Ships Top 5 Cargo Ships

Good morning, Commanders!

I’ve got a short article for today, which is a top 5 list of cargo ships. I‘ve only got one more to post after this, so thank you for being so kind and friendly! I’ll be staying active even after my final article has been posted.

I loved hauling cargo in my Cutter on trade loops — without it I wouldn’t have been able to afford my Vette or Type-10. I still turn to it if I’m in a financial pinch! Is it repetitive? Of course. Is it a great vibe when you’ve got a space trucking playlist on? 100%.
My Cutter will be doing its last few loops soon, which will be enough to fully A-rate it and turn it into a combat ship. I think I’ll miss it in a weird way!

What about you? Cutter? Type-9/10? Python? How do you roll?

Cutter. Hands down. Capacity, Speed, Resilience.
Sure, one needs to avoid boosting towards anything that's closer than 10km, but i feel i'm getting picky 😂

T-9 until the Cutter is unlocked. But T-9 is too slow and it can be mass-locked by Krait mk2 and Python

Python for generic supply/delivery missions

And that's basically it.
Top3 :)

Good morning, Commanders!

I’ve got a short article for today, which is a top 5 list of cargo ships. I‘ve only got one more to post after this, so thank you for being so kind and friendly! I’ll be staying active even after my final article has been posted.

I loved hauling cargo in my Cutter on trade loops — without it I wouldn’t have been able to afford my Vette or Type-10. I still turn to it if I’m in a financial pinch! Is it repetitive? Of course. Is it a great vibe when you’ve got a space trucking playlist on? 100%.
My Cutter will be doing its last few loops soon, which will be enough to fully A-rate it and turn it into a combat ship. I think I’ll miss it in a weird way!

What about you? Cutter? Type-9/10? Python? How do you roll?

Nice article Kathy, although I believe the Type 6 should have made the list...I suspect many many CMDRs use the Type 6 prior to moving onto the Python, Type 9 and Cutter! :)

Nice article Kathy, although I believe the Type 6 should have made the list...I suspect many many CMDRs use the Type 6 prior to moving onto the Python, Type 9 and Cutter! :)
Keelback/Type-6 was a pretty tough choice! From a purely personal perspective, I prefer the Keelback cause of the side thrusters. The Type-6 feels like a little more of an obvious choice, so I tried to cover something a little different!

Keelback/Type-6 was a pretty tough choice! From a purely personal perspective, I prefer the Keelback cause of the side thrusters. The Type-6 feels like a little more of an obvious choice, so I tried to cover something a little different!

Indeed totally get it, I love the Keelback, actually after getting to Sag A in the Anaconda (with SLF) I decided to deck out an exploration Keelback (with SLF) "The Monachikí Kardiá" and is current heading out to Hawking's Gap then will head towards Magellan's Star although I tempted to wait and join the "Does the Sun still rise in the East? Expedition."!

OK so it's 160 tons cargo capacity.
But it's faster and more manoeuvrable than a python.
The weps layout is much cooler and easier to target with, than it's peers. You can actually see em each side of the ample cockpit bubble.
It boosts about once every 3 seconds. Makes for a great smuggler.
I've got one.
KRAIT II
Best medium hauler multirole vessel of all.

Second best cargo vessel is the Corvette. 568 tons Cargo with 3000 MJ shields, 31 LYs laden with class 4 FSD Booster and heavy armament (doesn‘t need lighweight weapons).

Fun to fly, easier escapes interdictions, destroys PVE-mission-Condas in seconds and is far better suited when gankerdicted.

The Imperial Clipper is worth mentioning as more like a special cargo ship ideal for trading in hot systems in open mode. She is very fast and agile in both normal flight and supercruise. I did some trade CG's in a Clipper and after few failed tries gankers decided to leave me alone.

No question, Cutter for trading vessel that can crush pirates or simply ignore them and resume supercruise. Great for community goals that need commodities shipped and those 50 million mining boom mission where you can just buy the mineral needed for them. Expensive to buy, the rank grind is hideous, but it soon makes back it's buy cost, and why not trade in style!

Top Bottom