Trading - Buying vs Selling

Virtually unlimited ability to pump a faction with a market simply by buying and dumping. Since selling back has no negative effect, you could make back most of your transaction each time and save money.
I thought an activity needs to have a jump out and in of system.

I thought an activity needs to have a jump out and in of system.
no. you can hand in bounties from the same system. trade between stations of the same system - etc.
^^ This one. You need to change station... but you're talking about buying here, not selling. At the time of buying, the transaction is done... just like how the transaction occurs at the sale. You couldn't record it any other way, and thus, it would be massively open to exploitation.

At the time of buying, the transaction is done... just like how the transaction occurs at the sale.
actually there was some fix for this (you remember 1t trading) - you have to undock (at least i think) currently to make a "second" sale. maybe you have to switch instances. or to refresh the market json? something along that line. bad, that pareco system is so buggy and no testing ground! if i ever find a zero traffic system with stations close enough to go between without supercruise, i intend to test it.

but it is not necessary to leave system. sometimes in system trade effects are buggy, but generally station-to-station in system works as expected.

actually there was some fix for this (you remember 1t trading) - you have to undock (at least i think) currently to make a "second" sale. maybe you have to switch instances. or to refresh the market json? something along that line. bad, that pareco system is so buggy and no testing ground! if i ever find a zero traffic system with stations close enough to go between without supercruise, i intend to test it.

but it is not necessary to leave system. sometimes in system trade effects are buggy, but generally station-to-station in system works as expected.
Oh, yeah, I know station-station works :) As far as I understand it, trading without leaving the station works if you completely quit the game and log back in... as a transaction is related to session or something (kinda like you said)... but that's kludgy and slow.

To take a current example, a High-Tech station in Boom near me is importing Gold at just over 55,000 credits per tonne - but Gold can be easily bought at many stations for under 50,000 credits per tonne. You're not going to lose money or influence on that.
Thank you.

Top Bottom