[Tool] ED: System Importer - import all your old jumps into Elite for the galaxy map's new filter!

Could it be possible to ex-import whole edsm, so we can filter to completely untouched Systems (as far as edsm offers) instead of just untouched by Pilot ?! ;)

After the error messages were added in 2.2 beta, I imported all of EDSM (~6 million star systems) using batches of about 500.000 stars, and that worked as intended, it just took a long time. However, this only covers systems reported by users of EDSM, and that is only a fraction of the player base. So this is no guarantee at all that you will only hit 'pristine' systems. Additionally, there are a lot of systems that are registered in EDSM but are still not tagged in-game because people simply bucky-balled/jonked through them. And last but not least, if a system is visited in beta, it will be added to EDSM, even if no player has ever been to the system in the real game.

So for the purpose of improving your chances on hitting 'pristine' systems, importing EDSM will most likely not have the result you want.

A Additionally, there are a lot of systems that are registered in EDSM but are still not tagged in-game because people simply bucky-balled/jonked through them. .

There are systems in EDSM that no one has visited and just remotely trilaterated (that's how some of the pictures were made).

I've imported all the data from EDSM and EDDiscogvery into both my commanders, I did install the utility but did it manually as soon as I realised it was just a list of systems in TXT file which is easier to extract from both programmes for each of the Commanders separately.

After the error messages were added in 2.2 beta, I imported all of EDSM (~6 million star systems) using batches of about 500.000 stars, and that worked as intended, it just took a long time. However, this only covers systems reported by users of EDSM, and that is only a fraction of the player base. So this is no guarantee at all that you will only hit 'pristine' systems. Additionally, there are a lot of systems that are registered in EDSM but are still not tagged in-game because people simply bucky-balled/jonked through them. And last but not least, if a system is visited in beta, it will be added to EDSM, even if no player has ever been to the system in the real game.

So for the purpose of improving your chances on hitting 'pristine' systems, importing EDSM will most likely not have the result you want.

It's not that much that I want to have a better chance for undiscovered Systems, it's more than enough untouched so I don't hit already discovered systems that often at all...
I hoped I can see a "represantation" of the often used "Highways" in the GalMap like on the edsm maps...

The idea of the route-txt-file Collection ntl is a brilliant and useful one! :)

i trusted you and did not read the other thread which was a bad idea. the file must be named ImportStars.txt

i guess the real work behind this would be creating the lists altough some of them allready exist.

Never trust details from a guy with ADHD

I have imported stars viisited from my net log files in the 'elite-dangerous-64' folder, works fine - so happy to see an old route, but...

When I try to import the net log files from another folder 'FORC-FDEV-D-1003' the import star file is empty, unfortunately I think those are star's I visited from release to 13.12.2015, am I doing something wrong or is it not possible to import these?

Would it be possible to upload...

...all visited systems? (From EDDB form example)...

...creating an ultimate visited systems tool so you SEE where the unexplored ones are?

Oh my, the possibilities...

I don't know the limits of the .dat file, also EDSM/EDD have only collected some jumps from some players, not all, so it wouldn't accomplish that exactly. It does sound exciting though.

Would it be possible to upload...

...all visited systems? (From EDDB form example)...

...creating an ultimate visited systems tool so you SEE where the unexplored ones are?

Oh my, the possibilities...

I download the systems.csv and you get 4.2 million star systems which I converted into an importstars.txt size 87mb. Dare I try loading it

Or maybe cut this file into regions it would be cool to have some form of swappable visited profile.

Either way. I like your tool for finding my data.

I download the systems.csv and you get 4.2 million star systems which I converted into an importstars.txt size 87mb. Dare I try loading it

I had 20k or thereabouts and it took 10-12 minutes after starting the game before I got the notification it was done. You might have to leave Elite running for quite some time to get through 4.2 million (if it even works...)

I had 20k or thereabouts and it took 10-12 minutes after starting the game before I got the notification it was done. You might have to leave Elite running for quite some time to get through 4.2 million (if it even works...)

I decided against loading everything, backup my current files, got a fresh import of my travel log, then wrote a little program that pulled only the star systems that started with the names I was interested in, I've ended up with about 14k from stars beginning with the waypoints from C3E. So hopefully I should now be able to plot routes on around areas not logged in EDDB. Until I get back to Colonia then I'll reload my travel using drkaii tool.

Thank you, colleague! :)

H0zFCLQ.jpg

Top Bottom