Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Hi Eventure

Yes have started doing so it was a great feature for MK1 any way thank for you getting the MK11 to work
with your earlier post for me..

thanks dee.

Can you send me your netlog file of this session?

I was on for 3 or 4 hrs, so it will be buried in that netlog somewhere. I will make another session with just going to T'iensei, to a starport there, then leave T'iensei to go back to start point.

edit* Netlog sent. When I jumped to T'iensei, TCE stayed on T'iensei: near primary star and under that said 'unknown star system'. If I look in TCE (later) for that system, it shows as T"iensei (quote instead of apostrophe).

Last edited:
Hello guys. I'm trying to make TCE work but I have a problem. I'm on windows 7 and the Logs folder in the game directory is write protected, so the software cant access the netlog files and returns error messages.
It is impossible to uncheck the read only attribute for the folder as I have Elite installed in the \users\<username>\appdata\local\.... directoy.
Any suggestions? how do you make it work properly?

Hello guys. I'm trying to make TCE work but I have a problem. I'm on windows 7 and the Logs folder in the game directory is write protected, so the software cant access the netlog files and returns error messages.
It is impossible to uncheck the read only attribute for the folder as I have Elite installed in the \users\<username>\appdata\local\.... directoy.

The log should be in \Program Files (x86)\Frontier\EDLaunch\Products\(whatever version you have)\Logs

TCE isn't writing to that directory, it's just reading the netlog files, although it does write to the AppConfig.xml when you've gone through setup? If it's the latter you're having problems with then start TCE in Administrator Mode.

Where have you installed TCE? Don't install it in Program Folders

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

There is no \products\logs folder there

Check the FAQ, that tells you where the folders can be, if you have Horizons note: For Horizons customer, please replace FORC-FDEV-D-1010 with elite-dangerous-64

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Not necessarily - see the FAQ.
In any case, TCE doesn't need to write to the Logs folder.

Ninjed .......

Last edited:
Tried the install and it all seemed to work, found the directories etc. However when I lauch it and the game the stats shows - "waiting for game, launch or restart" (or something close) it does not seem to know I am in the game. Ideas?

Not necessarily - see the FAQ.
In any case, TCE doesn't need to write to the Logs folder.

I already read that FAQ. According to that page, my game folder should be here:

• NetLog -> C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Products\elite-dangerous-64\Logs

and infact it is but every subfolder of \users\ is by default read-only.

BTW this is the error that I get whent trying to use the Auto Search feature:

Access to the path c:\documents and settings is denied

Details:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(String path)
at Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_Functions.RecursiveSearch(String strPath, String strPattern) in C:\Users\Hellfire\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_Functions.vb:line 658
at Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_Functions.RecursiveSearch(String strPath, String strPattern) in C:\Users\Hellfire\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_Functions.vb:line 691
at Trade_Computer_Extension.Panel_Config.BTN_AutoDetect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Hellfire\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\Panel_Config.vb:line 259
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18331 built by: FX45GDRSTAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Trade Computer Extension MK.II
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/TCE/Trade%20Computer%20Extension%20MK.II.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 11.0.50861.18331 built by: FX45GDRSTAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

And this is the error message I get when I launch TCE (with admin rights):

Cannot find column [L]

Details:

System.Data.EvaluateException: Cannot find column [L].
at System.Data.NameNode.Bind(DataTable table, List`1 list)
at System.Data.BinaryNode.Bind(DataTable table, List`1 list)
at System.Data.BinaryNode.Bind(DataTable table, List`1 list)
at System.Data.DataExpression.Bind(DataTable table)
at System.Data.DataExpression..ctor(DataTable table, String expression, Type type)
at System.Data.DataView.set_RowFilter(String value)
at Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_Market_Data.Auto_Destination() in C:\Users\Hellfire\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_Market_Data.vb:line 409
at Trade_Computer_Extension.Ablauf_Startprozedur.TCE_Start_Routine() in C:\Users\Hellfire\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\Ablauf_Startprozedur.vb:line 245
at Trade_Computer_Extension.Panel_Loader.BTN_Start_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Hellfire\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\Panel_Loader.vb:line 74
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///C:/TCE/Trade%20Computer%20Extension%20MK.II.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Win32 Version: 11.0.50861.18331 built by: FX45GDRSTAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data.SQLite
Assembly Version: 1.0.99.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.99.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/TCE/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

I wonder why the hell the installer put the game in the local app folder and not in the usual program files folder :(

I wonder why the hell the installer put the game in the local app folder and not in the usual program files folder :(

When Horizon's came out I had a hard drive crash and had to reinstall... it all went into Program Files for the main stuff this time.

Hello,

I need your netlog file, please.

Hi Eventure,

I wanted to know if you had time to check about this issue (conversion error) as it getting worth and worth at the same time I am adding market within the DB. I even have to stop using it.

No pressure. Just asking :)

Thank you.

Hi Eventure,

I wanted to know if you had time to check about this issue (conversion error) as it getting worth and worth at the same time I am adding market within the DB. I even have to stop using it.

No pressure. Just asking :)

Thank you.

Have fixed that with the next update (hope so, because I didn't have the issue), but i am struggling again with the SQLite routines. Perhaps, there is a reimport of the Mk.I required, but I think, I can handle it without it. So, the update today is postponed on tomorrow.

Have fixed that with the next update (hope so, because I didn't have the issue), but i am struggling again with the SQLite routines. Perhaps, there is a reimport of the Mk.I required, but I think, I can handle it without it. So, the update today is postponed on tomorrow.

Ok thanks!

Tried the install and it all seemed to work, found the directories etc. However when I lauch it and the game the stats shows - "waiting for game, launch or restart" (or something close) it does not seem to know I am in the game. Ideas?

From the post above yours:
Check the FAQ, that tells you where the folders can be, if you have Horizons note: For Horizons customer, please replace FORC-FDEV-D-1010 with elite-dangerous-64

Go into Config and change the location of the AppConfig.xml file as above

Evening Eventure,

The Star System Database is really not working on calculating positions. IT's 30-100 LY out no matter what systems I pick in the four for it to calculate. Have you got this in hand for the next version? It's also still not auto-selecting the 4 systems, just defaulting to the same four each time.

Thanks

Evening Eventure,

The Star System Database is really not working on calculating positions. IT's 30-100 LY out no matter what systems I pick in the four for it to calculate. Have you got this in hand for the next version? It's also still not auto-selecting the 4 systems, just defaulting to the same four each time.

Thanks

The start system db is currently offline

Hi Eventure

Just small error. This happen when I scroll through the commodity prices after a update by EDMC. Scrolling drown I get the following error:

TCE Error 1.JPG

Here is the error details:

Code:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at System.Array.InternalGetReference(Void* elemRef, Int32 rank, Int32* pIndices)
   at System.Array.GetValue(Int32 index1, Int32 index2)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.GetArrayValue(Object[] Indices)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.InternalLateIndexGet(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateInvokeDefault(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Boolean ReportErrors, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.InternalLateInvokeDefault(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Boolean ReportErrors, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   at Trade_Computer_Extension.Panel_Commodity.Update_List() in C:\Users\Hellfire\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\Panel_Commodity.vb:line 710
   at Trade_Computer_Extension.Panel_Commodity.Options_Border_MouseWheel(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Hellfire\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\Panel_Commodity.vb:line 55
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseWheel(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseWheel(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)

mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1055.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///D:/TCE/Trade%20Computer%20Extension%20MK.II.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Win32 Version: 14.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data.SQLite
    Assembly Version: 1.0.99.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.99.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/TCE/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Let me know if you require any files from me.

Back
Top Bottom