Release Trade Dangerous (Est. 2015) Power user's highly configurable trade optimizer

This version adds a new for for database maintenance operations.

I like what you did with it. I might consider removing the stuff (paragraph 2 of 3) about auto vacuum. Unless someone has gone out of their way to set up TD in a nonstandard way, it's not turned on. If they have, then they know what they are doing.

I would also consider adding a warning that this could take a <word this forum will censor> of a long time to complete. Perhaps without using the bad word :)

EDIT: NM - I see you have that on the confirmation. Perfect.

I like what you did with it. I might consider removing the stuff (paragraph 2 of 3) about auto vacuum. Unless someone has gone out of their way to set up TD in a nonstandard way, it's not turned on. If they have, then they know what they are doing.

I would also consider adding a warning that this could take a <word this forum will censor> of a long time to complete. Perhaps without using the bad word :)

EDIT: NM - I see you have that on the confirmation. Perfect.

I am pleased with the result, it is a more logical place for the maintenance functions. I did think about using a fairly ripe Anglo-Saxon phase in the warning but decided that some people might possible be offended by it :x

The explanations for ANALYSE and VACUUM were taken directly form the SQLite documentation, but I do take your point.

Update to Trade Dangerous:

EBBD still hasn't gotten around to adding the Salvage items "Antique Jewellery", "Gene Bank", and "Time Capsule". At this point I don't think they ever will, so we'll just add them manually.

TD Helper 2 Road Map

Having just released a version of TDH2 that initially sets up a list of all ships with their just bought values I wondered where I should go with TDH2. One obvious change would be to retain the base ship versions and add any ships the commander owns. If you only had an Asp Explorer, for example, then that Asp would be at the top of the list. All the base ships would be listed after that. Likewise if you owned a Cutter, Type 9, Asp X, DBX and Anaconda, then these would be listed first followed by the base ships.

Another change is a new checkbox on the run parameters panel for including or excluding the insurance in the calculation. At the moment you have to set the insurance value to zero for it not to be included and this feels clumsy to me. So a new checkbox will be added defaulting to checked. If you do not want to include the insurance you just uncheck it.

But what else?

So far I've developed TDH2 pretty much the way I want it with helpful suggestions from eyeonus and Tromador and it's pretty good. It works and whilst it is not bug free, most of the obnoxious ones have been squashed.

So, ideas for TDH2 are requested, ladies and gentlemen, for possible inclusion in future version of TD Helper.

Thanks.

[Edit] Save the name of the scanned Net Logs so that they do not get scanned every time the application starts.

Last edited:
Enter the distance

Hi guys, thank you very much for your commitment to get TD and improve. (Sorry for my English. DeepL https://www.deepl.com/translator helps me :D )
I have a problem with version 2080. I can only enter integer distances for the ranges e.g. 14.00 but no decimal numbers like e.g. 14.90 !
Can you check that, please?

Thx and Greetings from Mathias

td1-fail.jpg

https://picload.org/view/dliagcii/td1-fail.jpg.html

Last edited:
Hi guys, thank you very much for your commitment to get TD and improve. (Sorry for my English. DeepL https://www.deepl.com/translator helps me :D )
I have a problem with version 2080. I can only enter integer distances for the ranges e.g. 14.00 but no decimal numbers like e.g. 14.90 !
Can you check that, please?

Thx and Greetings from Mathias

https://picload.org/view/dliagcii/td1-fail.jpg.html

Must use '.' like we heathen Americans do, not ',' like the cowardly French do. :D

I suppose I could maybe figure out a way to auto-convert ',' used as the decimal to '.'.... I'll look into it eventually.

Sorry, I tried the "." It doesn't work. To see in the picture above. It is always converted to "," !
I also edited the tdh.ini (14.90). Didn't help either. :O

Sorry, I tried the "." It doesn't work. To see in the picture above. It is always converted to "," !

Okay, that you can't even use '.' is a locale related problem in TDH. Mark would have to look into that.

Okay, that you can't even use '.' is a locale related problem in TDH. Mark would have to look into that.

Thank you ! (I'm from Germany) In the old versions (of kfsone) and also in the first of you, this still worked
But not so bad, is a little blemish ;)

Greetings Mathias

Last edited:
EDDB vs Trade Dangerous

First off, this has probably been asked loads of times already, so I apologize for adding to that pile. How does Trade Dangerous compare to EDDB?

First off, this has probably been asked loads of times already, so I apologize for adding to that pile. How does Trade Dangerous compare to EDDB?
Okay, I'll try, but my English is bad. I hope you understand what I mean.
Both systems use EDDN https://eddn.edcd.io/ / https://github.com/EDSM-NET/EDDN/wiki
TD uses another calculation for the routes.
There are more filters in TD to better adjust the route.
I think these are the most important differences.

Greetings nepomuk

(if something is wrong, please correct !)

Apart from having a lot of options to tailor the trade route, TD will also try to get the best profit especially in cases where a station does not have enough of a profitable item to fill your hold and in this case will fill your hold with as many other items so that you have a full hold and the best profit.

EDDB is good, of this there is no doubt, but TD is better. Want a try a loop trade route from Orang/Bessel Gateway? TD will do that for you. EDDB will not. The loop calculation for EDDB will calculate the best loop routes and use Orang/Bessel Gateway as a reference. Want a 3 hop route with up to 2 jumps between each hop? TD will do that, EDDB will not. Want to only include prices where the stations have a minimum quantity in stock? A route that avoid certain systems/stations? Or goes via specific systems/stations? TD will do that as well and much more.

As eyeonus stated above, TD is EDDB++

Editing the ini file will not help. These values are used to set the Windows numeric controls and therefore the current locale will be used. When TDH2 converts the numeric control value to a string for passing to Trade Dangerous is does it using the current locale and thus "14,90" is the result. TDH2 has been modified to output 14.90 to Trade Dangerous which should fix the issue.

As stated by the others, the advantage of EDDB is that it's quick and will give you a simple answer to a simple question.

TD is slower and harder to use, but can give good answers to extremely complicated questions.

Version v2.0.8.1 of TDHelper has been release and may be found at https://github.com/MarkAusten/TDHelper/releases/tag/v2.0.8.1.

From the release notes:

There is now a check box to include the insurance in the route calculations. It defaults to ticked. Untick to exclude the insurance value.

The scanned net logs are saved in a new table in the TDHelper database. Any net log found in the table is not rescanned. The first time this version is run may have a very slow start up as all the net log file data is scanned and the details save to the database. Subsequent starts should be much quicker.

Users of TDH2 in countries that use a comma as the decimal separator can now use TDH2 as the comma is converted where required to a dot when sending decimal value to Trade Dangerous.

This has been tested both as a new, fresh install and as an upgrade but you should save your tdh.ini file first just in case. Then, should you upgrade and receive an error, try deleting the tdhelper.db file and restarting.

Thanks to nepomuk for raising and then testing the fix to the comma decimal issue.

Top Bottom