Category: Phishing
Domain: tce.4lima.de
IP Address: 91.216.248.20
Port: 80
Type: Outbound
File: E:\TCE\Trade Computer Extension MK.II.exe

(end)

Uninstalling...
False positive, if you know what that means. If you had spent a second thinking or searching the thread, you get multiple answers to that issue.
But hey trolling is so easy these days....:rolleyes:

Having managed the validation of an Anti-Virus product I do know what that means. If you weren't so defensive you might have just answered the question. Chill Out.
But hey trolling is so easy these days... and I've worked with enough programmers to know how defensive they get.

Searching found ONE other comment about this issue, not multiple. Nothing in your Wiki. You might consider adding that.

Trust, but verify.
You know you can request an exception from Malwarebytes. That is, unless tce.4lima.de is actually a phishing site.

Having managed the validation of an Anti-Virus product I do know what that means. If you weren't so defensive you might have just answered the question. Chill Out.
But hey trolling is so easy these days... and I've worked with enough programmers to know how defensive they get.

Searching found ONE other comment about this issue, not multiple. Nothing in your Wiki. You might consider adding that.

Trust, but verify.
You know you can request an exception from Malwarebytes. That is, unless tce.4lima.de is actually a phishing site.
I found multiple:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/trade-computer-extension-mk-ii.223056/post-8549271
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/trade-computer-extension-mk-ii.223056/post-8961202
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/trade-computer-extension-mk-ii.223056/post-5340724

If you weren't so defensive you might have just answered the question.
What question? You didn't ask any question. Only... I said it before.

The question is implied: Is this site safe?
BTW I checked with Malwarebytes and here's the answer:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This site is being reported as a Phishing site.
The programmer using this site says it's a false positive.
How do I verify this?
Hello, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've reviewed the site again and have determined it no longer warrants being blocked so we've removed it from our database.

Removal should be reflected in the next database update going out in a few hours or so.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And... you're welcome. Something you could have done yourself and saved a lot of headache instead of throwing vitriol.

Try to calm down. Maybe get another person to answer questions here, since you have no patience.

Last edited:
The question is implied: Is this site safe?
BTW I checked with Malwarebytes and here's the answer:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've reviewed the site again and have determined it no longer warrants being blocked so we've removed it from our database.

Removal should be reflected in the next database update going out in a few hours or so.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And... you're welcome. Something you could have done yourself and saved a lot of headache instead of throwing vitriol.

Try to calm down. Maybe get another person to answer questions here, since you have no patience.
Okay my friend, let's try amother start.

Welcome to TCE!
This 3rd party project is now alive for more than 6 years and developing continuously.
My server (tce.4lima.de) is required for update checks, receiving update files through the launcher and it's the home of the EDDB Relay files.

Thanks for reviewing this with your AV provider and he admited, that blocking my page was a mistake.
This could have happened before your problem was posted, but you blamed my project as a phishing project from my point of view.

Maybe I have misunderstood your post as "blaming" or "trolling", instead of a "call for help", but your "Uninstalling..." comment suggested to me,
that you wasn't interested to start a conversation. If it was so, then my friend, it was my mistake.

You almost had it there. I pointed out that there was an issue. The thought that I was faulting your product is what started this. False positive or not, until resolved, uninstalling is the best solution. Not an attack.
I’m glad the problem is solved for your server. I can’t use your program due to video issues when I run it with ED. I DO NOT FAULT YOUR PROGRAM FOR THIS. I load four apps before launching ED that could easily cause the issue.
Over & Out.

Version [1.8.4.7] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed an error when scanning unprocessed journal files at the Launcher.
  • Fixed an issue showing stations with a stock level of zero at the 'Best Buy' search function of the Trade Overwiew panel.
  • Fixed another rare error on adding a logbook entry while launching TCE.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who want's to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commoditiesat OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone! Here I am having a problem and I do not understand, TCE MKII closes automatically without error message as soon as I enter the market via the elite dangerous menu with the eddb relay activated at 25-50Ly. so i erased and reinstalled TCE (normal, administrator, high priority), no errors in the logs but nothing helps. However, if I turn off the Relay EDDB, TCE works fine. Anyone have a solution?

Bug Report:

1617308837782.png

Hello everyone! Here I am having a problem and I do not understand, TCE MKII closes automatically without error message as soon as I enter the market via the elite dangerous menu with the eddb relay activated at 25-50Ly. so i erased and reinstalled TCE (normal, administrator, high priority), no errors in the logs but nothing helps. However, if I turn off the Relay EDDB, TCE works fine. Anyone have a solution?
It seems to be an security issue, please check your AV app, if TCE has an exception.
Where did you installed TCE, possibly at your system drive? Install it to a non-system drive.
What AV app you are using?

I need your files, please send them via the 'Report a Bug' button.
Thanks.

It seems to be an security issue, please check your AV app, if TCE has an exception.
Where did you installed TCE, possibly at your system drive? Install it to a non-system drive.
Thank you eventure for your answer, for the AV I work with bitdefender and everything has always gone well with TCE, authorization of TCE and edmc programs are automatically taken care of and accepted in the firewall. For HDDs I tried on system and secondary SSD, but I always get the same results: TCE quits a few seconds after entering the station market. On the other hand, if I use TCE without the EDDB relay, TCE works fine. On the other hand my cpu is a 4 cores and 4 threads, could that explain the problem?
Note: that if I restart TCE with EDDB Relay activated, the EDDB relay has done the updates. (until the next opening of the elite dangerous market menu)

I have had this problem also.
TCE will usually stop closing after I have started it 2 or 3 times.
I'm only using the AV and firewall in Windows 10.
The CPU cannot be the cause of TCE closing. I have an AMD 12 core, 24 threads.
Have not added any new software or changed drives since this started happening two or three weeks ago.
As nobody else reported it I just thought it was my problem, so I did not report it.

Thank you eventure for your answer, for the AV I work with bitdefender and everything has always gone well with TCE, authorization of TCE and edmc programs are automatically taken care of and accepted in the firewall. For HDDs I tried on system and secondary SSD, but I always get the same results: TCE quits a few seconds after entering the station market. On the other hand, if I use TCE without the EDDB relay, TCE works fine. On the other hand my cpu is a 4 cores and 4 threads, could that explain the problem?
Note: that if I restart TCE with EDDB Relay activated, the EDDB relay has done the updates. (until the next opening of the elite dangerous market menu)

I have had this problem also.
TCE will usually stop closing after I have started it 2 or 3 times.
I'm only using the AV and firewall in Windows 10.
The CPU cannot be the cause of TCE closing. I have an AMD 12 core, 24 threads.
Have not added any new software or changed drives since this started happening two or three weeks ago.
As nobody else reported it I just thought it was my problem, so I did not report it.
Thanks for your reports, another guess could be the memory requirements for EDDB-Relay.
Please try to only update your databases via the launcher, as before EDDB-Relay got an auto-update function.
I will remove that option with the next patch until I find the answer to the problem.

Thanks for your reports, another guess could be the memory requirements for EDDB-Relay.
Please try to only update your databases via the launcher, as before EDDB-Relay got an auto-update function.
I will remove that option with the next patch until I find the answer to the problem.
Otherwise I also shoot with an AMD but much older, an old 860k. I shoot with TCE in French. If the AMD cpu is not involved, and it works for everyone, I don't see why TCE is closing. however i will try it in english to see if it works better. Otherwise Eventure does not downgrade your program just for 2 cases of errors it would be a shame because it is doing its job. Nevertheless I think that MrJohnDC and I even have one thing in common and for the moment it is the AMD. Additional info about me: I run in windows 10 64 v2004 (not 20H2) cpu 860k at 3.9Mhz 16g. And I have voiceattack in parallel and elite dangerous works with Reshade 4.7.0.846.

I need your files, please send them via the 'Report a Bug' button.
Thanks.
Followed instructions and emailed to you

hello, I have just made several tests and I have just partially found where my problem comes from.

Here is the bad scenario which closes my TCE with the EDDB relay:
1) Activation of the EDDB relay + Import all Cartography Data.
2) Verification of the validated database.
3) Launch
4) Launch ED
Result: direct closure upon entering the market menu in Elite Dangerous.

Now the good scenario (I was able to do 3 sessions of Elite Dangerous without any problem):
1) Verification of the validated database.
2) Activation of the EDDB relay + Import all Cartography Data.
3) Launch
4) Launch ED

Partial conclusion: this is what I noticed is that when I check my Cartography data I get 167, but when I import them via the Cartography import menu which is in the EDDB window I get 1686 in the database. And if I double-check it it automatically goes back to 167. And there it is the tragedy! so I think I must have a problem with my Cartography log and I must absolutely check before the database and start the import of the Cartography data after in order to leave the 1686 data intact. and it works.
So it's clearly a log problem. The real questions are why I don't have an error message before switching off the TCE? And also why when I repair it does it give me 167 if it is 1686 the correct one?
And above all, what is the relationship between EDDB (location stations commodities prices) and Cartography data ???

Last edited:
hello, I have just made several tests and I have just partially found where my problem comes from.

Here is the bad scenario which closes my TCE with the EDDB relay:
1) Activation of the EDDB relay + Import all Cartography Data.
2) Verification of the validated database.
3) Launch
4) Launch ED
Result: direct closure upon entering the market menu in Elite Dangerous.

Now the good scenario (I was able to do 3 sessions of Elite Dangerous without any problem):
1) Verification of the validated database.
2) Activation of the EDDB relay + Import all Cartography Data.
3) Launch
4) Launch ED

Partial conclusion: this is what I noticed is that when I check my Cartography data I get 167, but when I import them via the Cartography import menu which is in the EDDB window I get 1686 in the database. And if I double-check it it automatically goes back to 167. And there it is the tragedy! so I think I must have a problem with my Cartography log and I must absolutely check before the database and start the import of the Cartography data after in order to leave the 1686 data intact. and it works.
So it's clearly a log problem. The real questions are why I don't have an error message before switching off the TCE? And also why when I repair it does it give me 167 if it is 1686 the correct one?
And above all, what is the relationship between EDDB (location stations commodities prices) and Cartography data ???
Thanks for your extensive testing...

The good news is, that i could now recreate the crash. It had to do with an access violation of the Clipboard function of windows, which can explain these hard crashes.

I fixed the problem for now, so TCE working properly after accessing the commodity menu of the game. But to make sure, that the problem is gone, I want to start a closed beta for this issue and everyone, who wants to participate, please send me a mail. You will get a link to download the beta version.

Thanks in advance!

I don't remember how this works...I thought when I plot a course with the Gal map to a station, TCE picks up on that and sets the destination within TCE (the star system does show up in the destination box of the main UI). But, when I click on "Trade" in the Main UI, it hasn't selected the destination, and I have to goto the Navigation screen and manually find/plot the starport.

Is that how it always worked? I thought it already had it, so when I clicked on "Trade", it already had the market there. Am I on crack?

Top Bottom