Train switch change

Am i correct that currently not the type of coaster matters as before, but the train?

If this already has been posted i am sorry.

I'm not sure what your rather cryptic post intends, but here's what I think you're asking :)

Q: When you use a different train with a given coaster, do the coaster's or the train's restrictions/features control?

A: From what I can tell, it's always been that changing the train is merely a cosmetic difference--the coaster is always what it was when you 1st placed the station. It keeps calling itself by the default name of the coaster even after you change trains. Therefore, the initial choice of the coaster to start with determines what track pieces are available and their minimum sizes, whether inversions are allowed, whether or not the coaster allows kids, and even the lateral spacing between the catwalks and the track. The only actual difference changing the train makes is that it might reconfigure the cattle chutes of the station to match the rows of seats on the new train.

I have not heard this has changed, nor have I seen any evidence that it has.

Well my post is cryptic because i have changed the train on the F25 and the kids say they are walking and not walking to coaster xy.
When they reach the queue they just turn around. The same coaster with the initially train they do enter.
i just wanted to check back if i got somehing wrong.

So i had a look and there has to be a change in my opinion.

For example my old Bergbahn Coaster works like it should be (Thank God otherwise months of work would have been gone). It is an Invincible (family) with Tiamat Trains (non family)
When i switch the train now it is overall a non family if used with non family train.
From what i observed it will never receive the former setting again.

Family Train = Family Coaster
Non Family Train = Non Family Coaster

If this is correct i think what a shame.

Last edited:
If this is correct i think what a shame.

Yeah. The whole "no kids" flag on coasters is 1) unnecessary and 2) misapplied more often than not. It really needs to go.

The fear rating is what really controls whether families will go on a coaster or not. If the fear is just 3.5, about 1/2 of families will find it too scary, but the other half (and most other peeps) will ride. And a fear of 4.0 (the very bottom of the "green") is too scary for about 99.99% of families--essentially no families will ever ride it (I have only ever seen 1 family with a fear tolerance > 4.0, and only a couple with = 4.0).

The new F25 takes this into account and I'm really glad Frontier made it kid-capable. That way, we can use it either way. We can easily make it very extreme (fear > 4.0) and no kids will ride it. Or we can make it with fear < 4.0 and suddenly families have a launched inverting coaster. It's great!

I really wish Frontier would go back and remove the "no kids" tag from most of the other coasters. ESPECIALLY the ones modeled after coasters that DO allow kids in real life.

I really wish Frontier would go back and remove the "no kids" tag from most of the other coasters. ESPECIALLY the ones modeled after coasters that DO allow kids in real life.

It would be nice if we could toggle the no kid option on or off in the settings (if it stayed). I prefer your method of just allowing the fear factor of the coaster to determine if families will or will not ride.

The new F25 takes this into account and I'm really glad Frontier made it kid-capable. That way, we can use it either way. We can easily make it very extreme (fear > 4.0) and no kids will ride it. Or we can make it with fear < 4.0 and suddenly families have a launched inverting coaster. It's great!

I had not looked at that yet. I am really glad the F25 is family compatible.

That is how i noticed the whole thing in the first place. "Wait. I switch trains and families avoid it?"
So i hope we are in a transition phase to remove the categories overall to a more real life version.

Top Bottom