Too Much Visitors

It is not needed to for example you have 1000+ visitors to render those 1000+ at a time in the Zoo. It just clutters up the roads and causes the visitors to clip through each other breaking the immersion. If the counter shows 1000+ visitors, display perhaps only 250? Larger numbers of visitors just eats up the FPS which is not needed. For low visitor count it would seem fine to place the total visitors as the counter, but for higher numbers when FPS start to dwindle, start capping the amount of visitors on screen, but let the counter still show the correct amount

Yeah this is a very big problem especially for the game performance... I already dropped to ~60 FPS without(!!) visitors after I used maybe 20% of the map and 24 animal species.

After I open my Zoo it drops from ~60 FPS to 30-35 FPS because 4100+ visitors are WAAAAAAAAY TOO MUCH in Sandbox mode and it was still growing :/

We definitely need an option to select how many visitors we want to have at our zoos at max.

It is not needed to for example you have 1000+ visitors to render those 1000+ at a time in the Zoo. It just clutters up the roads and causes the visitors to clip through each other breaking the immersion. If the counter shows 1000+ visitors, display perhaps only 250? Larger numbers of visitors just eats up the FPS which is not needed. For low visitor count it would seem fine to place the total visitors as the counter, but for higher numbers when FPS start to dwindle, start capping the amount of visitors on screen, but let the counter still show the correct amount
Or have an option to hide guests, like in ZT.

It's so odd to me that guests react physically to each other but animals apparently don't. This ought to be switched around, lol.
Yeah, it's like they used PC as a base and then forgot to remove the unnecessary features. Guest's were the main focus that you took care of in PC, but animals are this games main focus. The guests are already clumps of people, they don't need to have collisions. Animals could have them, that would make them less ghostly. 🐱

Funny thing is they DON'T collide with other things. I routinely see guests walking through trash cans, fences, donation bins, etc. But they still collide with each other which is hugely problematic when the groups are so large. And like idiots in the real world, they won't break up their group to let people by!

I too hope for a max-guest option. My computer really is not the best, and with about 2000 guests right now - it is at its limits. When I am getting too close to the crowd my framerate drops to what feels like three 😞

I too hope for a max-guest option. My computer really is not the best, and with about 2000 guests right now - it is at its limits. When I am getting too close to the crowd my framerate drops to what feels like three 😞

If you play Sandbox then try to adjust the entrance fee to 90-110 Dollars :)

With this I was able to play the game with ~60 fps (High 1080p), 28 animal species (~110 animals) and ~750 visitors.

When I had it under 90 dollars (30-60 dollars) my zoo was overcrowded with 4100+ visitors and the performance was extremely bad.

But to be honest. PZ is a tycoon-game, so in core its also about earninh money (to increase your zoo). So it cant be the point that you have take out the guests out of your zoo, to keep the zoo running.

Its the same issue like in planet coaster. For me it always was the biggest one, that made me stop playing the game. Youve just used around 10-20% of the map and the game gets unplayable cause of the bad performance.

Only solution for building a bigger zoo is to increase the price to prevent new visitors in your zoo? Great. "look at my zoo: its really big, but theres no one in it"

Lets call the gameDeath Coaster or Death Zoo...

I mean, there are so many very good things in the game. I like it really a lot. But this is really annoying.

If you play Sandbox then try to adjust the entrance fee to 90-110 Dollars :)

With this I was able to play the game with ~60 fps (High 1080p), 28 animal species (~110 animals) and ~750 visitors.

When I had it under 90 dollars (30-60 dollars) my zoo was overcrowded with 4100+ visitors and the performance was extremely bad.
Do you still make enough profit with that option? If yes, it really would be a great option while we don't have another way to reduce the rendered visitors. 🙂 We still need another option like FullHollow95 said... because we still could earn more without having to do that, but as "first aid" as long it doesn't ruin your zoo because it can't "pay it's bills" - it's a good idea (I think). 👍

Last edited:
Do you still make enough profit with that option? If yes, it really would be a great option while we don't have another way to reduce the rendered visitors. 🙂

I am playing only in Sandbox mode so it can't help in Franchise Mode :(
This is just something I found yesterday to see if my system can run it good when there are under 1000 visitors and it was good :D

In real life, zoos do not have so many visitors. I dream they cut guests in half or even more. If they could donate twice as before, the economy would not suffer, and the performance wins. Having fewer guests in my zoo would make me appreciate them more. The guests now are an annoying mass, harming my inventory, and clogging my toilets.

Balance is the problem.

Less visitors will make the game run better, but it maybe leads to getting bankrupt, because you dont earn enough money for your zoo. The bigger it gets, the more staff youll need and the more animals you have in your zoo the more money for food youll need.

Of course, the zoo sometimes looks a bit too full, but its also pretty sad when you have a huge zoo across 80% of the maps and youll have more animals than visitors. Alle the great buildings and viewing points you make and they're all empty.

Cant be the point too.

I wish we could limit the numer of guest in our zoos, at least in sandbox mode!
Limiting the guests' number is a poor decision; it's like a bandage to the problem. I was confused when they added that option to Planet Coaster. The game should spawn fewer guests initially. The park or zoo can not have 500 guests with 3 rides or 6 animals.

But to be honest. PZ is a tycoon-game, so in core its also about earninh money (to increase your zoo). So it cant be the point that you have take out the guests out of your zoo, to keep the zoo running.

Its the same issue like in planet coaster. For me it always was the biggest one, that made me stop playing the game. Youve just used around 10-20% of the map and the game gets unplayable cause of the bad performance.

Only solution for building a bigger zoo is to increase the price to prevent new visitors in your zoo? Great. "look at my zoo: its really big, but theres no one in it"

Lets call the gameDeath Coaster or Death Zoo...

I mean, there are so many very good things in the game. I like it really a lot. But this is really annoying.

Do you know the Zoom Erlebniswelt in Germany, Gelsenkirchen? Sometimes you don't see anyone out of the summer season because it is a big zoo :D

Not every zoo is full all year long, that is not realistic :D

But I can understand when you want to fill your zoo in Franchise with visitors but in Sandbox Mode I (personally! :p) want to make a zoo with as many animals as possible and then you have to pick - either more animals, performance and a big zoo or a zoo with less animals and objects but with more visitors to balance the performance - without visitors and around 100 animals I get ~60-65 fps but with 4k visitors this drops to 30 fps which is annoying and not fun anymore...

But I agree with you that this is really annoying... The game is just badly optimized just like Planet Coaster :/

Alsoooooo less visitors decrease the stress levels of some animals :p my Flamingos and Bongos were always in stress when there were over 4k visitors in the zoo...

I ask myself all the time why we get so much space when the game engine can't even handle more than 20% of an used map even though the recommended specs are below what many people got :D

Balance is the problem.

Less visitors will make the game run better, but it maybe leads to getting bankrupt, because you dont earn enough money for your zoo. The bigger it gets, the more staff youll need and the more animals you have in your zoo the more money for food youll need.
If they doubled the amount of money one group of visitors donate, they can easily cut the number of guests in half.

Top Bottom