Traffic rules within and at the stations

I have no problem to take part of traffic rules. But when it goes to NPCs, they never take awareness of traffic rules in order to wait for me when i fly into closed system stations (coriolis and cubic stations)! I want to convince the developers to correct this, so that NPC travellers also adhere to traffic rules!! :mad:

Last edited:
only way this works is if you use auto pilot landing otherwise you snooze you loose

if you keep your speed bellow 100 you only get a snotty message from ATC if they hit you or come too close

it happens at all stations

There are no traffic rules other than the ones in your head (and asking for landing permission)
Hmmm... What about the speed limit that exists at every station?

Not enforced very strictly though. I've often thought it would be kind'a cool if when the speed limit was broken that a local space cop would attempt to pull ya over and write ya a ticket. Or you could run of course. Getting caught or get away? Consequences.

Hmmm... What about the speed limit that exists at every station?

Not enforced very strictly though. I've often thought it would be kind'a cool if when the speed limit was broken that a local space cop would attempt to pull ya over and write ya a ticket. Or you could run of course. Getting caught or get away? Consequences.
It is not about speed limit which i respect! It is about waiting for other ships to fly into and out of (closed system) stations! They do not wait for me and this is what i criticize. It is immersion breaking that NPC ships do not wait for real players.
And it's not funny when another ship comes towards me in the narrow entry and excursion corridor.

Last edited:

I have no problem to take part of traffic rules. But when it goes to NPCs, they never take awareness of traffic rules in order to wait for me when i fly into closed system stations (coriolis and cubic stations)! I want to convince the developers to correct this, so that NPC travellers also adhere to traffic rules!! :mad:

Because they don't know you are there, you are also human and unpredictable, the computer has no way to determine what you are going to do under manual control, you are basically a rouge element in the system, switch to DC if you want to be included int he traffic system.

Because they don't know you are there, you are also human and unpredictable, the computer has no way to determine what you are going to do under manual control, you are basically a rouge element in the system, switch to DC if you want to be included int he traffic system.
  1. Correct. BUT what about integrating an order of logins for take-off and landing into the program?
  2. What is DC?

I usually feel like a bully when I'm docking/undocking in heavy traffic and then I realise that sometimes space dodgems is the only way to get it done.

Thanks to your respond. I don't usually use it. DC also blocks the heat sink launchers. For passenger ships like Orca i only use auto-start.
It does.. thats the gamble you take when using it. I always disable them when carrying contrabands. Also leaving theough the mail slot, i use the DC, but if the station is heavily congested, i just hit the gas and keep the speed limit under 100(usually 99) and bully my way out.

Not something that would ever be implemented which is a shame. They should however have tried implementing one if not two rings of outer markers as all major airports have. And the outer markers would have numbers corresponding to the landing pad you are allocated.
But like has been said many many times it will never happen.

Top Bottom