Tormentor mods, one must go

I would like your two cents on a tormentor mod, I have enough material for these mods but one has to go, which one would you omit and why:
Greater Range
Higher Accuracy
Stability
Magazine Size
Faster Handling
I plan to use it in combat, settlement incursions, and smash and grab thefts

I already have a stealth build with so no need to recommend these
Noise Suppressor
Audio Masking

id probably omit the range and stability and put in either stowed or faster reload. stowed if you plan to swap weapons in action, faster if you plan on using it as a main weapon.
tormentor is slow and stable enough and i find shooting plasma at longer range somewhat suboptimal...

Magazine Size and faster Handling sort of complement each other
For me I would either go for a bigger magazine or for the faster handling. Both increase your shots/minute

That said I would choose stowed reload over both of these mods. I think the 6 bullets is enough for the tormentor. I do not empty the clip often
1714634692932.png

Stability matters a lot. Without it, the Tormentor has a huge kickback, and the muzzle isn't back down when you're ready to fire the next shot. With stability, you can perfectly chain you shots.
The Tormentor is a two shot weapon, first knocks down the shield, second drops the opponent. Without stability you can land the first but subsequent shots are likely to go wide allowing your opponent to restore their shield and you're back to square one.
I'd drop the hip fire accuracy, the weapon is wildly inaccurate and I'd consider any unaimed shot a miss.

My choice to put on a non-stealth Tormentor:
Stability
Magazine size
Stowed reloading
Faster reload

That way as a secondary weapon it's always fully loaded if you need it, and if you need it for a longer time than 9 shots (eg out of primary gun ammo in a CZ and no ammo dispenser nearby), manual reloading is fast. Its handling is fast enough as is IMO, no need for faster handling—you only shave off a few milliseconds from draw time.

The Tormentor is a two shot weapon, first knocks down the shield, second drops the opponent. Without stability you can land the first but subsequent shots are likely to go wide allowing your opponent to restore their shield and you're back to square one.
That's what I'm sayin' ;-).

For the record, I own one Tormentor, which is of course G5, and I have stability, stowed reloading and both sound thingies on it. Just with stability, this pistol is a beast, and often the only gun I ever use.

I would like your two cents on a tormentor mod, I have enough material for these mods but one has to go, which one would you omit and why:
Greater Range
Higher Accuracy
Stability
Magazine Size
Faster Handling
I plan to use it in combat, settlement incursions, and smash and grab thefts

I already have a stealth build with so no need to recommend these
Noise Suppressor
Audio Masking
Just add a couple of mods to your stealth build so you do not need a second weapon.
Audio masking + noise suppression on so add
Stability.
Then probably scope, although greater range is not an option.

You will not be using this weapon in high ground CZs much as you need a bit of stand off distance, which is where an Exe is the weapon. A Tormentor is a beast in low CZs and good for medium CZs. With the audio masking you can follow behind enemy and drop them one by one fairly easily, which is why it makes a good stealth and combat build.

Steve

Then probably scope
Not on Tormentor, no—there is a bug with scoped Tormentor making the crosshair unaligned with the barrel. This makes you shoot a few degrees low.
You will not be using this weapon in high ground CZs much as you need a bit of stand off distanc
As a closed quarter weapon it's excellent in high CZ-s when your primaries are Aphelion+AR50 or dual rocket launchers.

It does eliminate the damage drop off, noticeable on both Tormentor and Executioner.
I have tormentors on all my accounts, all G5 with stability and range. Never needed anything else.
I've never seen my executioner not killing shieldless enemies in one hit or shielded ones with two, at any range. Plus the projectile speed is kind of low and limits the effective range by itself. Whatever that mod does (if it does something) I wouldn't call it "noticeable", and I wouldn't spend precious materials on it. OP has an easy choice imho.

Last edited:
I have never noticed an issue with the tormentor + scope. I when not under pressure aim lower torso and this allows a second quick shot to the upper torso. If under pressure, centre mass. The tougher shielded npcs do need 4 shots, 2 for the shield and two for the body, other wise 1 + 1.

Steve

Top Bottom