Tritium availability for solo Carrier operators, who do not want to spend weeks mining.

Can we have some dedicated stations out there, in the bubble and in Colonia, that are always stocked with Tritium for sale, even if you up the price, double the galactic average, even triple?

I recently headed back to populated space after an excursion into the black with my carrier, Tritium supplies getting low, I decided to jump to the nearest bubble, being Colonia for me, to re-stock my reserves, instead of mining it, because I need quite a lot, around 16,000 units. Arriving at Colonia I was shocked to find that it just doesn't exist anywhere to buy in bulk, 8 units here, 2 units there...

I am so desperate to get back out there and explore the galaxy Frontier has created for us, but as of now I am stranded, and I don't want to spend the next few weeks mining thousands of Tritium, because it's a stupidly slow process. I've had a buy order on my carrier for two days now, for a price well above the galactic average and not a single commander has sold me any (yes I have docking set to all commanders).

It's so frustrating being stuck behind this wall, with no way forward in the game with regards to fueling my carrier, so I ask again. PLEASE have dedicated stations where Tritium is always available, even if you have to over inflate the price.

I kind of agree - I'm up to the same thing; exploring out in the black with my carrier - and the solo mining rate for tritium is slow at best. I would say that exploring with a carrier is probably done best as a group activity - that way the mining doesn't become too much of a bore (excuse the pun). I've managed to find one double tritium hotspot, which I'm currently hanging round mining as much as I can till I get bored - then I'll move on and try and find another double hotspot.

Anyway, I see the frustration - my own suggestion is buff tritium mining to the same %age level like platinum, or even make the surface deposits sometimes pay out 2 chunks instead of just 1.

I am so desperate to get back out there and explore the galaxy Frontier has created for us, but as of now I am stranded, and I don't want to spend the next few weeks mining thousands of Tritium,
That's why you had to plan expedition before. Starting with 20000 + mining EACH 5 jumps of 100t will give you close to 200000 ly total range.

I just finished stockpiling Tritium on my carrier, just over 5500t. It's enough for me had to do it with mining also did some purchases.
But what got me thinking is that when i used Inara.cz the stations that actually had larger stocks of the stuff all had max Medium pads.
That's nice, using Krait Mk2 with 220t cargo a gazillion times to stock tritium, no thanks why aren't there stations with the stuff with Large pads?

still strange that a commodity that everybody with a FC needs, is still widely unavailable in large quantities, it can be mined in almost all Ice resources except core.
so why does the BGS put it in small quantities on outposts and other facilities with Medium pads as max?

BGS put it in small quantities on outposts and other facilities with Medium pads as max?
CMDRs prefer to deplete big outposts as you said :D
Also BGS accounts all commodities, not only tritium. So if station starts to starve because CMDRs buy only tritium it's reserves will go down fast.
If you want steady supply of anything on station with good price you need take care of it for days or weeks.
If you will pay attention good prices for anything happen on stations owned by active player fraction with many actively playing CMDRs.

Proper loop would be deliver full carrier of industrial mats to agri station and get food there, then with those food and some mats left go to buy tritium and exchange. Such would guarantee healthy BGS states.
But who cares right? :D Everybody just want to refuel carrier.

Last edited:
still strange that a commodity that everybody with a FC needs, is still widely unavailable in large quantities, it can be mined in almost all Ice resources except core.
so why does the BGS put it in small quantities on outposts and other facilities with Medium pads as max?
Loads of Trit from L pad stations if you know how to look - need to work on your inara / eddb foo

And all goods will be available from all pad sizes, especially at good prices from EDO settlements, which can be smaller. But you can use the larger ones, if you know how to drive a website 🤷‍♀️

As for the OP: Fail to plan, play to fail :) Wandering out without any planning / research tends to not go well even in just a ship - and that goes double for dragging a (mostly pointless) FC around. DSSA carriers often stock Tritium for sale, though it may not be on public sale and reserved for passing expeditions - especially on the far side where resupply is more of an issue - so you might need to contact the owner.

Mine (https://inara.cz/station/187802/) has nearly 10k available, I thought it had more so might be time for resupply run - woohoo!

...I decided to jump to the nearest bubble, being Colonia for me...
There's your problem.
Colonia is well known (or definitely should be) as the graveyard of unfueled FCs, mainly because it's extremely low population means low refresh rates on goods, tritium especially.

In the actual bubble there are dozens of large stations selling tritium at, or around, the galactic average with hundreds of thousands of units each.

You can try to scrounge up enough tritium to get back to the bubble, then other CMDRs will fill your hold in an hour or two when you're back and buying at those prices.

Is that "The Slug" in Ratraii OP?

If so 120k/t is on the low side for a large Cononia refuel.

A Cmdr coming out from the bubble with a full hold will have around 10-12,000t to sell once there, leaving them enough for the return journey.

That means that while you are offering enough for them to make a profit, most will hold out as they know they can earn 200k/t+ due to demand.

Realistically you either need to;

• Take the financial hit and up your buy price
  • Buy enough to get back to the bubble and fill up there
  • Go mining for it yourself
  • Hope an altruisric Cmdr comes along who'll take a lower price

That's why you had to plan expedition before. Starting with 20000 + mining EACH 5 jumps of 100t will give you close to 200000 ly total range.

Loads of Trit from L pad stations if you know how to look - need to work on your inara / eddb foo

And all goods will be available from all pad sizes, especially at good prices from EDO settlements, which can be smaller. But you can use the larger ones, if you know how to drive a website 🤷‍♀️

As for the OP: Fail to plan, play to fail :) Wandering out without any planning / research tends to not go well even in just a ship - and that goes double for dragging a (mostly pointless) FC around. DSSA carriers often stock Tritium for sale, though it may not be on public sale and reserved for passing expeditions - especially on the far side where resupply is more of an issue - so you might need to contact the owner.

Mine (https://inara.cz/station/187802/) has nearly 10k available, I thought it had more so might be time for resupply run - woohoo!
You guys with your "need to plan" messages just make me laugh out loud, when I left the bubble, I had bought 20k Tritium, as I stated, I merely went for refueling after my supplies ran out. I have been out there for a LONG time, so I don't need to worry about me not having a plan lol. I can mine the tritium, I just prefer to buy it, also my webfu is perfectly adequate, I can use inara and eddb with the best of them.

I had bought 20k Tritium, as I stated, I merely went for refueling after my supplies ran out. I have been out there for a LONG time, so I don't need to worry about me not having a plan lol.
Then it was bad plan. This amount is enough for 115000 ly +/-. And you made out of this limit without thinking what if. Now you have to work couple weeks to mine to go back. Simple.

Then it was bad plan. This amount is enough for 115000 ly +/-. And you made out of this limit without thinking what if. Now you have to work couple weeks to mine to go back. Simple.
I don't disagree with what you're saying at all, but this was merely a suggestion post to have dedicated places with tritium always available, even at a price markup, so I don't get why you have to be here knocking me for lack of planning? I merely posted here on the suggestion section for frontier to possibly see one day, it really isn't a big deal. lol

What price are you offering?

I have a Carrier in Colonia with 24,000t of tritium onboard.
I am currently in Ratraii, buying 5000 Tritium for 170k/ton If you're interested in selling to me, The carrier is called Eden's Gate - KNL-56Y. Any help is appreciated.

I am currently in Ratraii, buying 5000 Tritium for 170k/ton If you're interested in selling to me, The carrier is called Eden's Gate - KNL-56Y. Any help is appreciated.
I think you've just discovered how it's supposed to work in MMO. Many people wanted player driven economy for years.

I merely posted here on the suggestion section for frontier to possibly see one da
Because trade system works different then you suggest. It is BGS which reacts on all what players do. So it is impossible just to make "fuel station" which will always be full. Couple gankers and pirates doing illegal kills in system will shut down it as result.

I'm ambivalent about this. I have a carrier and if moving it was more convenient I'd use it much more for exploration. But... I still like the idea that parts of the galaxy are hard to get to. Tritium at Colonia would be very convenient, but the lack of it there makes perfect sense if the main supply of it is from industrial-scale mining. I guess I don't feel strongly either way, but I quite like the situation we have now. Getting a carrier to Beagle point isn't impossible but it requires huge commitment. In my recent month-long galactic wander I've gone in the Krait Phantom and left the carrier at home.

Last edited:
Top Bottom