Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Hi Jacke,

Sorry, my reply was to SgtKamato but I thought that clicking on ED made that the focus and TCE would go away but still be open in the background?

I would check with Eventure on that question as I use a second monitor for TCE.

Martin

Thanks for that possible workaround, Martin.

I use a mouse for flight control so I have some concern about the clash of using the mouse for that and accessing TCE.

I used a gaming laptop (now a bit old) with an external monitor, with the monitor being my primary screen. I could move TCE to the laptop screen, but unless I could disable its always-on-top, it would then interfere with the extra apps I usually have running there.

Thanks for that possible workaround, Martin.

I use a mouse for flight control so I have some concern about the clash of using the mouse for that and accessing TCE.

I used a gaming laptop (now a bit old) with an external monitor, with the monitor being my primary screen. I could move TCE to the laptop screen, but unless I could disable its always-on-top, it would then interfere with the extra apps I usually have running there.
You can assaign a button for Show/Hide TMC ingame. Then you can hide it when you go on the other screen.

Hi,
I would guess that problem is caused by the focus being on the wrong program at a guess?

Although you have said that you have the focus correct?

Is there anything happening to steal the focus from the game when the mouse shows up in the icon box?

Martin

I make a video. My english is not so well for explaining xD

€dit: the video

Anytime in a fight i have the problem... if my mouse goes in a "bad position" then i have tmc if i fire (Left click)...

Ah and when i am on tmc focus then and move from one icon to another i loos my fokus...

Last edited:
You can assaign a button for Show/Hide TMC ingame. Then you can hide it when you go on the other screen.
That solved my problems. Thanks!

Anytime in a fight i have the problem... if my mouse goes in a "bad position" then i have tmc if i fire (Left click)...
Maybe what you could do is Hide the TCE interface except when you're in station or on one of the other info displays. If I get the problem, I'll see if that works.

That solved my problems. Thanks!

Maybe what you could do is Hide the TCE interface except when you're in station or on one of the other info displays. If I get the problem, I'll see if that works.
That would work but i stream and there are infomation about my sector etc. i want to see this in my screen ^^

I was also wondering if there is a part of TCE that provides a simple log of where you've been and when. It seems to record a lot of information. I was wondering if it created a traditional ship's log at least in outline. Or do I have to do that manually?

You can find your travel history at the Navigation panel (Flight Log tab).

Thanks for the vid, makes your issue clear to me.

I'm working onto a manual focus option, where you have to press a key to make TCE accessible. It will only work in conjuction with the "Remove UI buttons on focus loss" option at the General tab of the Options panel. TCE could then only get accessibility, if pressed the keybind. The accessibility is removed when the UI buttons got removed from the UI again after focus loss. Hope this could be a solution to you and others.

Welp, I had a couple of shocks when I visited a new-to-me system. I had the TCE display turned off via keybind, but I got some panels popping up despite that.

After arrival, while in supercruise over the star lining up for the station, I had a panel pop up for the new-to-me star. I had to mouse to close it. And as I use the mouse to control pitch and yaw, my ship was wobbling in supercruise until I closed the panel.

Then upon getting close to the planet where the station was, I had a popup panel for the planet. Again, a scramble to close the panel while blowing the deceleration into the station.

After landing, I pulled up the TCE Options looking for a way to disable these. I think they're under Panel Configuration and I think it's the radio button "Activate Waypoint Panel", but I'm not sure. I looked through the wiki but still aren't sure. I want to disable the popup effect, not disable another function, and I'm not sure what does what.

Under the Options Panel wiki entry, it says "All options are self-explanatory and didn’t require a separate entry here." I'm going to have to disagree. This is a fantastic tool with many many features and controls. So much that I can't figure out what makes it do what it did above. And I'm not sure what so much of it does. And I also think it's an unfortunate default having a popup panel in the centre of the screen covering a large part of it that persists at crucial moments.

I'll have to spend some time and dig for more info on TCE. For now, instead of changing options that I'm not sure what they do, as a workaround, I'm going to have TCE only display on my laptop screen, so it doesn't block my view of ED. I can disable the display normal so I can see what I have on my laptop. And if something pops up at a crucial time, it won't cause...accidents. :) But it'll still be there doing stuff. Which I really need to learn more about.

Welp, I had a couple of shocks when I visited a new-to-me system. I had the TCE display turned off via keybind, but I got some panels popping up despite that.

After arrival, while in supercruise over the star lining up for the station, I had a panel pop up for the new-to-me star. I had to mouse to close it. And as I use the mouse to control pitch and yaw, my ship was wobbling in supercruise until I closed the panel.

Then upon getting close to the planet where the station was, I had a popup panel for the planet. Again, a scramble to close the panel while blowing the deceleration into the station.

After landing, I pulled up the TCE Options looking for a way to disable these. I think they're under Panel Configuration and I think it's the radio button "Activate Waypoint Panel", but I'm not sure. I looked through the wiki but still aren't sure. I want to disable the popup effect, not disable another function, and I'm not sure what does what.

Under the Options Panel wiki entry, it says "All options are self-explanatory and didn’t require a separate entry here." I'm going to have to disagree. This is a fantastic tool with many many features and controls. So much that I can't figure out what makes it do what it did above. And I'm not sure what so much of it does. And I also think it's an unfortunate default having a popup panel in the centre of the screen covering a large part of it that persists at crucial moments.

I'll have to spend some time and dig for more info on TCE. For now, instead of changing options that I'm not sure what they do, as a workaround, I'm going to have TCE only display on my laptop screen, so it doesn't block my view of ED. I can disable the display normal so I can see what I have on my laptop. And if something pops up at a crucial time, it won't cause...accidents. :) But it'll still be there doing stuff. Which I really need to learn more about.
Can you tell me, what panel it was? Each panel has a name at the top-center position.
Generally spoken, all panels should not display, if the UI was hidden. If you could tell me, which it was, i could start finding the bug.
Thanks in advance!

Can you tell me, what panel it was? Each panel has a name at the top-center position.
Generally spoken, all panels should not display, if the UI was hidden. If you could tell me, which it was, i could start finding the bug.
Thanks in advance!
I'm sure to get again soon, so I'll let you know.

Under the Options Panel wiki entry, it says "All options are self-explanatory and didn’t require a separate entry here." I'm going to have to disagree.
Thanks for your feedback!

I have reworked the wiki in that part and invite all users to check out all possibilities your have to customize TCE to your own favor. All options are briefly described.
Here you find the link: https://trade-computer-extension-mkii.fandom.com/wiki/Options_panel

Have fun!

I have reworked the wiki in that part and invite all users to check out all possibilities your have to customize TCE to your own favor. All options are briefly described.
Here you find the link: https://trade-computer-extension-mkii.fandom.com/wiki/Options_panel
That's excellent and should help a lot.

Welp, went to a new-to-me system, Ehecatl, but the displays didn't pop up, even when I honked. I think it's because it's not new cartographic data. Will have to see what happens when I go through a system like that.

Also had a bit of issue and needed to restart TCE. It didn't get its display up. Between restarting ED and TCE I got them going again.

What order should they be started in?

What order should they be started in?
I recommend to start either TCE or ED first until fully loaded and then start the other one.
@Scanning could open the Scan Protocol panel, you can deactivate it at the Options panel.

Last edited:
Version [1.8.1.0] released
Changelog:
  • Added a Manual Focus option to the General tab of the Options panel, displaying only when activating the Remove UI Buttons option. TCE will be only accessible when pressing the keybind of "Focus Interface".
  • Removed the requirement of entering a Frontier and EBBD commodity ID when adding a new commodity to the database. TCE will compare the commodity name instead of the ID in that case.
  • Fixed a display issue of the Note button at the Position and Destination displays.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello,
I noticed that tooltips and plugins are now listing in the center of my window instead of along the left hand side. is there a way to move this that I'm missing?

Hello,
I noticed that tooltips and plugins are now listing in the center of my window instead of along the left hand side. is there a way to move this that I'm missing?
Each panel has a header name, where you can move the panel to a position you like. Click and hold the mouse button and move it where you want.
For the Waypoint, Cargo and Summary panel, you have to open it to see the header name.
For the Main UI or Event Reporter, you have to open the CONTROL menu and click the PANEL button. Then you can see the header name for them too.

Hope that helps, otherwise you have to be more specific.

The current star system is wrong since the Fleet Carriers update - I'm in HIP 290 just outside Dolgov Port, but TCE say's its HIP 772 - I think I read somewhere that Frontier had changed the API
1592516977298.png

And after jump to another different system it says this:
1592518270719.png

Last edited:
The current star system is wrong since the Fleet Carriers update - I'm in HIP 290 just outside Dolgov Port, but TCE say's its HIP 772 - I think I read somewhere that Frontier had changed the API
View attachment 178051

And after jump to another different system it says this:
View attachment 178053
Because no one else reported your issue, please let TCE rescan your ED installation (Launcher > Settings > Auto-Detect). Maybe an issue with the Verboselogging entry.

I'm sure it's been asked before, but is there a good way to make your mouse active vs. using the windows key, or alt-tabbing?
Yes, you can select a key to make your mouse active. Enter the Options panel or at the Launcher, go to the Keyboard tab and select a keybind for Focus Interface.

Because no one else reported your issue, please let TCE rescan your ED installation (Launcher > Settings > Auto-Detect). Maybe an issue with the Verboselogging entry.

Thanks - that fixed it, sometime back I experimented with using Steam, but reverted back a long time ago to using the Frontier launcher - TCE seemed to have picked up the Steam version. I didn't think to check that path.

Yes, you can select a key to make your mouse active. Enter the Options panel or at the Launcher, go to the Keyboard tab and select a keybind for Focus Interface.
Thank you so much!!!! Didn't realize what that meant. Cheers!

Top Bottom