Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Version [1.7.3.5] released

Changelog:
- Added a routine to force the primary star to stay as selected after an AutoScan of the star system at the Scan Protocol panel.
- Fixed some small display issues at the Scan Protocol panel.
- Fixed an issue with the AutoScan event, where for each scanned body the Camera panel opens, when enabled at the Options panel.
- Fixed an issue with spamming messages from the Event Reporter when processing an AutoScan of the actual star system.
- Reworked the Event Reporter message for scan events to a one-liner incl. the scan value.

Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Wish you all the best for 2019, stay healthy and have fun!

Best wishes to you to, thanks for all your work. downed the new version . to bad there is still a server down. can't use it for trade's than.

Best wishes to you to, thanks for all your work. downed the new version . to bad there is still a server down. can't use it for trade's than.

There is a new version out of EDMC, which fixes that login issues of the past. You can download it here or when at the TCE Launcher, goto the Extension tab and click the OPEN DOWNLOAD SITE button.
Otherwise, you have to enter the commodity market in game to update the trade data in TCE, for outfitting and shipyard data, enter the corresponding in game menu's too.

Last edited:
Hi Eventure,

Hope you're well. Are the new mining commodities in TCE yet? For example, I have Rhodplumsite and I was looking for a best sell location in the Trade panel and it's not coming up in the 'Select Item' list...???

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Hi Eventure,

Hope you're well. Are the new mining commodities in TCE yet? For example, I have Rhodplumsite and I was looking for a best sell location in the Trade panel and it's not coming up in the 'Select Item' list...???

Thanks for reminding me to add the new commodities. I have added them to the TCE Translation Project for Commodities.
If someone finds the time, we need the translation of them into french, russian and spanish.

Updating also the Outfitting database, where many recent items are missing.

Version [1.7.4] released

Changelog:
- Added 10 missing commodities to the Resources database.
- Added 103 missing outfitting gear to the Resources database.
- Replaced the old outfitting gear EDDB ID reference with the ED ID reference at the Resources database.

Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Strange error with 1.7.4

Version [1.7.4] released

Changelog:
- Added 10 missing commodities to the Resources database.
- Added 103 missing outfitting gear to the Resources database.
- Replaced the old outfitting gear EDDB ID reference with the ED ID reference at the Resources database.

Notes:

Hi Eventure

Happy New Year to you and all fellow TCE users.

I upgraded to 1.7.4 yeaterday and it was working fine until this morning.

TCE suddenly crashed (with no error report) whilst playing ED and I thought it was just a glitch and went to start it up again. However the main TCE .exe file had disappeared from my TCE installation folder.

I thought this was wierd and reinstalled TCE following a reboot and a full virus scan, only for the same thing to happen a few minutes later.

I have had programs crash many times but never seen the .exe file be deleted. There are no obvious issues with my PC so I am at a bit of a loss as to what can be happening - any ideas?

Hi Eventure

Happy New Year to you and all fellow TCE users.

I upgraded to 1.7.4 yeaterday and it was working fine until this morning.

TCE suddenly crashed (with no error report) whilst playing ED and I thought it was just a glitch and went to start it up again. However the main TCE .exe file had disappeared from my TCE installation folder.

I thought this was wierd and reinstalled TCE following a reboot and a full virus scan, only for the same thing to happen a few minutes later.

I have had programs crash many times but never seen the .exe file be deleted. There are no obvious issues with my PC so I am at a bit of a loss as to what can be happening - any ideas?

It must be your AV, make an exclusion for TCE. It's not uncommon, that 3rd party apps got flagged by most AV's as unsafe, so it get under quarantine or got removed.

Last edited:
Version [1.7.4.1] released

Changelog:
- Added some missing translations at the Language database.
- Fixed an error when updating the faction database at the extension tab of the launcher.
- Fixed an issue with the warning sign at the Extension button of the launcher.

Notes:

Hello folks, I hope anyone can help me.

I have installed the newest versions of TCE (1.7.4.1) and EDMC (3.3.3.0). When I open TCE my Browser (Firefox) opens to a authentification site of Frontier. So far, so good, seems to be a new auth mechanism of Frontier. I log in with my usual credentials. After successful login, I click "Approve" for EDMC to start. Ok, so far all good.

But now comes the problem. In TCE under "Extensions/EDMC", I get a warning sign, that my credentials are wrong! Strange, as EDMC is running itself with no sign of an error.
When TCE wants to connect to EDMC (after starting the game or docking at a station) it always says "login error". Why that? It worked perfect before. Clicking the "Add Credential" button in the start screen of TCE, only opens the auth site in my browser.

Can anyone help me how to do it right with this new auth mechanism?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello folks, I hope anyone can help me.

I have installed the newest versions of TCE (1.7.4.1) and EDMC (3.3.3.0). When I open TCE my Browser (Firefox) opens to a authentification site of Frontier. So far, so good, seems to be a new auth mechanism of Frontier. I log in with my usual credentials. After successful login, I click "Approve" for EDMC to start. Ok, so far all good.

But now comes the problem. In TCE under "Extensions/EDMC", I get a warning sign, that my credentials are wrong! Strange, as EDMC is running itself with no sign of an error.
When TCE wants to connect to EDMC (after starting the game or docking at a station) it always says "login error". Why that? It worked perfect before. Clicking the "Add Credential" button in the start screen of TCE, only opens the auth site in my browser.

Can anyone help me how to do it right with this new auth mechanism?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Please try to return to EDMC 3.32 and check again, maybe the last EDMC update broke something for TCE.
Didn't have any problem here, so do you run the EDMC GUI in the back or not?

The ADD CREDENTIALS button only starting the EDMC GUI, which maybe opens your browser.
It's definately a EDMC issue, so I will forward your issue to the EDMC thread.

Last edited:
OK, thx Eventure.

What I found out so far, TCE can connect to EDMC properly when docking at a station. So the main purpose works. I can live with the warning sign at the start as far as EDMC and TCE work together during regular game play.

Last edited:
Hi!
I have two (probably easy to solve) issues.
1) Edmc starts with a white box around it. It disapears when I change the opacity. Disply drivers etc. are up to date. It was also this way with my older gpu (from AMD, now Nvidia).

2) (User problem...): It seems that 2 starports are some kind of bookmarked, one of them is Futen Spaceport. Both are highlighted in yellow (screenshot in the .pdf). But wherever i search I cannot find out, where these Spaceports are marked. How can I get rid of these marks?

Best regards and sorry for my English!

CMRD laHorg

Attachments

• edmcmkii.pdf
    48.8 KB · Views: 249
Hi!
I have two (probably easy to solve) issues.
1) Edmc starts with a white box around it. It disapears when I change the opacity. Disply drivers etc. are up to date. It was also this way with my older gpu (from AMD, now Nvidia).

2) (User problem...): It seems that 2 starports are some kind of bookmarked, one of them is Futen Spaceport. Both are highlighted in yellow (screenshot in the .pdf). But wherever i search I cannot find out, where these Spaceports are marked. How can I get rid of these marks?

Best regards and sorry for my English!

CMRD laHorg

Hi CMDR laHorg,

1. What OS you are using? If Win 7 or older, activate the Aero Mode. Please add also an exception for TCE in your AV software, if that could be the problem.
2. Didn't find a screenshot of the issue in the pdf file, please add it or describe, what panel the issue is present.

Hi CMDR laHorg,

1. What OS you are using? If Win 7 or older, activate the Aero Mode. Please add also an exception for TCE in your AV software, if that could be the problem.
2. Didn't find a screenshot of the issue in the pdf file, please add it or describe, what panel the issue is present.

Wait. I haven't been in game for quite a while, but hasn't it been the case that Rares selling markets were highlighted? Futen rings a bell in my ears...

Hi again!
I am using Windows 7 64bit, Aero enabled. I also use Bitdefender as Personal Firewall, Ransomware Remediation,... Turning off the features of Bitdefender does not change anything. But! Since a few days sometimes the UI "turns normal" after a minute or two.

The Exception:

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\Users\Werner\AppData\Local\Temp\TCE Update.exe" wurde verweigert.
bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
bei Trade_Computer_Extension.TCE_Launcher_Login.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\TCE_Launcher_Login.vb:Zeile 30.
bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
Trade Computer Extension MK.II
Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///G:/Games/TCE%20010119/Trade%20Computer%20Extension%20Mk.II.exe.
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly-Version: 10.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 14.7.3062.0 built by: NET472REL1.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll.
System
Win32-Version: 4.7.3221.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Core

@punkerich: The yellow highlights are rare good trading stations! Thx!

Some images should be attached, hope that works now!

Best regards again!

CMDR laHorg

PS: Thanks for this awesome piece of software! :)

Attachments

• Error.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 200
  • Exception.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Access denied.pdf
    394.8 KB · Views: 292
  • tcemkii.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Hi again!
I am using Windows 7 64bit, Aero enabled. I also use Bitdefender as Personal Firewall, Ransomware Remediation,... Turning off the features of Bitdefender does not change anything. But! Since a few days sometimes the UI "turns normal" after a minute or two.

The Exception:

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\Users\Werner\AppData\Local\Temp\TCE Update.exe" wurde verweigert.
bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
bei Trade_Computer_Extension.TCE_Launcher_Login.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\TCE_Launcher_Login.vb:Zeile 30.
bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
Win32-Version: 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
Trade Computer Extension MK.II
Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///G:/Games/TCE%20010119/Trade%20Computer%20Extension%20Mk.II.exe.
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly-Version: 10.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 14.7.3062.0 built by: NET472REL1.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll.
System
Win32-Version: 4.7.3221.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Core

@punkerich: The yellow highlights are rare good trading stations! Thx!

Some images should be attached, hope that works now!

Best regards again!

CMDR laHorg

PS: Thanks for this awesome piece of software! :)

Thanks, activate run as admin at the desktop shortcut/file.

Last edited:
Version [1.7.4.2] released

Changelog:
- Fixed an issue with the search for outfitting gear at the Trade Overview panel.
- Fixed a small database entry issue with some hardpoint outfitting gear at the Resources database.

Notes:

Last edited:
@Eventure: Tried running as admin several times, same behaviour. Tried it today with Bitdefender disabled, still the box around. I will update to 1.7.4.2 tomorow as admin.
Thanks for your replies! :)

@Eventure: Tried running as admin several times, same behaviour. Tried it today with Bitdefender disabled, still the box around. I will update to 1.7.4.2 tomorow as admin.
Thanks for your replies! :)

I know about an unsolved bug at Win 7 regarding transparent windows, but never heard about your actual problem.
Because you have changed your GFX and both have this issue, I would think about an OS issue.

No one else reported such an issue before, and ,of course, it looks really wired.
I would suggest to check, if your OS is up-to-date and reinstall the noted runtime at my OP.
Install thereafter TCE again for a test.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom