Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

I have reviewed multiple selectable commodities in the past when the Planner was introduced, but the most profitable way is to transport only the commodity with the highest profit (as like the Route Finder is doing it).

Since an important feature is being reworked, I wanted to give my thoughts on it, as a BGS player.

While the most profitable path is to simply fill your cargo with the most profitable commodity, based on Goemon's research on trading for influence there is benefit in having more than 1 type of commodity, ideally 4 or 5 for large pads. So it would be very helpful BGS-wise to find routes that have multiple commodities for profitable trade.

A second point of feedback I would like to give, is that trading for a loss is a way to attack a faction. Finding those "loss routes" could be very helpful for BGS players too.

I like how the BGS adds these complexities to trading, but I don't know how complicated it would be to incorporate those changes so I wanted to at least point out why they could be useful for your consideration. Anyway, thank you for your continued support on this amazing ED tool (personally my favorite)!

For #1 and #2 does it make sense to pick a commodity first? In the current program, you don't pick a commodity first, you pick the station first, so you have a list of all stations each of which could have a different commodity with the best profit. By picking the commodity first you filter out all the stations that don't trade well with that commodity, so you have no know the trade profits to pick the right commodity instead of the right commodity being selected by the profit. Same for the end station. If you select a commodity to sell, then somehow you have to pick a station before that sells it. I would highlight the end station in the selectable stations list so that once you get within the trade range of the station, if there is a profitable trade and you see it in the list, you can select it, finishing the chain. Or you can ignore it and keep going if there are further trades. If there is no market at the destination, or no good trade, once you are within the trade range, you can just leave the end destination with no commodity exchange. You will make no profit on the last jump, but will end up at your destination.

For #3, I think my comments above apply and the code you have already actually works just fine. I think that adding stations in the middle is problematic, adding a station in between two stations with high profit is likely to have a low profit. Buying ice from the arctic and selling in the desert is high profit. If you add a middle man in the middle, you won't get a better profit by selling something to the middle man and buying something else from the middle man to sell to the desert.

It would be nice to have the option for no end station if you want to go where the trail leads you, like now.

Markup below, purely personal preference of having the distance/travel data together, the system state info together. Given I am assuming how the code works, feel free to throw suggestion in the trash!

Since an important feature is being reworked, I wanted to give my thoughts on it, as a BGS player.

While the most profitable path is to simply fill your cargo with the most profitable commodity, based on Goemon's research on trading for influence there is benefit in having more than 1 type of commodity, ideally 4 or 5 for large pads. So it would be very helpful BGS-wise to find routes that have multiple commodities for profitable trade.

A second point of feedback I would like to give, is that trading for a loss is a way to attack a faction. Finding those "loss routes" could be very helpful for BGS players too.

I like how the BGS adds these complexities to trading, but I don't know how complicated it would be to incorporate those changes so I wanted to at least point out why they could be useful for your consideration. Anyway, thank you for your continued support on this amazing ED tool (personally my favorite)!
Thank you both for your suggestions, now I will try to find out, how it can be formed together.

@eventure. I noticed you have the travel time in the new route finder. I don't know if that is based on system jumping and supercruise, but got me thinking. Often when trying to decide if the LS trip is too long or not, I think about how long it would take. This is from the fuel rats: Supercruise+Travel+Times. If you calculate, you probably have same/similar/better, but this might be useful to have in the notes section as a reference maybe. This is what I put in as a note. Maybe a REFERENCE button with pre-configured notes?

1623506817549.png

In the NOTES > LOCATIONS panel, clicking SEARCH, the NOTE and EXPLORATION filters allow text entry, but none of the others. Is that by design? Trying to find the locations I added at my current location and it is difficult when not being able to enter the current system name.

Suggestions for mini map navigation that would help driving to locations. As the mini map does not rotate, it can be hard to see whether to turn left or right:

1. Add route indicators to the destination panel if a destination is set ( <<< if more than say 20 Deg off, >>> if more than say 20 Deg off and ^^^ if within the 20 deg).
2. Add a horizontal direction indicator, similar to that in EDO to indicate if destination is left or right.

Attachments

• 2021-06-12_12-45-02.jpg
    2021-06-12_12-45-02.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 76
after turning on the relay service and letting it import the data it always corrupts the locations entry in the database tun on letting it import play turn off verify before the next session always corrupted

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-13 041141.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-06-13 041141.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 63
after turning on the relay service and letting it import the data it always corrupts the locations entry in the database tun on letting it import play turn off verify before the next session always corrupted
I had similar with cartography as well I think. Use the REPORT A BUG button in the launcher to send diagnostic data to help find and fix the issue. I tried REPAIR and for both had to DEFAULT to the default DBs within the DATABASES section of the launcher. Saying that, I just tried and now I have LOCATIONS and EXPLORATIONS errors!

Version [1.8.7.1] released
Changelog:
  • Added new commodities to the Resources database. They need a translation!
  • Fixed a rare error when starting the EDDB-Relay service.
  • Fixed an issue with the verify And repair option for the New Location database.
  • Fixed an error when processing unprocessed journal files when launching TCE.
  • Fixed an error when updating prices through EDDB-Relay.
  • Fixed a possible error when clicking on the 'Send Report' button at the error message box.
  • Fixed an issue when saving a planetary location at the Database panel. Repairing the Location database will fix the issue.
  • Fixed an error with the mouse wheel zoom at the Planetary Map panel.
  • Fixed an issue when deleting a planetary location, other locations become no longer selectable at the Planetary Map panel.
  • Fixed an issue with the repair function of the Cartography database, preventing the replacement of the database and repairing the error instead.
  • Fixed a display issue at the Settings tab of the Launcher.
  • Fixed a rare error when using the Connect button at the main UI.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

Reminder:
If you want to play Odyssey and you played Horizons before (or vice versa), change the game path at the Settings tab at the launcher, because Odyssey and Horizons has it's own game folder.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who want's to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commoditiesat OneSky. Thanks in advance.

@eventure. I noticed you have the travel time in the new route finder. I don't know if that is based on system jumping and supercruise, but got me thinking. Often when trying to decide if the LS trip is too long or not, I think about how long it would take. This is from the fuel rats: Supercruise+Travel+Times. If you calculate, you probably have same/similar/better, but this might be useful to have in the notes section as a reference maybe. This is what I put in as a note. Maybe a REFERENCE button with pre-configured notes?

View attachment 239498
Thanks for the hint!
In the NOTES > LOCATIONS panel, clicking SEARCH, the NOTE and EXPLORATION filters allow text entry, but none of the others. Is that by design? Trying to find the locations I added at my current location and it is difficult when not being able to enter the current system name.
Thats by design, but I can expand the search filter of the star system name for all categories.
Suggestions for mini map navigation that would help driving to locations. As the mini map does not rotate, it can be hard to see whether to turn left or right:

1. Add route indicators to the destination panel if a destination is set ( <<< if more than say 20 Deg off, >>> if more than say 20 Deg off and ^^^ if within the 20 deg).
2. Add a horizontal direction indicator, similar to that in EDO to indicate if destination is left or right.
Yes, this will be added in one of the updates in the future, no ETA yet.

I had similar with cartography as well I think. Use the REPORT A BUG button in the launcher to send diagnostic data to help find and fix the issue. I tried REPAIR and for both had to DEFAULT to the default DBs within the DATABASES section of the launcher. Saying that, I just tried and now I have LOCATIONS and EXPLORATIONS errors!
Fixed it with the update above! Thanks for reporting.

This may seem a silly question for those with more computer know how than me.
Could someone tell me the Elite Dangerous Odyssey default install path on PC?

I have noticed that Missions from on foot mission providers (not the on foot mission board) are not cleared in TCE on completion. 2 instances so far.

I have noticed that Missions from on foot mission providers (not the on foot mission board) are not cleared in TCE on completion. 2 instances so far.
There is currently no 'MissionCompleted' event for Odyssey missions at the journal, so I guess, it's a bug of EDO.

Version [1.8.7.2] released
Changelog:
  • Added a course deviation indicator for planetary locations into the Minimap panel.
  • Fixed an issue with the identification of the actual station type on a first start of TCE.
  • Fixed an issue of showing commodities to buy without stock value at the Trade Overview panel.
  • Fixed an issue of the commodity identification and display at the Cargo panel, because of an EDO Cargo.json bug, where the localised name of the commodities are missing.
  • Fixed an issue of a missing update of the Cargo panel when launching TCE.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who want's to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commoditiesat OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi all,

After TCE's last update McAfee is quarentining EDMC.exe. I restore it (as I have done before) but this time as soon as I run TCE EDMC.exe is quarentined, the launcher crashes and so on in an endless loop. Is it something other users are experiencing? Any tips? Thanks a lot.

All best

Hi all,

After TCE's last update McAfee is quarentining EDMC.exe. I restore it (as I have done before) but this time as soon as I run TCE EDMC.exe is quarentined, the launcher crashes and so on in an endless loop. Is it something other users are experiencing? Any tips? Thanks a lot.

All best
Hi,

my suggestion is to return to the 5.1 version of EDMC, which hasn't such a problem.
Windows Defender had removed the file too on my side, but was now submitted to MS by Athan and we are waiting for clearance.
Here is the link for the issue: https://github.com/EDCD/EDMarketConnector/issues/1179#issuecomment-865894023
Please add your AV to the report, so Athan knows the issue with your AV app too.
Thanks.

Hi eventure,
after my rank in trading went from Elite (8) to Elite 1 (9), whatever this is supposed to mean, TCE throws an error and stops loading at 15%.
This happens every time I start TCE. The ErrorDebug.log is attached.

Thanks in advance..:)

Attachments

• ErrorDebug 1.8.7.2 02-07-2021 14-49-51.log
    1.8 KB · Views: 97
Hi eventure,
after my rank in trading went from Elite (8) to Elite 1 (9), whatever this is supposed to mean, TCE throws an error and stops loading at 15%.
This happens every time I start TCE. The ErrorDebug.log is attached.

Thanks in advance..:)
Thanks for your report!

Can't say for sure without your databases, but I guess you don't have the actual resource.db file.
You can fix it with a reinstall of TCE (into a seperate folder) and transferring your database from your old to the new installation with the build-in function of launcher.

Top Bottom