Track technology

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Frontier posted a new picture with track pieces. (B&M track pieces)
CWmSwasWEAACEcT.jpg:large

Last edited:
They did say it was piece by piece - If you have a look at Dev Diary 2 you can get a short glimpse at what it is going to be like.
1m55s in
[video=youtube_share;JOAiH4_Wrc4]https://youtu.be/JOAiH4_Wrc4?t=1m56s[/video]

Last edited:
I'm not an coaster guy, so I let the experts analyze this.

But I guess these are important pieces ... maybe ... [uhh]

i did see that, in fact, i think it is one of the most important things in the video, but im not sure if that's peice by piece, or spine building.
it seems like a blend of the 2.

It does seem like it will be pretty powerful and easy to use at the same time - I am keen to see more and get my hands on it.

I just love the supports that are in the top left corner, a massive improvement from RCT3. If only they would show supports for wooden coasters.

On other pictures I think there are brakes, block brakes, catwalks and how they conform to the lifthill and some other pieces that I don't recognize. A launched system perhaps?

A launched system perhaps?
Yes, it would appear so.

As for the Coaster Editor... Based on what was shown (1:56,) it looks like it's piece by piece with three customization options- bank- slope- and x/y modifications. It's unclear as to whether there will be any left/right turn pieces because they decided to hide the HUD. Chances are that it'll offer some of the freedom that comes with a spline-based editor/creator without the ability to go back to edit each additional piece once the next piece has been built. They'll show it off in the next one-two months before the march alpha.

Hmmm, but Baron has the "Standard- wide- Track". The bigger Dive Machines in the US have the wider rails. [big grin]

Yeeees... Thats completly true :) If our speculation is ok, and we can use diferent track types with different coaster cars..... Its gonna be insane n.n

But im thinking about... And maybe not all track pieces will be able for every track. I mean, maybe will be only possible to build a Dive Coaster with that wider track type?

Oh man, I was really looking forward to those things... I'm not a coaster expert, but I love having those realistic supports... You have no idea how much this makes me happy.This is definitely a point in favour of PC instead of the other game, which, well.. are more some kind of pseudo-water-pipes (see picture)
epdWILp.jpg

In the fourth picture, I can see a larger catwalk... This makes me think... B&M Wing Coaster? That'd be awesome.

Cakewalks, realistic supports...
Fantastic detail on those B&M tracks.
Also, even if all are B&M, the detail desing is amazing. The inverted coaster, the classic B&M, the dive coaster...

It is a bit sad that frontier doesn't post these pics not first in CHC. If I would not be so curious about the thread title I would just fly off the pics here!

If those supports work like they do in the pictures, this is going to be soooooo sophisticated. I was prepared to settle for building a good looking faux, 'computer simulation' rollercoaster, but they might look totally real!

I think one thing Frontier really need to look into is being able to alter and edit the supports manually too.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom