Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

I don't remember how this works...I thought when I plot a course with the Gal map to a station, TCE picks up on that and sets the destination within TCE (the star system does show up in the destination box of the main UI). But, when I click on "Trade" in the Main UI, it hasn't selected the destination, and I have to goto the Navigation screen and manually find/plot the starport.

Is that how it always worked? I thought it already had it, so when I clicked on "Trade", it already had the market there. Am I on crack?
When plotting a route in game, ED reports only the star systems on route at the NavRoute.json file and sadly not the star port, you are heading.
Frontier has done a step into the right way, but only a half. Let's hope the selected destination station is reported too in future.

Last edited:
Version [1.8.4.8] released
Changelog:
  • Added the events 'Market', 'Outfitting' and 'Shipyard' to the event monitor and removed the tracker system for the exported files of ED.
  • Added a major code optimization for the destination selection.
  • Added an error log to a few code routines, exported automatically to the new \LOGS folder. I will add more routines to have an error log by time.
  • Added the \LOGS folder to the ErrorReportFiles.7z, created by using the 'Report a Bug' buttons.
  • Added a database check, if the files are compatible with the actual version of TCE.
  • Added an on/off switch for the EDMC service, if there is any unsolveable trouble with it.
  • Added a Log section to activate an Event or EDDB-Relay log to the System tab of the Options panel.
  • Fixed a critical bug at the Clipboard function which causes sometimes an unexpected crash of TCE.
  • Fixed a display issue for the displayed commodity and profit at the Position display when manually selecting a destination station.
  • Fixed the display animations of messages at the Event Reporter and updated the appearence slightly.
  • Fixed a display issue for the number of database entries after verifying a database at the Launcher.
  • Fixed an issue with the deselection of databases prior a verification scan at the Launcher.
  • Fixed a display issue when no auto-destination station was available at the Destination display.
  • Fixed an issue with the display of a recommended commodity to trade at stations without an economy at the Position display.
  • Fixed an issue with the login showing sometimes a message that TCE was blocked at the Login screen of TCE.
  • Fixed some issues with the text-to-speech function of TCE.
  • Changed the incl. CPU benchmark to better reflect the multicore performance of CPU's.
  • Replaced the font color display at some panels to be in line with other panels.
  • Replaced the Last Update and Pad Size icon for trade stations to a better one.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

Thanks to all participators of the beta phase and their feedback!

I like to remind any user, who want's to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commoditiesat OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Version 1848...clicking on Destination in main UI, then a starport, then "route button" for that station does nothing (doesn't set as destination, so when clicking on "trade", has that station as destination).

Version 1848...clicking on Destination in main UI, then a starport, then "route button" for that station does nothing (doesn't set as destination, so when clicking on "trade", has that station as destination).
Can't recreate, working here. Anyone else having the issue too?
@ To be clear and referring to your post here, if you select a station as your destination in TCE, it won't show up in ED and vice versa.

Last edited:
Can't recreate, working here. Anyone else having the issue too?
@ To be clear and referring to your post here, if you select a station as your destination in TCE, it won't show up in ED and vice versa.
Right, that is understood, and not the issue here. I uploaded a vid for you, will send you link in PM here.

*Edit: by the way, this was working yesterday before the update 1848.

Last edited:
Version [1.8.4.9] released
Changelog:
  • Added the CarrierID to the player.data file, so an own created picture of a carrier is reliable displayed and not after opening the carrier menu in game.
  • Added another performance increase to the EDDB-Replay service.
  • Added an EDDB-Relay 'Cache Buffering' option which prevents the clearing of cache data from memory. Faster updates in game but more memory usage.
  • Added an EDDB-Relay 'Dynamic CPU core usage' option where the number of CPU cores used for an auto-update depending upon the overall CPU load. Better performance of other applications running but partially slower updates.
  • Reworked the planetary locations position storage system at the Location and Registered Market database. Now it's stored the latitude and longitude of a location, instead of the relative X,Y,Z coordinates. Actual stored position data are invalid and have to updated by visiting.
  • Added some missing french translation phrases to the language database.
  • Reworked the journal identification routine to efficiently find the most recent file for processing.
  • Fixed an issue with the Take Picture function at the Carrier tab of the Personal panel.
  • Fixed an issue with the Auto-Destination mode when deactivated and selecting a manual destination.
  • Fixed the partially sluggish open and close animations of the Event Reporter, Waypoints, Cargo and Summary panels and decouple them from the UI.
  • Fixed a display issue with the support panels (Cargo, Summary and Waypoints) when dragging and overlapping with other support panels.
  • Fixed a memory leak after processing a manual update of EDDB-Relay at the Launcher.
  • Fixed an error when selecting multiple security states at the Auto-Destination tab of the Options panel.
  • Fixed an issue when undocking from a planetary location, where sometimes the planetary tracking system (Minimap) wasn't properly activated and the Position display become stucked.
  • Fixed a rare issue with the Minimap panel not closing when leaving a planet.
  • Fixed a stucked issue when starting the EDDB-Relay service manually a second time at the Options panel.
  • Replaced the filter buttons icons with better ones at the old Summary panel.
  • Updated the EDDB reference database to increase the update performance of EDDB-Relay.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

Thanks to all participators of the closed beta phase and their feedback!

I like to remind any user, who want's to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commoditiesat OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi, can the program be configured to search ONLY by the market for a certain fraction? Or the faction panel and the trade route search panel are not connected in any way? I would like to trade on the markets of a faction, support it, and not only monitor changes in influence in and systems, is this possible in TCE?

Hi, can the program be configured to search ONLY by the market for a certain fraction? Or the faction panel and the trade route search panel are not connected in any way? I would like to trade on the markets of a faction, support it, and not only monitor changes in influence in and systems, is this possible in TCE?
Yes, if you want to trade with one or more tracked factions, you can activate the Auto-Destination option for faction markets only at the Options panel.
At the Navigation panel > Trade Markets, there is also a filter option, where you can enter a faction.
The Route Finder panel hasn't a faction filter option yet.

Hi Eventure,
I have a problem with the main panel at the top edge. There seems to be no way to have it centered there. I t is always off to the right and disturbing.
Please see picture below.
Screenshot 2021-04-29 153210.png

The settings panel is centered. TCE version 1.8.4.9

Thanks

Hi Eventure,
I have a problem with the main panel at the top edge. There seems to be no way to have it centered there. I t is always off to the right and disturbing.
Please see picture below.
View attachment 223964

The settings panel is centered. TCE version 1.8.4.9

Thanks
Hi Homunk,

you can move the main UI to a position you like, when selecting 'Panel' after opening the Control menu (first icon). There appears a Main UI area at the center of the UI. Move the UI by Drag&Drop onto the area to the top-center of your screen, but not partial out-of-screen, because TCE correcting the position to be in-screen and centered.

If you have trouble with that method, activate the Free Panel Placement option at the Options panel (Panel Configuration tab). Then TCE won't center the panel anymore but it returns in-screen when placed off-screen.

Last edited:
Version [1.8.5.0] released
Changelog:
  • Added new events for the Odyssey expansion to the event monitor.
  • Added two new credit expanses categories to the Credit Balance tab of the Personal panel.
  • Upgraded the History database to add the two new credit expanses categories.
  • Reworked the NetLog identification routine to efficiently find the most recent file for processing.
  • Fixed an issue with some selectable options at the Auto-Destination tab, where the selected items become inverted on reload.
  • Fixed an issue when trying to open the panel selection menu for moving a panel by editing the X/Y-coordinate values at the Options panel.
  • Fixed an display issue when jumping to another star system the jump animation was fired to soon at the large Position display of the icon-based UI.
  • Fixed some smaller issues with the proper credits counting in some events.

Notes:

Hi Eventure,

I have just installed the latest version and I get an unhandled exception error when I start TCE.

Thereis no option to use the error report as TCE runs if I accept continue.

Here is the exception report.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_StatusTracker.NetLog_ReadFile() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_StatusTracker.vb:line 262
at Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_StatusTracker.NetLog_Start() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_StatusTracker.vb:line 243
at Trade_Computer_Extension.Ablauf_Startprozedur.TCE_Start_Routine() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\Ablauf_Startprozedur.vb:line 535
at Trade_Computer_Extension.TCE_Launcher_UI.BTN_LaunchTCE_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\TCE_Launcher_UI.vb:line 639
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Trade Computer Extension MK.II
Assembly Version: 1.8.5.0
Win32 Version: 1.8.5.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/TCE/Trade%20Computer%20Extension%20MK.II.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.8.4300.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
Win32 Version: 10.0.3.21018
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/TCE/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Runtime.Serialization
Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
Snippets
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.Data.SQLite
Assembly Version: 1.0.106.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.106.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/TCE/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization
Win32 Version: 4.8.4200.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Martin

Hi Eventure,

I have just installed the latest version and I get an unhandled exception error when I start TCE.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_StatusTracker.NetLog_ReadFile() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_StatusTracker.vb:line 262
at Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_StatusTracker.NetLog_Start() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_StatusTracker.vb:line 243
at Trade_Computer_Extension.Ablauf_Startprozedur.TCE_Start_Routine() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\Ablauf_Startprozedur.vb:line 535
at Trade_Computer_Extension.TCE_Launcher_UI.BTN_LaunchTCE_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\TCE_Launcher_UI.vb:line 639
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/TCE/Trade%20Computer%20Extension%20MK.II.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
Snippets
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.Data.SQLite
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Martin
Please send me the ErrorReportFile.7z, thanks.

Hi Eventure,

mscorlib
Microsoft.VisualBasic
System
System.Core
System.Windows.Forms
System.Drawing
System.Configuration
System.Xml
System.Runtime.Remoting
System.Data
System.Numerics
System.Xml.Linq
Newtonsoft.Json
Snippets
System.Data.SQLite
System.Transactions
Accessibility

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Martin
Were you able to fix the problem? I'm having the same JIT debugging problem.

No report yet, please sent the file too. Thanks
@when it happens? Did you have started TCE before ED? If so, start ED first until in game, then TCE. I have a guess.
Okay, I can try loading the game first then TCE. As for the file, do you mean copying the error I get? I'm not sure what file you're referring to as I can't find any error log file.

Top Bottom