Touring with a thargoid sensor called Edna

So I really feel bad about the way all we can do is shoot thargoids and nothing else... I remember there being a... what was it... CHOICE between shooting them and feeding them meta alloy... my memory is a bit fuzzy as its been a long time.

"But what if..." I say to you and myself "what if we must not try understand them, what if they must understand us?!"

What if... and this is a thing that thargoid sensors do, they scan ships nearby and they emit a noise depending on ship.
What else does it scan?
Can it scan things like say... Tourist beacons?!

So I ask: what if we try stop shooting them, what if we stop trying to understand them and instead try get them to understand us?

Why don't we take a sensor on a tour to see various things and then give the sensor back?

In fact... I have gone ahead and taken a leap to do this experiment myself and see what happens. In addition I will be taking pictures along the way.

Screenshot_0147.jpg

This is Edna, the thargoid sensor I will be taking on a tour to (in hope) have it learn human culture via visiting various things and tourist beacons.

And For a start... Edna met Voyager 2!

Screenshot_0149.jpg

I like to think Edna enjoyed the friendly greetings from voyager 2 in various languages.

Thank you for reading. I will post more pictures of Edna near things as I try teach it by touring the bubble. Currently doing the long trip to the other voyager satellites.

Screenshot_0152.jpg
Edna next to New Horizons, no fun messages from this probe as it was meant to take pictures of pluto... I think... I realise I am a terrible tour guide and only know things I can learn from google search... hopefully Edna won't give me a 1/5 star review after this o....o

Anyways... off to bed with me. tomorrow I take Edna to more places

Screenshot_0154.jpg
Edna next to Voyager 1
More friendly greetings!
Screenshot_0155.jpgScreenshot_0156.jpg
took Edna to the tourist beacon too, that way I didn't need to google the story behind voyager 1
Though after deploying Edna many tourist ships in the area announced their entertainment is cancelled due to technical issues...
Edna? Did you do something?

Took Edna to to Earth. Visited the beacons so Edna could learn about the beginning of humanity.
Screenshot_0169.jpg
The view we got at one of the beacons was... breath taking...
Screenshot_0167.jpg

Maybe Edna will also learn about what it means to be human...

And such a good view I wanted to join in the photos!
Screenshot_0160.jpg

But this is just the beginning! And I am not sure where else to take Edna... Probably to a few other tourist beacons in Sol but after that I am not sure... Maybe to the Empire Capitol I think...

First Contact beacon at Lave? Though Edna probably knows that's inaccurate. I'm not sure I can recommend the Jameson Cobra, and I don't remember whether there's a beacon there anyway.
Probably a good idea to show Edna that first contact beacon. So Edna can understand we don't remember correctly what has happened.
Humans are forgetful

Took Edna to to Earth.
<...>
The view we got at one of the beacons was... breath taking...
<...>
And I am not sure where else to take Edna.

Aren't there any Ammonia worlds with a breathtaking (not only when landed) view?

Ever been to the Saint and the Prophet? Nice reading for both of you.

Some guardian sites are also really happy when visited, the obelisks even change their color when approached correctly.
There is even a tourist beacon in Ancient site 1.

Screenshot_0178.jpg

Mars! once worshiped as the god of war in ancient times. I wonder if Edna has a religion?
We payed visit to the various tourist beacons, learned about Halsey's vision, terraforming mars, and a non human relic found there
Screenshot_0176.jpgScreenshot_0180.jpg

I wonder if the thargoids might have been able to identify the non-human relic... maybe its a fragment of a thargoid sensor?! Who knows?!

Sadly got chased and shot at by a pirate of the Mother Gaia faction. Luckily me and Edna escaped with only a few scratches to my ship.

Screenshot_0175.jpg

I wonder if thargoids know about terraforming? They seem to be interested in farming though... farming their meta alloys across multiple worlds for... whatever reason they farm them? Maybe if we knew how to farm barnacles we could have been friends?

Hi all its been a while.
Life got hectic, friend got odessy, some people rained on my parade, fleet carrier needed feeding, a lot happened
so haven't continued any of this x....x
Still have Edna tucked away on my fleet carrier so ya. I haven't forgotten her

Top Bottom