Transparency

As mentioned, Frontier do keep things close to their chest on releasing information.

I think (don't actually know) they tend to use a roadmap on what information to release and when.

You just need to keep your eye on the newsletters and the forum. ;)

Didn't they release such a roadmap? I know other developers do and it's pretty nice.

A lot of stupid children posting here, who don't understand the concept of running a business as a company...

Look Frontier is a company who got the rights from Universal, the publisher and holder of the franchise rights, in order to create a game to MAKE MONEY from nerds and fans of the franchise.

See it as merchandise accompanying the new movie that is coming out the same day (what a coincidence really) just like the toy manufacturers.

This is how universal really earns from making these movies, by selling merchandise.

That's why they create hype in order to SELL a lot of copies to MAKE MONEY and that is why they won't show you much of the negative things about the game since you might not buy it then.

It's that easy really, it's much more clever to charge some of these things as DLC later on.

A lot of stupid children posting here, who don't understand the concept of running a business as a company...

Look Frontier is a company who got the rights from Universal, the publisher and holder of the franchise rights, in order to create a game to MAKE MONEY from nerds and fans of the franchise.

See it as merchandise accompanying the new movie that is coming out the same day (what a coincidence really) just like the toy manufacturers.

This is how universal really earns from making these movies, by selling merchandise.

That's why they create hype in order to SELL a lot of copies to MAKE MONEY and that is why they won't show you much of the negative things about the game since you might not buy it then.

It's that easy really, it's much more clever to charge some of these things as DLC later on.

I'm fairly confident that most of 'the children' here understand basic business practises. Although, I would say that not showing the bad aspects of whatever you're trying to sell is a fairly Universal tactic and not isolated to license-based video games.

Also, this thread isn't about Frontier being dishonest about the negative aspects of JWE, it's about them being more open about the general features of the game.

Secrets can be fun. I believe Nublar is where the Sandbox mode will be, maybe Sorna as well. Either way there is something pretty exciting going on with Nublar. They are keeping that secret and that's probably why they won't answer questions about sandbox mode, or they pretend it's not in the game. Like Frontier would release a game like this with no sandbox mode. Cause Frontier is a bunch of noobs.

I guess if you define interference as Universal rejecting an idea put forward by the writer for JWE, this would be classed as an intereference haha.

Sorry, misunderstanding. I wasn‘t trying to say your example is not an interference. It is. I was just trying to give another example on how Universal interfered with the game so far.

I get the impression that you didn't buy into the PC Alpha?

Back to the topic at hand, I think transparency in certain areas would be a real benefit to Frontier at the moment. There seems to be a lot of noise coming from different areas that are either worried, annoyed or holding off on the game because of the lack of info.

No i didn't. I only joined a bit after horizons (missed the whole pricing backflip luckily). And still playing pretty much every day if it counts.

Yeah given the nature and volume of concerns is so high id agree it would be in their interest to address the issues. Anyone who is bothering to type day 0 after the gameplay reveal is probably a huge jp / jpog fan, so anything beyond 'we're dropping support immediately after release' (which they're not) will probably be okay.

Silence at this point is confirmation that all the points people are raising are valid. Or we just have to wait until the next info drop. Yeah i would accelerate the communication schedule, but im not frontier :p

EDIT: There's already 11 pages of 'i didn't see what i wanted in the demo hang on this better not be final' at the top of the forum.

Last edited:
No i didn't. I only joined a bit after horizons (missed the whole pricing backflip luckily). And still playing pretty much every day if it counts.

Yeah given the nature and volume of concerns is so high id agree it would be in their interest to address the issues. Anyone who is bothering to type day 0 after the gameplay reveal is probably a huge jp / jpog fan, so anything beyond 'we're dropping support immediately after release' (which they're not) will probably be okay.

Silence at this point is confirmation that all the points people are raising are valid. Or we just have to wait until the next info drop. Yeah i would accelerate the communication schedule, but im not frontier :p

EDIT: There's already 11 pages of 'i didn't see what i wanted in the demo hang on this better not be final' at the top of the forum.

That's a really good point. There are obviously some pretty important features either left out or not spoken about and it's somewhat alarming.

The game is still in development and the devs don't want to make promises when it's still not entirely clear wether or not they can actually keep those promises, hence why they only give clear answers to stuff that is already set in stone.
Also, some stuff is better to be left open so the players have to figure out themselves how it's going to be (Isla Nublar is the best example for this), instead of having all of the infos handed to them. Telling everything outright would be the equivalent of movie trailers that already show the entire movie's plot from front to end.

If you're not happy with the information given so far, just don't buy the game yet and wait for the release instead.

Secrets can be fun. I believe Nublar is where the Sandbox mode will be, maybe Sorna as well. Either way there is something pretty exciting going on with Nublar. They are keeping that secret and that's probably why they won't answer questions about sandbox mode, or they pretend it's not in the game. Like Frontier would release a game like this with no sandbox mode. Cause Frontier is a bunch of noobs.

This 100%. I am pretty sure they don't want to ruin the surprise about what Nublar is going to be. They need to have some secrets hidden away just like Hammond did with Site B

Top Bottom