Today would be a good day for an update!

Seeing as your "competitor's" early access game comes out today, how about a nice rebuttal with some information about when the next (bigger) update is coming and what we could expect to see from it? :)

It would mostly just be interesting to know what we can look forward to, what you guys have discussed in terms of community suggestions, things like that.

Seeing as your "competitor's" early access game comes out today, how about a nice rebuttal with some information about when the next (bigger) update is coming and what we could expect to see from it? :)

It would mostly just be interesting to know what we can look forward to, what you guys have discussed in terms of community suggestions, things like that.
That would be really cool! Let's wait and see :p

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator

competitor's ?? ... Oh you mean that other game? That one that thot itself in the foot like a 20 times and still keeps saying with a straight face they are the best game out there?
I dont even consider that game competition anymore. It has been clear for a while now that PC is clearly the winner.

They've already stated AFAIK the different 'phases' will be released around 6 weeks apart. It's been 1 week since alpha was released... No need to respond to the other game's feeble attempt at an early access release in my view.

Last edited:
competitor's ?? ... Oh you mean that other game? That one that thot itself in the foot like a 20 times and still keeps saying with a straight face they are the best game out there?
I dont even consider that game competition anymore. It has been clear for a while now that PC is clearly the winner.

I did put the word in quotation marks for a reason ;)

But the point is that it would be nice to just hear a little bit about what they have in mind and what they've sort of gathered from the community since the release.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

They've already stated AFAIK the different 'phases' will be released around 6 weeks apart. It's been 1 week since alpha was released... No need to respond to the other game's feeble attempt at an early access release in my view.

I just want to hear what their thoughts are about some of the feedback and stuff. I don't want an update to the game, just some info, that's all.

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
I just want to hear what their thoughts are about some of the feedback and stuff. I don't want an update to the game, just some info, that's all.

Same here! Obvious the responses on the forums on the PC Alpha are overwhelmingly positive, would love to hear them react to it.
And how do they feel about reported bugs? Are there about as many as they tought? Or are they we relieved we found so few? whats their view on it?

EDIT : corrected repeated bugs into reported bugs... what was that crazy typo?

Last edited:
Same here! Obvious the responses on the forums on the PC Alpha are overwhelmingly positive, would love to hear them react to it.
And how do they feel about repeated bugs? Are there about as many as they tought? Or are they we relieved we found so few? whats their view on it?

Yeah same here! I know they said they realized their path system needs a lot of work, I would just like to hear what their thoughts are on a lot of the other suggestions. There has been some great feedback from the community since launch so it would be awesome to see if there's anything in particular they've planned to change or implement based on that.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Yeah same here! I know they said they realized their path system needs a lot of work, I would just like to hear what their thoughts are on a lot of the other suggestions. There has been some great feedback from the community since launch so it would be awesome to see if there's anything in particular they've planned to change or implement based on that.

Yes? do you remember where they said that about the path system?

As indeed, i think the path system is what needs most twerks and tweeks. Most other things are nearly perfect exept for some minor things.

Yes? do you remember where they said that about the path system?

As indeed, i think the path system is what needs most twerks and tweeks. Most other things are nearly perfect exept for some minor things.

One of the community managers replied to a post about it in the alpha feedback forum and said something like "We do realize our path system needs some work". It may be the "The Path system is a mess" - thread, but not sure.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
One of the community managers replied to a post about it in the alpha feedback forum and said something like "We do realize our path system needs some work". It may be the "The Path system is a mess" - thread, but not sure.

Thanks, i will fry to find it [happy]
Argh i want an update as well... and it's such a weird tought that it can take up to 2 years before we are playing the game in it's final form. Firstly the real release is in about 9 month's. And then i bet we will have like 2 big updates/expantions in the following year.. So its probably during Q2 at the earlyst thet we play the final version of the game...

If the alpha is already this good... how awesome wil it be by then?

Argh i want an update as well... and it's such a weird tought that it can take up to 2 years before we are playing the game in it's final form. Firstly the real release is in about 9 month's. And then i bet we will have like 2 big updates/expantions in the following year.. So its probably during Q2 at the earlyst thet we play the final version of the game...

The whole thing is really exciting! The alpha is great as a base, and it can only go upwards from here. When you start with a good foundation, the future will be bright!

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator

I don't think you'll see a final version of Planet Coaster for many years to come. After the Q4 2016 release they'll just keep building upon it for as long as they have new ideas to bring to the game. They have a ten year plan for Elite: Dangerous and it's not inconceivable that they could be planning that far ahead for Planet Coaster also. I'm sure Frontier had many ideas that they wanted to add to RCT3 all those years ago but Atari were holding the purse strings and will have made the decision as to when to cut off any further development funding on that game.

Phases will be roughly 6 weeks apart yes, but they are not going to release everything from phase 1 the day before they go into phase 2.
I would expect to see phase one getting regular updates till it is complete, then move into phase 2. Not "Here is everything for phase one. We are now in phase 2"

Phases will be roughly 6 weeks apart yes, but they are not going to release everything from phase 1 the day before they go into phase 2.
I would expect to see phase one getting regular updates till it is complete, then move into phase 2. Not "Here is everything for phase one. We are now in phase 2"

Depending on the "bugs" etc we find if we get updates between phases and how big those are - we all know the game is in alpha and expect these (if not then why play alpha), I've not really found / heard of any game breaking bugs for urgent patch updates, so happy to wait 6-8 weeks for phase two and have a lot of the current bugs fixed as well as new features to test and play around with (coaster builder "offically" & terraforming), we might even get a few more objects to play around with, e.g. would love some benches and bins, maybe some side walls for paths and possibly some flowerbeds - I'm getting sick of placing the green flower (though sinking the red & yellow trees is a nice trick).

After seeing how yesterday turned out I take back everything I've said here. You just keep doing you Frontier, lol.

I would absolutely LOVE to know how the dev team is responding to our feedback and what they are planning for the next update! I really, really hope that we get an additional phase 1 content update soon as the limited content is becoming a little boring. We know there are additional flat rides, scenery objects, and scenery themes that are not included in the current build, which could be added, along with some bug fixes and improvements, that we can continue testing.

Top Bottom