Tod McQuinn Bounty Voucher Clarification

Can someone please definitively clear up which type of bounty vouchers Tod McQuinn accepts for his initial unlocking?

On this forum I've read that it has to be Alliance vouchers but elsewhere on the web I've read that it can be any.

A definitive answer would be most appreciated, thanks.

Awesome, many thanks!

He also accepts Fed bounties, and bounties from the 89 Leonis controlling faction, 89 Leonis Republic Party. Ive been at Tods a fare bit the last week so that's 100% confirmed. Hunting in any of the 89 Leonis (which is I think about 10 or 12 light years away from Tod's system) res zones will give you a fair amount of bounties to bump up your rep with Tod.

Last edited:
That's useful to know, thanks. I'll probably only do a grade 1 upgrade on multi-cannons as I already have some sulphur and don't care much for the material gathering, but it's good to know that I can use bounties to unlock his higher grades if I change my mind.

That's useful to know, thanks. I'll probably only do a grade 1 upgrade on multi-cannons as I already have some sulphur and don't care much for the material gathering, but it's good to know that I can use bounties to unlock his higher grades if I change my mind.

Yeah I haven't done much in the way of dedicated material gathering, but for when you get to the higher grades, bounties are good for raising rep until you hit G4. From G4 to G5, I think its about 5 million. That's just a guess, but when I saw 500K was only raising rep by about 10%, I just rolled G4 upgrades that used materials I didn't need. Stuff like sturdy mount or light weight mount. I had enough for 40 G4 rolls between the two of those, so I used those to get me back to G5 every time I chose an experimental round.

Last edited:
How much in bounties does it take to get from 4 to 5? I handed in about 2mil yesterday and i didn't notice the bar move at all.
They were alliance bounties

My experiences with increasing reputation with "The Blaster" after the initial unlock is that attempting a modification of any kind is galaxies faster than turning in bounty vouchers. Any method other than playing the roulette wheel with RNGineers seems to be very slow - the higher the rep, the slower it is - whether it be bounty vouchers, commodities, or cartographics. Others may have had better results as I'm one unlucky fool.

SciTrekker is absolutely right. The only exception - to me, at least - is the engineers who take exploration data for rep. But I go on week-long trips, so my exploration turn-ins always go straight to Allied status wherever I turn them in. Anyway, back on topic:

It only takes 3 mods of the current level to unlock the next level. I.E.: at Grade 1, crafting 3 G1 mods unlocks Grade 2. Then 3 G2 mods unlocks G3. Etc. As long as you're picking up materials as you go around you should have plenty of 'trash' materials to craft the necessary 12 mods to get to Grade 5. Depending on how many special effects you put on weapons, you might even have enough to craft the 6 mods you need to get back to Grade 5 after cashing in a "favor" on your G5 modifications without breaking a sweat :)

McQuinn is common knowledge, so you have the invite from the start. Pic of your engineer page pls, open on Tod. Most people can work it out for themselves once they realise there is an engineer page ;)

Leveling the engineers is fastest by engineering stuff while being in their engineering bases. Appling experimentals does not seem to count.
So stock up on some materials and do some engineering, even if that means engineering the same stuff twice or 3 times.
Any other way is really slow.

Also exploration data is best used to unlock permits. You need about 10-12 millions exploration data to get enough rep for a permit unlock.

Leveling the engineers is fastest by engineering stuff while being in their engineering bases. Appling experimentals does not seem to count.
So stock up on some materials and do some engineering, even if that means engineering the same stuff twice or 3 times.
Any other way is really slow.

Also exploration data is best used to unlock permits. You need about 10-12 millions exploration data to get enough rep for a permit unlock.
(You know we're mainly replying to the dingbat necromancer, rather than the OP which is long ded, right?)

McQuinn is common knowledge, so you have the invite from the start. Pic of your engineer page pls, open on Tod. Most people can work it out for themselves once they realise there is an engineer page ;)
Unless they can't land on planets or use any of the other horizons stuff due to a bug affecting PS4 at the moment.

Might be they're ok. I am because of the version of the game I bought, but a significant number of players on the platform seem to have the issue.

Unless they can't land on planets or use any of the other horizons stuff due to a bug affecting PS4 at the moment.

Might be they're ok. I am because of the version of the game I bought, but a significant number of players on the platform seem to have the issue.
Yeah, it could be that - the dingbat didn't make it clear if they even tried to go to the base, or if they can see the base. Which is why he engineer page would be helpful. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, it could be that - the dingbat didn't make it clear if they even tried to go to the base, or if they can see the base. Which is why he engineer page would be helpful. 🤷‍♂️
True, could be they'll bump into this issue anyway separately to this, so I am making an assumption that this is the problem.

The answer to their current problems isn't going to be related to a what's in a 4 year thread TBF.

What bug? I can land on planets just fine on my ps4.

What bug? I can land on planets just fine on my ps4.
I've not seen it either, as I got the version sold in 2017 where the base game and horizons was combined, so it could be that the bug can't split that. Additionally, if bought yours after October 2020, that might not have the issue as they combined the base game and horizons at that point in readiness for Odyssey (no laughing at the back!)

That leaves a pretty big intermediate period of people who may be affected. Although knowing how bugs work with this game half the time, maybe you just got lucky.

Top Bottom