ly

Whilst most of the outposts are within 2500LY of one another I think I should mention that the distance between waypoint 4 and 5(?) is considerably longer(near 4000ly). Also the distance between the last waypoint and Colonia itself is at least 3000ly

Cool, sounds like it will be an interesting combination of trying to stick to economic to save fuel but also avoiding taking too long and having your secondary tank eat up some tons :)

After some testing, I'm seriously thinking about giving the non-stop (in game, not real life!) option a go. What's outfitting like in Colonia? Is it possible to get a 7A fuel scoop and, if not, then what's the best available? I assume a 2G planetary vehicle hanger and SRV is available but can anyone confirm? AFMUs? And are there any options at the waypoint outposts in case I feel the need to abort?

If I can fully equip back to my normal exploraconda loadout then the trip will be more attractive.

Outfitting in Colonia is rudimentary. Definitely no 7A scoops, and as far as I've heard only H type vehicle hangars. What you can get is mining equipment. Since a lot of CMDRs are there (or going to be there in the next two weeks), EDDB should be pretty much up to date.

Waypoints have no outfitting, you can't even get a new paintjob there.

For equipping back to a more usual outfitting, your best bet is to put everything you might want into storage and then transfer it to Colonia/Jaques (at ~130% of the price as transfer fee).

After some testing, I'm seriously thinking about giving the non-stop (in game, not real life!) option a go. What's outfitting like in Colonia? Is it possible to get a 7A fuel scoop and, if not, then what's the best available? I assume a 2G planetary vehicle hanger and SRV is available but can anyone confirm? AFMUs? And are there any options at the waypoint outposts in case I feel the need to abort?

If I can fully equip back to my normal exploraconda loadout then the trip will be more attractive.

I'll be at Jaques this weekend probably I'll check but I don't think there's a 7A or even a 6A out there atm.

Outfitting in Colonia is rudimentary. Definitely no 7A scoops, and as far as I've heard only H type vehicle hangars. What you can get is mining equipment. Since a lot of CMDRs are there (or going to be there in the next two weeks), EDDB should be pretty much up to date.

Waypoints have no outfitting, you can't even get a new paintjob there.

For equipping back to a more usual outfitting, your best bet is to put everything you might want into storage and then transfer it to Colonia/Jaques (at ~130% of the price as transfer fee).
Thx, should have checked EDDB :eek:

6E is the best fuel scoop and you're right, only H vehicle hangars. No good AFMUs either.

Any idea on the delivery times for modules? I could stomach the cost (although as a Yorkshireman, it does grate ;)) but I'm not good at waiting :D

Delivery time: fro the talk on CCN discord, I seem to remember something on the order of 60+ hours.

Put some mining lasers on your conda and make some money while waiting :p

Yep, I can confirm, delivery time to Jaques (from Shinrarta Dezhra) is 61 hours. Bear in mind that the cost of the ship or equipment will also factor in for the transfer fee: unless you're swimming in credits, you might not want to transfer a 7A fuel scoop.

What the heck, I'm going for it. No time like the present, so I'm currently sitting in Galileo Station about to depart Sol. Here's the ship I'm using http://beta.coriolis.edcd.io/outfit...wuSlNDL/0AAACgxnLloAAAA&bn=Conda, Fuel Tanker! and the cost to fill her up:

3w8mqne.jpg

First leg plotted - 215 jumps (!)

ESrU98a.jpg

As you can see, it's not a direct route to Colonia as I'm intending to travel along the Orion-Cygnus Arm. I want to avoid the less dense area between the galactic arms at the start of the journey. I'm going to try and make it so that most of my jumps are between 5 and 10 LY. Longer ones than that, especially early on, burn up too much fuel.

Time in SC has to be kept to a minimum so I've ditched the DSS and I'll be honking & jumping the whole way, hoping to maintain 75 jumps per hour. That's doable since unlike with most long distance Buckyballing, I can happily take rest periods whenever I want - the in game time needs to be kept to a minimum, not real time. I've also got the beta to switch to if I feel like a change, one of the reasons for starting straight away.

I'm estimating around 5,000 jumps and maybe as much as 40,000 LY actual jump distance. But those are complete guesses which I'll try and refine as I go on.

Current System: Sol
Distance from Sol: 0 LY
Distance to Colonia: 22,000 LY
Current fuel: 496 T
Fuel used: 0 T
Number of jumps: 0
Estimated number of jumps remaining: 5,000
Actual distance travelled: 0 LY

I just did a quick and dirty 1000ly plot 5000ly from Colonia with an Anaconda with a standard fuel tank.

It plotted the 1000ly... eventually.
And it offered 396 jumps!
So it's possible to cover distances, but you won't get anywhere fast!

Wish you luck, but I don't think the math adds up.
Why do you think not? If I've missed something then I would like to know now rather than in ten days time!

Magnificent or insane? Insane or magnificent? Perhaps both.
I think it is Bubble madness. Two weeks back there grinding out mods and anything starts to look sane :D

First stint completed:

Current System: Stock 1 Sector FD-I a11-4
Distance from Sol: 823 LY
Distance to Colonia: 21,340 LY
Current fuel: 475 T
Fuel used: 21 T
Number of jumps: 188
Estimated number of jumps remaining: 6,267
Actual distance travelled: 1,080 LY

One immediate thing I've discovered is that as the distance to the target system gets closer, the route plotter gets more economical! It was originally going to be 215 jumps for the first 1,000 LY but as a result of exiting to the main menu a few times & replotting I now find that after 188 jumps I've still got some 60 odd to go!

Top Bottom