Triple Elite Decal

I haven't seen this being mentioned around here, so here it is
AZhd4Ee.png

Its golden[yesnod]

They should make a physical metal badge of that which only gets mailed to Triple-Elite holders, like with the Elite wings badge from the original game.

I have no intention of aiming for triple due to lack of free time, but if they did that 1984-style wings things again... oh boy... priorities might have to shift... schedules might have to change... I'd be in some real trouble...

Hmmm...

FDev really should NOT make a physical Triple-Elite badge! Bad idea! So cruel! :D

Last edited:
They should make a physical metal badge of that which only gets mailed to Triple-Elite holders, like with the Elite wings badge from the original game.

I have no intention of aiming for triple due to lack of free time, but if they did that 1984-style wings things again... oh boy... priorities might have to shift... schedules might have to change... I'd be in some real trouble...

I still have that badge - proudly won over many an evening after school!

Your avatar looks like the front cover of "Spacewreck" by Stewart Cowley, which is of a similar vintage...

I still have that badge - proudly won over many an evening after school!
Your avatar looks like the front cover of "Spacewreck" by Stewart Cowley, which is of a similar vintage...

Nice! I did reach Elite in the original, but in the wrong country to get a badge (and it wasn't even my game).
Spacewreck was my favorite of the Terran Trade Authority books. They were rare treasures nearly impossible to get; scattered copies only existed in libraries, and they were always checked out (because they were AWESOME!) :D

Last edited:
Rep OP. Did not know this was a thing - I want it now. I need it.

Guess I need to finally chase after last elite - am only double elite plebe (trade/explore).

I quite like it. I use the Elite rank decals on the left side only of most of my ships, and I will put the appropriate insignia on to help me distinguish between similar ships (admittedly this is less of an issue since ship naming was added).

So for example I have a CZ Python called 'Thug' which bears the Combat Elite decal, and a mission running 200t Python called 'Transaction' which previously had the trade decal on it, but can now have the triple Elite decal to indicate that it's a multi-role.

zf90mV5.jpg

Looks a little fussy but it works for me ;)

ETA Ship is named in honour of the new discovery mechanism while respecting the swear filter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom