Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Hello,
Had an issue with the EDDB relay, something about a value too high. I had this under 1.8.4.0 but waited for the latest release in case it was fixed in the last couple, or this one.

All info is here:

Thanks
Thank you for the report. Found the issue, bypass it by starting the EDDB-Relay service at the Options panel. A fix will be released with the next update.
To be clear, for the influence, is that the influence to be gained from the mission?
Yes, so it is.

How are the translations coming along? Are they already done and i just dont know how to install them? :D
edit: Yep, im just an idiot and blind xD Forget about it

Anyway - awesome tool! Thank you for your hard work! Stay healthy!

edit:
Oh, i get an Error when verifing my database. Everything else is green, but the tce_stars.db shows red error. How can i fix that? I will try the repair button but 91k systems may take a while ;) I used the relay and then i got the red error when verifying the database.

Last edited:
Oh, i get an Error when verifing my database. Everything else is green, but the tce_stars.db shows red error. How can i fix that? I will try the repair button but 91k systems may take a while ;) I used the relay and then i got the red error when verifying the database.
It would be worth sending a bug report from the launcher before repairing incase the cause can be identified.

Yea, i did that today :)

I like the tool but it needs a lot of Ram. Can i somehow reduce that with some settings? Lowest i got was 3gb of Memory usage with a very small trading range like recommended in the FAQ.

Yea, i did that today :)

I like the tool but it needs a lot of Ram. Can i somehow reduce that with some settings? Lowest i got was 3gb of Memory usage with a very small trading range like recommended in the FAQ.
Got your report.
To reduce memory usage, deactivate the EDDB-Relay automatic update service and do it manually at the Launcher once a day with a higher range of stations.

Thank you, i will try that!

And sorry for the kinda useless report. Its hard to describe and to replicate so i hope at least the reportfiles help a bit.

Feature request: On the personal panel > hangar, is it possible to add a navigation button in side the box for each ship so that you can set the navigation. Have like 7 ships scattered around the bubble. Example:

2021-03-12_20-57-42.png

Version [1.8.4.5] released
Changelog:
  • Added the possibility to add or change the star system notes at the New Summary panel.
  • Added a 'Set Destination' button when hovering above a ship image to the Hanger tab of the Personal panel.
  • Fixed an error when processing newly added stations of the EDDB-Relay at the Launcher.
  • Fixed a rare error creating the visited star system cache on the shutdown event.
  • Fixed a critical issue with the addition of unknown star systems through EDDB-Relay resulting sometimes in doubled entries. Please verify your Star System database and repair it, if an error was detected.
  • Fixed an issue when changing a station type at the Database panel and the Summary panel wasn't updated after saving the changes at the Database panel.
  • Fixed an issue when manually hiding the UI and an interdiction happened, the UI becomes automatically visible again on entering supercruise.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who want's to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commoditiesat OneSky. Thanks in advance.

First of, thanks very much for the great tool. It is an awesome addition to the game.
I've have an issue that the "Route Finder" ignores the landing pad size. It offers trade routes where the destination is medium when the filter is set to only large as well as the setting in the options. i.e. it offers "Bernard City (KACHIAN)" which has a medium pad.
After searching this thread it seems this issue/suggestion has been reported in 2016 (reply was "Will add it to the next patch, which is released very soon!") and a few more times after that (with the same promising reply). I hope you'll get around to it soon.

Last edited:
First of, thanks very much for the great tool. It is an awesome addition to the game.
I've have an issue that the "Route Finder" ignores the landing pad size. It offers trade routes where the destination is medium when the filter is set to only large as well as the setting in the options. i.e. it offers "Bernard City (KACHIAN)" which has a medium pad.
After searching this thread it seems this issue/suggestion has been reported in 2016 (reply was "Will add it to the next patch, which is released very soon!") and a few more times after that (with the same promising reply). I hope you'll get around to it soon.
I can't recreate the issue, the Route Finder working properly here.

The filter settings at the Options panel do not affect the Route Finder. There are seperate filter options at the Route Finder.
Otherwise, why do not send me a bug report, so I can check your databases... ;)

Its awesome how fast you push out fixes! :D

Can you maybe try to optimize the tool a bit on the Memory side? I dont complain, but i see that it uses a lot of Memory (depending on the settings) and thats not so good.

Its awesome how fast you push out fixes! :D

Can you maybe try to optimize the tool a bit on the Memory side? I dont complain, but i see that it uses a lot of Memory (depending on the settings) and thats not so good.
Will do, but TCE has not a hardcoded limit for it's settings. The Trade Range is a soft cap, which limiting memory usage.
In most cases, a Trade Range above 100 LY isn't necessary and can reduce memory consumption.

The usage of EDDB-Relay cost alot of memory, correct! But I will counter it by cleaning all variables after the processing is done.
Therefore, if the service is started or updating again, it will require more time to finish, because the base data from the EDDB files have to be processed again.

Using Main UI/Trade/"best buy", it's listing markets with "0" stock (sort by distance). I can send the 7z, but I think it's been doing that for a while.

IDK if it is the right place for a feature request, but there is a feature I would LOVE to get (if it is doable).

I have been doing a lot of Massacre Mission Stacking.
Basically, I go to 2-3 System where multiple factions ask to kill the same Pirates.

Exemple:
  1. Station A:
    1. Faction A:
      1. Mission 1: Kill 10 pirates
      2. Mission 2: Kill 25 pirates
    2. Faction B:
      1. Mission 3: Kill 40 pirates
    3. Faction C:
      1. Mission 4: Kill 12 pirates
      2. Mission 5: Kill 35 pirates
and etc.

As you see, station A, Faction A, want a total of 35 pirates, and Faction B, a total of 40 Pirates, and Faction C, a total of 47 pirates.

Since they all ask for the same pirates, when I kill 1 pirates, each faction receive 1 kill, so after 40 kills, All mission for Faction A and B are done, and when I get to 47 kills, the full stack is finish, and I am ready to go back to the station, finish all 5 missions, collect new mission, and go back to War.

Problem is, I have to go back and forth and every missions to see how many pirate Kills I've done since the begeninng of the stack, and how much kills left (I do know because I keep a spreadsheet to track, but I don't know how much I already killed).

Is there something you can do? Count the number of target I killed (Wanted, Mission target), and maybe with a reset button? Or completely analysing the stack and showing the number of kill done on the number of kills accepted?

Also, second ask, when I go on a station to share and finish the mission, I have to scroll thru the transactions one by one to find the one from that specific station, and then share, wait for my friends to accept, and finish it. Is there a way to have the list of mission I have on that specific station? so I don't have to scroll all the way?

Thanks =-)

You can send me a DM if it is easier

Using Main UI/Trade/"best buy", it's listing markets with "0" stock (sort by distance). I can send the 7z, but I think it's been doing that for a while.

I can't recreate the issue, so I guess I require your files for analysis purposes.

IDK if it is the right place for a feature request, but there is a feature I would LOVE to get (if it is doable).

I have been doing a lot of Massacre Mission Stacking.
Basically, I go to 2-3 System where multiple factions ask to kill the same Pirates.

Exemple:
  1. Station A:
    1. Faction A:
      1. Mission 1: Kill 10 pirates
      2. Mission 2: Kill 25 pirates
    2. Faction B:
      1. Mission 3: Kill 40 pirates
    3. Faction C:
      1. Mission 4: Kill 12 pirates
      2. Mission 5: Kill 35 pirates
and etc.

As you see, station A, Faction A, want a total of 35 pirates, and Faction B, a total of 40 Pirates, and Faction C, a total of 47 pirates.

Since they all ask for the same pirates, when I kill 1 pirates, each faction receive 1 kill, so after 40 kills, All mission for Faction A and B are done, and when I get to 47 kills, the full stack is finish, and I am ready to go back to the station, finish all 5 missions, collect new mission, and go back to War.

Problem is, I have to go back and forth and every missions to see how many pirate Kills I've done since the begeninng of the stack, and how much kills left (I do know because I keep a spreadsheet to track, but I don't know how much I already killed).

Is there something you can do? Count the number of target I killed (Wanted, Mission target), and maybe with a reset button? Or completely analysing the stack and showing the number of kill done on the number of kills accepted?

Also, second ask, when I go on a station to share and finish the mission, I have to scroll thru the transactions one by one to find the one from that specific station, and then share, wait for my friends to accept, and finish it. Is there a way to have the list of mission I have on that specific station? so I don't have to scroll all the way?

Thanks =-)

You can send me a DM if it is easier

Only the 'Bounty' event showing up kills, assigned to a faction. Maybe it is possible to bind them together, but before I have a clear answer for you, I require a journal log for a session, where you have chased those missions. Send it via the 'Report a Bug' button to me, so I can check it, if your request can be achieved.
Instead of using a seperate spreadsheet, you can use the Personal Note section to protocol you advances, but it is only my suggestion.

On your second ask, you can sort the missions at the Mission panel by location to have a clue, which missions can be completed, if I understand you correctly.

Last edited:
Feature request: Is it possible to add Interstellar Factors into the Navigation Panel > Market Places > Trade Market Filter > Location Services dropdown? I did not see it located anywhere else.

Feature request: Is it possible to add Interstellar Factors into the Navigation Panel > Market Places > Trade Market Filter > Location Services dropdown? I did not see it located anywhere else.
It's already in and is called Broker Network. It will be included into the EDDB-Relay update with the next release.

Version [1.8.4.6] released
Changelog:
  • Added some useful tooltips for the efficiency rating, discount, profit and the commodity to the station list of the Route Planner panel.
  • Added some optimizations in case of memory usage, especially for EDDB-Relay processes.
  • Added Material Trader, Tech Trader and Broker services to the EDDB-Relay update.
  • Hiding the Trade Range button at the Navigation panel, if the EDDB-Relay service was activated.
  • Fixed the EDDB-Relay update routine for trade stations, that a former bug, which wrongly changed a station to a carrier type, become again a type update.
  • Fixed an issue in suppressing Event Reporter messages containing the same content as the last message while scanning a star system.
  • Fixed an error when scrolling through the available station list at the Route Planner panel.
  • Fixed a display issue of the EDDB-Relay status, if the service was stopped.
  • Fixed a rare error when stopping a trade route at the Route Finder panel.
  • Fixed an issue when receiving price data through EDMC, where buy and sell prices become inverted.
  • Fixed an issue at adding a number of visits of the current star system, if the star system wasn't visited before.
  • Fixed an issue with the displayed faction state of a station showing unknown instead of normal.
  • Fixed a rare error on startup when checking the last logbook entry.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who want's to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commoditiesat OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Just installed this. Malwarebytes sez:
Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 3/22/21
Protection Event Time: 7:01 PM
Log File: 133df1ca-8b84-11eb-a3fd-e0d55e2911be.json

-Software Information-
Version: 4.3.0.98
Components Version: 1.0.1173
Update Package Version: 1.0.38551
License: Premium