Transferring Installation / License back to Steam from Oculus - Possible?

I originally bought ED from the Frontier store a few years ago. When I got the Rift CV1 I transferred the license to my Oculus account and played via the Oculus Client.

I recently upgraded to an HP Reverb and would really like to try it out with ED.

• Is there a way to dissociate my Frontier account from my Oculus account so I can play it via Steam VR again?
  • ...or is there a way I can play the Oculus installation of ED via Steam VR (I have tried Revive, but that does not seem to work)

Thank you!

I originally bought ED from the Frontier store a few years ago. When I got the Rift CV1 I transferred the license to my Oculus account and played via the Oculus Client.

I recently upgraded to an HP Reverb and would really like to try it out with ED.

• Is there a way to dissociate my Frontier account from my Oculus account so I can play it via Steam VR again?
  • ...or is there a way I can play the Oculus installation of ED via Steam VR (I have tried Revive, but that does not seem to work)
Thank you!

I'm pretty sure you use the same method that you used to request your Oculus key to request a Steam key from Frontier. I did similar to youself i.e. FDEV launcher -> Oculus Home -> SteamVR.

The process is:
  • Go to your account dashboard.
  • Click on ‘Partner Keys’
  • Click ‘Claim an Elite: Dangerous’ key.
  • You can redeem your code by selecting 'Games > Activate a Product On Steam' in the Steam UI.

You can try the top left off the Steam page where it says, Steam- View -Friends- games- help, Click on games Add a non-steam game to my library that will probably ask you for your game key then go from there.

Thanks for the advice!

As suggested, I checked my account dashboard and although I do not have the option to "Claim an Elite: Dangerous key", it does show my original Steam Key. I will try adding it to Steam later on when I get home from work.

Top Bottom