Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

The second file has multiple HIP 39048 entries, the first not. When I import the first, no multiple systems showing up in TCE.
When I export it, the file doesn't have multiple entries of a system. So all is looking good here.

Do you created the route with the build-in Route Finder function or manually?

I used the Cartography > Explorations > Create Exploration feature. Long story: Never used the cartography panel before (not really an explorer), however I am trying to unlock an engineer and dumping a good chunk of exploration data would help open them up. I saw another comment on the wiki about downloading CSV files from Spansh, so I created my first road to riches run on Spansh (52 systems). I followed the wiki and created a new exploration route and started entering the first 5 or 6 systems. At this point, I thought this is crazy. I read the wiki again and saw that routes can be transferred between players, so I played around exporting and importing files. I took a look at the exported files and they all listed one system per line. I started manually changing the systems and importing. Sometimes it works, sometimes, like the example I gave, it didn't. As I was importing and exporting exploration routes, sometimes with the same name, sometimes different, maybe I messed up some of the database internals.

I did a new install into another folder and did the import there and it was fine, so I am going to set TCE again and go with the new install. Something must have been messed up in the DB somewhere I guess. If I try to do another exploration again, I will backup first and record what steps I take in case it happens again.

Hi Eventure,
Is it possible when using the best sell and best buy searches that the list of stations can only show the ones that have a landing pad for the size of ship in use?
Thank you for your continued work on this great app.

Hi Eventure,
Is it possible when using the best sell and best buy searches that the list of stations can only show the ones that have a landing pad for the size of ship in use?
Thank you for your continued work on this great app.
Good suggestion and timing. Will add it to the next patch, which is released very soon!

Version [1.8.2.3] released
Changelog:
  • Added new phrases of faction states to the language database.
  • Added new database tables for security and faction states to the Resources database.
  • Added the current ship size into account of displayed markets, when searching for Best Buy, Best Sell, Outfitting, Shipyard and Rares at the Trade Overview panel.
  • Fixed an issue with the manual market type selection at the Database panel.
  • Fixed a wrong entry in english for 'BLUE WHITE SUPERGIANT (B)' type star class at the language database.
  • Fixed an issue with the displayed fuel capacity at the Destination display.
  • Fixed a wrong initialization of the new Clipboard buttons at the Position and Destination displays.
  • Fixed a display issue with the distance, security and visits values at the Position and Destination displays of the UI.
  • Fixed a display issue showing the symbol name instead of the proper star class name at the Cartography panel.
  • Fixed an issue with the Event Reporter producing stuttering animations at the large view of the Position and Destination displays.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who want's to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commoditiesat OneSky. Thanks in advance.

A question: On the launcher, the UPDATE FACTIONS button always seems to be disabled. Is there a trick to enable it, or is it not required?

A question: On the launcher, the UPDATE FACTIONS button always seems to be disabled. Is there a trick to enable it, or is it not required?
It becomes available, if you track at least one faction, selectable at the Faction panel.
Then you can update the selected factions with this button, so you don't have to visit each star system yourself, where these factions are present.
I will add a tooltip for this and other buttons.

Last edited:
Hi Eventure,

When I load TCE the extensions option has an exclamation mark on it. When I go to it, it says the connector app has "invalid credentials". I hit add credentials, log in, the connector app says "Authentication successful", but TCE still says "invalid credentials".

It doesn't matter if I'm already running the EDMarketConnector app when I start TCE or not, the same thing happens.

I'm also asked to login to frontier servers every time TCE loads. Even if the market connector has already authenticated me.

Edit: nevermind I found your instructions from earlier in this long thread to de-authorize and re-authorize the connector and it worked.

Last edited:
Ok, next problem:

I'm docked at Morgan Gateway in Teng Yeh. I have a mission to deliver cargo to Hardy Hub in LHS 1963 (19.78 LY away, 9LS from primary star, EDDB shows last updated 11 hours ago.) I have never been to LHS 1963, but would like to fill my other cargo holds with something profitable.

On the TCE launcher in the extensions panel it says center star system of Teng Yeh, data age of prices 14 days, sphere range of 60 LY, Distance 5,000 LS. I turned on station data and outfitting data, hit the update trade stations, then update star systems. This takes about 4 minutes. I then launch TCE. I click on Trade overview, and it doesn't have any details for LHS 1963. I try Cartography.... still no reference to LHS 1963. I look at Navigation... no reference to LHS 1963 exists. I try the "connect" button in the middle... doesn't seem to change anything LHS 1963 still doesn't exist anywhere. TCE is recommending I buy Wine here and sell it at Cregglezone 60.99LY away. In fact, MOST of it's data seems to be from near Wolf 397 where I first installed TCE, and have been trading most of yesterday.

What do I have to do to make a new system get downloaded from EDDB? I'm frequently moving far across the bubble and encountering systems I don't have data for yet, but the internet does. I want to see what's profitable at my destination even if I haven't been there yet. Preferably in seconds rather than needing to load a large portion of the galaxy every time I dock somewhere near the edge of my existing data.

Edit: I'm now docked at Hardy Hub. I still don't see LHS 1963 in my cartography database, and my auto-destination is still Cregglezone. Hardy Hub didn't exist in TCE until I docked at it even though I used my d-scanner as soon as I entered the system and the FSS doesn't show any new signal sources outside the far left ones that always change.

Last edited:
Hey i have an issue when using the neutron star plotter function when i put in the start and end location and then click the button for it to generate the route the first 3 waypoints work fine but after that it just spams the end system over and over for like 100 jumps

Ok, next problem:

I'm docked at Morgan Gateway in Teng Yeh. I have a mission to deliver cargo to Hardy Hub in LHS 1963 (19.78 LY away, 9LS from primary star, EDDB shows last updated 11 hours ago.) I have never been to LHS 1963, but would like to fill my other cargo holds with something profitable.

On the TCE launcher in the extensions panel it says center star system of Teng Yeh, data age of prices 14 days, sphere range of 60 LY, Distance 5,000 LS. I turned on station data and outfitting data, hit the update trade stations, then update star systems. This takes about 4 minutes. I then launch TCE. I click on Trade overview, and it doesn't have any details for LHS 1963. I try Cartography.... still no reference to LHS 1963. I look at Navigation... no reference to LHS 1963 exists. I try the "connect" button in the middle... doesn't seem to change anything LHS 1963 still doesn't exist anywhere. TCE is recommending I buy Wine here and sell it at Cregglezone 60.99LY away. In fact, MOST of it's data seems to be from near Wolf 397 where I first installed TCE, and have been trading most of yesterday.

What do I have to do to make a new system get downloaded from EDDB? I'm frequently moving far across the bubble and encountering systems I don't have data for yet, but the internet does. I want to see what's profitable at my destination even if I haven't been there yet. Preferably in seconds rather than needing to load a large portion of the galaxy every time I dock somewhere near the edge of my existing data.

Edit: I'm now docked at Hardy Hub. I still don't see LHS 1963 in my cartography database, and my auto-destination is still Cregglezone. Hardy Hub didn't exist in TCE until I docked at it even though I used my d-scanner as soon as I entered the system and the FSS doesn't show any new signal sources outside the far left ones that always change.
Let's sort things first, the Cartography panel is for exploration and you didn't get any detail planet or star informations through the EDDB-Relay, only the star class. You have to either visit the star system and scanning yourself the system, using the Nav Beacon or forcing EDSM to update the star system.

The EDDB-Relay getting it's data for traiding from the nightly dump (done at about 6 o'clock AM EST) of the EDDB web site. So the data you get are not real time data!
They may be at least 3h old or older, depending on the last update from a pilot using EDMC, which was actually there. So if you are 12h away from the dump time stamp and you see an update in EDDB, which was 11h old, the new market data wasn't in the dump.
With the Connect button, of course, you getting real time data from the market you are. EDMC sending the data to EDDB if you didn't deactivated the option (Online tab of the Options panel).
The Auto-Destination guides you from the market you are to the next most profitable market in Trade Range for a specific commodity (see the Trade Advisior at the Trade Overview panel).

When using the EDDB-Relay, create the market database first in a selected sphere, thereafter update the trade stations to receive trading informations about the markets.
If you leave this sphere, you may redo it again, otherwise increase the range of the sphere. Check the 'Include Visited Star Systems' option, so the markets of visited star systems, which lying outside the sphere are not removed.

If you, for example, create a sphere of 1.000 LYs, the number of markets increasing dramatically and the EDDB-Relay requires more time to update. but set your Trade Range to three times your jump range to reduce performance loss.

Hey i have an issue when using the neutron star plotter function when i put in the start and end location and then click the button for it to generate the route the first 3 waypoints work fine but after that it just spams the end system over and over for like 100 jumps
Please give me the start and end star system, I would try to recreate the issue. Thanks.
Edit: Found some issues comming from the last big update of TCE. Working on a fix at the moment, so please bypass the exploration tab of the Cartography panel until a fix is out. Thanks.

Last edited:
Let's sort things first, the Cartography panel is for exploration and you didn't get any detail planet or star informations through the EDDB-Relay, only the star class. You have to either visit the star system and scanning yourself the system, using the Nav Beacon or forcing EDSM to update the star system.
Ok the cartography panel only looks at fully surface scanned planets? I don't bother to surface scan most planets, but I do use the full system scan in every system. LHS 1963 didn't seem to show up in Cartography even after I visited it and used the FSS.

The EDDB-Relay getting it's data for traiding from the nightly dump (done at about 6 o'clock AM EST) of the EDDB web site. So the data you get are not real time data!
They may be at least 3h old or older, depending on the last update from a pilot using EDMC, which was actually there. So if you are 12h away from the dump time stamp and you see an update in EDDB, which was 11h old, the new market data wasn't in the dump.
I have no problem with the data being 12 hours old, but it didn't seem to exist at all. LHS 1963 is near Sol so I'd expect there should have been older data in the nightly dump file. TCE didn't show that either of the ports in LHS 1963 existed at all before I entered that system. Once I did enter that system, and used the FSS and landed on one of the 2 ports, the one I landed on showed up, but the other one didn't.

With the Connect button, of course, you getting real time data from the market you are. EDMC sending the data to EDDB if you didn't deactivated the option (Online tab of the Options panel).
So the connect button only downloads the currently-docked-at port? Not any nearby ones? Is there any way to change where sphere of data TCE uses is in the galaxy without restarting TCE and using the launcher?

The Auto-Destination guides you from the market you are to the next most profitable market in Trade Range for a specific commodity (see the Trade Advisior at the Trade Overview panel).

When using the EDDB-Relay, create the market database first in a selected sphere, thereafter update the trade stations to receive trading informations about the markets.
If you leave this sphere, you may redo it again, otherwise increase the range of the sphere. Check the 'Include Visited Star Systems' option, so the markets of visited star systems, which lying outside the sphere are not removed.

If you, for example, create a sphere of 1.000 LYs, the number of markets increasing dramatically and the EDDB-Relay requires more time to update. but set your Trade Range to three times your jump range to reduce performance loss.
I think my problem is I'm outside my initial sphere. I initially made a sphere at Wolf 397 with a radius of 30LY. I'm now 60LY away from that. How do I update my sphere?

What is the exact difference between Create Database, Update trade Stations, and Update star systems?

If I hit Create database and turn on include visited star systems, does it purge any data or only add prices from stations I'm now near?

If I hit Update trade stations, does it update my sphere to the new location, or only update the prices on the stations in my old sphere location?

If I hit Update Star systems, what does it do?

The start system was polahukuna and the end system was colonia but it also happened with tir as end system didn't try any more
Thanks, can you please send me your database files via the bug report function at the Launcher? I have to check one thing. Thanks.

Ok the cartography panel only looks at fully surface scanned planets? I don't bother to surface scan most planets, but I do use the full system scan in every system. LHS 1963 didn't seem to show up in Cartography even after I visited it and used the FSS.
A basic or detailed discovery scan of a star, planet or moon is required or scanning a navigation beacon.

I have no problem with the data being 12 hours old, but it didn't seem to exist at all. LHS 1963 is near Sol so I'd expect there should have been older data in the nightly dump file. TCE didn't show that either of the ports in LHS 1963 existed at all before I entered that system. Once I did enter that system, and used the FSS and landed on one of the 2 ports, the one I landed on showed up, but the other one didn't.

So the connect button only downloads the currently-docked-at port? Not any nearby ones? Is there any way to change where sphere of data TCE uses is in the galaxy without restarting TCE and using the launcher?
No, as you can see, the progress requires alot of memory and CPU power, which would bring the game and TCE into trouble. That's why it should be done before launching TCE and the game.
I think my problem is I'm outside my initial sphere. I initially made a sphere at Wolf 397 with a radius of 30LY. I'm now 60LY away from that. How do I update my sphere?
Yes, that could be the problem.
What is the exact difference between Create Database, Update trade Stations, and Update star systems?
The Create Database button filling your registered market database from the selected sphere of star's.
The Update Trade Markets button filling your commodity prices and outfitting database and all registered markets got updated with data (economy, type etc.).
The Update Star System button updating your star system database with security, faction, state etc.
If I hit Create database and turn on include visited star systems, does it purge any data or only add prices from stations I'm now near?
Purges, as the notice said right before.
If I hit Update trade stations, does it update my sphere to the new location, or only update the prices on the stations in my old sphere location?
The second. Only stations which are in your database.
As said above.

FYI, some of the questions you are asking are covered in the wiki for the TCE Launcher (Extensions section).

Maybe you are outside the trade sphere you created. In that case you need to re-center the sphere to where you are and CREATE DATABASE in Extensions (note wiki comment above). The current system should be correct if you are in game (it updates to your current position), or you can force the position using the Navigation panel (I think). If you select a market there is an icon with a circle and down arrow. Clicking this "should" set that. @eventure would it be possible to make the center market a text entry field, so that the user can type in a new center market?

If that is working, when you accept the mission, It will become the auto target (if you set it up in the auto destinations options). You can then click on TRADE at see what the most profitable items are to that destination. I faced the same questions you did a while back. There are so many options and things you can do with TCE it is not always clear when it does not work the way you think it should. I would like to add more gameplay oriented items to the wiki in the future, like "Using TCE for Supply missions".

Last edited:
FYI, some of the questions you are asking are covered in the wiki for the TCE Launcher (Extensions section).

Maybe you are outside the trade sphere you created. In that case you need to re-center the sphere to where you are and CREATE DATABASE in Extensions (note wiki comment above). The current system should be correct if you are in game (it updates to your current position), or you can force the position using the Navigation panel (I think). If you select a market there is an icon with a circle and down arrow. Clicking this "should" set that. @eventure would it be possible to make the center market a text entry field, so that the user can type in a new center market?

If that is working, when you accept the mission, It will become the auto target (if you set it up in the auto destinations options). You can then click on TRADE at see what the most profitable items are to that destination. I faced the same questions you did a while back. There are so many options and things you can do with TCE it is not always clear when it does not work the way you think it should. I would like to add more gameplay oriented items to the wiki in the future, like "Using TCE for Supply missions".
To make it clear, the Region Center is a star system and the summary gives you an overview, what space stations and planetary ports surrounding you.
It's not the center of the created sphere from the EDDB-Relay, nor can you shift the sphere center while TCE is running. A new center can only be created at the Launcher at the moment.

Here are some CPU and RAM (total) requirements for different tasks (my 4-core CPU with HT is a 4790k-4 GHz, 16 GB RAM DDR3-2400):
  • Starting the Launcher only: 200 MB
  • Creating a Market Database (100 LY, 10.000 LS): 300 MB, about 20% CPU usage.
  • Updating Trade Station with EDDB-Relay: 2.200 MB, 20% CPU usage most the time, some spikes between 30% and 60%.
  • Running TCE with a Trade Range of 100 LY: 750 MB, 5% CPU usage.

TCE is using multi-core processing (8 threads actually) to reduce the time of calculation when creating a database or updating the stations.
When TCE is running, it uses only 4 threads to process a standard star system change (FSD jump).
Elite Dangerous is using all cores at the same time, but only 30% - 70% here, depending on the situation.

So all depending on the CPU and RAM in case of the performance of TCE and when it begins to reduce the performance of ED while running.
The Trade Range is the limiter for TCE, so a small Trade Range (my suggestion is 3x jump range) will boost the performance of TCE.
If you have a better CPU, then you can increase the range above 100 LY's without a problem.

Making an update of the sphere (new center and trade station data) on the fly takes some time, because I can use only a few threads in the back.
I have to test some scenario's on how long it takes in the end and how ED preforms at the same time without limits. :unsure:

Last edited:
To make it clear, the Region Center is a star system and the summary gives you an overview, what space stations and planetary ports surrounding you.

It's not the center of the created sphere from the EDDB-Relay, nor can you shift the sphere center while TCE is running. A new center can only be created at the Launcher at the moment.

Here are some CPU and RAM (total) requirements for different tasks (my 4-core CPU with HT is a 4790k-4 GHz, 16 GB RAM DDR3-2400):
  • Updating Trade Station with EDDB-Relay: 2.200 MB, 20% CPU usage most the time, some spikes between 30% and 60%.

TCE is using multi-core processing (8 threads actually) to reduce the time of calculation when creating a database or updating the stations.
When TCE is running, it uses only 4 threads to process a standard star system change (FSD jump).
Elite Dangerous is using all cores at the same time, but only 30% - 70% here, depending on the situation.

So all depending on the CPU and RAM in case of the performance of TCE and when it begins to reduce the performance of ED while running.
The Trade Range is the limiter for TCE, so a small Trade Range (my suggestion is 3x jump range) will boost the performance of TCE.
If you have a better CPU, then you can increase the range above 100 LY's without a problem.

Making an update of the sphere (new center and trade station data) on the fly takes some time, because I can use only a few threads in the back.
I have to test some scenario's on how long it takes in the end and how ED preforms at the same time without limits. :unsure:

Got it. Was not clear what it was doing. I somehow assumed that it set the center location for the next time you started the program, you could then create a new database from that point. Otherwise there is no way to create a market that is not centered where you are.
It may seems strange why you would want to do that. From what I recall, it is usually when I start Elite knowing that I want to go somewhere (for example visit an engineer, or faction wants missions run out of a system), so I know the current database does not have the markets close to the goal but I can't change the center until I go there, so I have to run TCE, travel to the destination, shutdown TCE, start TCE and create a fresh DB. I know, hard times!

Yes, you cannot rebuild the database on the fly, would take far too long. Some things I have been thinking about, so I am just going to throw them out there:
1. Have a button above the EXIT in TCE called LAUNCHER. Clicking will close the main TCE GUI and show the launcher. The center star system will be the current system.
2. As all the launcher update buttons (trade, star, faction) take time to process, would it make more sense for them to be check boxes with a single UPDATE SELECTED option? What would be fantastic would be an automatic prompt to update on start. Mock-up below. Selections would be stored, so you have the choice of updating manually, or automatically at start.

2021-01-11_21-12-46.png

3. Something else that would be useful as a complete rebuild on the fly is not possible, is the ability to add single market in-game. The data files are already downloaded from EDDB from the last update. So for example, If I am visiting an engineer and I have plotted the route, I could add those markets on route, even though they are outside the current sphere.

Side topic, I saw your update to the wiki on the Spansh neutron plotter import. Looking forward to that. I had been working on something similar for the Spansh Road to Riches. I have started editing the Spansh Router plugin for EDMC so that it can read the R2R file from Spansh and generate a TCE exploration file you can import to TCE. I could have written in C#, but that is more work to distribute. I also wanted to learn some Python. The plugin actually does basic route plotting as well, but I prefer TCE for that. What is cool though is that the plugin tells you what bodies to scan when you arrive at the system, the bodies are based on the filters you used to create the route on Spansh. This is what it looks like at the moment. Pretty rough, this is the first time I have messed with Python. This would be a helpful side tool for TCE as everyone has to have EDMC anyway. Of course, if it became a feature of TCE...

2021-01-11_21-47-23.png

For a live updating database I'd want a sphere only 1x jump range and only 5,000LS or less from the primary star, (both numbers configurable to be larger for those with extremely high end systems) but constantly updating every time you jump. Ideally in addition I'd like data for any systems on my currently plotted route even if they are more than one jump away, (again optional depending on CPU power, maybe only include final destination to further reduce required data.) That should limit the required data to a reasonable level.

You'd always have the processing time from the start of a jump till arrival in the new system, and most of the time you'd also have processing time while the player travels from the entry-star to the port they chose before their jump so it should have enough time to parse the data. The system you jumped to, (and a lot, but not all of it's neighbors) would still be in the previous sphere's data so you wouldn't have any time without data available. Once the new data is parsed, the current database is swapped out for the new one. You could also keep a bunch of the old data when re-calculating as anything near both start and end systems would remain unchanged.

Unfortunately this live-updating system would probably require a ton of updating to the code to accomplish.

Top Bottom