Engineers Tool: Component Calculator for Blueprints

I created a Component Calculation Tool where you can input the blueprints (+grade +number of rolls) and receive a table with the quantity of required components you have to farm based on your input. I was tired to calculate it manually, especially with the amount of upgrades I plan to do with 3.0.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dPSH7nbyVf7A7Y7KhLj7_OYTErZZRX1PX5DfsYkXdg0/edit?usp=sharing

Would be good to get some feedback if this tool is useful for the Engineering community. Short manual see worksheet "Calculation" upper left corner.

7CC3R9.png

Data source (thanks for creating this!):
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=248275
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...aN-gXHq6YkS_JAnJKsyQp8P-j0Y/edit#gid=93194749

I updated the component requirements using INARA (28th Feb 2018).

Last edited:
great work mate, i'll take a look at it later. just one thing i didn't get, after a quick glance though, i saw you had Magnetic Emitter Coils as part of the recipe for G5 increased range FSD! Am i missing something, or has that been added to the recipe requirements with 3.0? I haven't had the chance to visit any engineers in game since the update, so haven't been able to confirm for myself!
cheers

You're right, the data source I used seems to be incorrect / not complete. Will have to check it manually, thanks for the hint.

The input cells should now be editable for everyone (without the need to create a copy of the table).

Should be fixed now, I compared the data with INARA. Not sure if all blueprints are covered (and the naming is not perfect), but the blueprints included now should result in the correct amount of components.

Last edited:
Great tool but how do I know the total mats needed or am I missing something?

Nevermind I worked it out but is it possible to have the mats needed to be sorted in order of total required?

This will solve having to scroll all the way down.

Last edited:
Great tool but how do I know the total mats needed or am I missing something?

Nevermind I worked it out but is it possible to have the mats needed to be sorted in order of total required?

This will solve having to scroll all the way down.
It is, have a look at point 4 in the manual ;) Sort cell J10 from Z to A (click the small triangle button with the three horizontal lines)

Last edited:
It is, have a look at point 4 in the manual ;) Sort cell J10 from Z to A (click the small triangle button with the three horizontal lines)

I would if there was one, had to apply a temporary one, maybe only you can see it with it being protected.

I would if there was one, had to apply a temporary one, maybe only you can see it with it being protected.
Good point, forgot to make that cells editable. It should work now.

Anyway, I would recommend creating a copy of the table. Otherwise your input could be overwritten, when several people are accessing the tool at the same time.

Last edited:
Thanks for doing this. I've tried it and for me columns E to G work fine but I cannot get column I or cell I 10 to work.

Strong chance of pilot error, though, I'll admit...

The material trader rates that you linked to are not up to date. They change the raw material trader before the beta ended.

Thanks for doing this. I've tried it and for me columns E to G work fine but I cannot get column I or cell I 10 to work.

Strong chance of pilot error, though, I'll admit...
Should work again, someone deleted the filter setting and hid most of the rows.

If anyone knows a way how to tell google sheets to auto sort a column, pls share. I already tried a script that worked, but only when you're logged in.

@darty: thx

Last edited:
Update:
Column I (amount of components required) should now auto-sort, whenever the input in column B to D is edited. Would be nice if someone could confirm if this works.

This is NOT a shot at the creator of the tool. I say hats off commander! Great work. However, this one is on Frontier. Why oh Why do we continuously have to use 3rd party applications to play your game? This is NOT my idea of entertainment at all! I've literally quit playing because i refuse to have open my laptop or tablet to play a video game. It's insanity. Fallout 4, Skyrim, Monster Hunter World, and for heavens sake even Minecraft have a easier crafting and recourse system than Elite. You all ( Frontier) are making this over complicated for the sake of the "time sync" or "grind" it's boring, tedious and not worth the effort.

My apologies Commander for hijacking your thread . Again thanks for taking the time out of your life to provide this information. But you shouldn't have to!

Top Bottom