Tritium becoming scarce

How can anyone be that bad at something?
Haha, I went mining this afternoon as I saw a Void Opal hotspot during my explorations and thought, ok, give this core mining thing a try. I spent nearly three hours, and got 4.83 tons of them (the 0.83 being what's still in the refinery). Reason? Despite dropping less than 100km from the waypoint for the hotspot, and passing through it during my time mining, I got just one rock with Void Opals in.

One.

Nevertheless, I did enjoy blowing up my first asteroid, even if it took a few attempts.

Edit: I did get 22 tons of Tritium, though.

I mined a Tritium hotspot 50-60t per hour (really poor RNG)
Mined the same hotspot last night, it was double - 100-120t per hour.

YMMV

Just got my FC a few days ago. Buying tritium was easy initially.. just check at my fav station, this morning was 4xxx and now it's one more digit 4x,xxx.

Is this trend normal ? will prices come down soon ?
it being 40k per ton is actually the normal Alp, the places where you're finding it for 4k are the exception not the rule. But yes, load up on cheap fuel while you can.

I mined a Tritium hotspot 50-60t per hour (really poor RNG)
Mined the same hotspot last night, it was double - 100-120t per hour.

YMMV

The issue with Tritium SSD mining is you only get 3 fragments per missile max, where as LTD's you get 6+. You can easily get 40-60+ LTD's from a single rock, yet with Tritium SSD's you're lucky if you get more than 15.

It's almost as if FDev nerfed the wrong commodity.

Tritium SSD's are more common in its hotspots though, generally guaranteed tritium surface/subsurface features on every yellow asteroid.

Looks like it is Tritium mining time hoping Frontier gets it working better in the black.

Previously the supply of Tritium at a 4k low cost station didn't go down with multiple player purchases. Now
they do so it is 1st come 1st served and the supply is quickly depleted. I would surmise that the trade BGS
is now working with low cost stations changing fast. Maybe the next patch will change it back or not.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Maybe with better Tritium resources in the 'Verse' we might see less Fleet
Carriers parked in the bubble. Just an idea...time for a tune.

Sometimes I get the feeling that Frontier is the 'Alliance' and the players are the 'Browncoats'. Per Jubal Early,
"Does that seem right to you?". :)

Regards

Last edited:
Looks like it is Tritium mining time hoping Frontier gets it working better in the black.

Previously the supply of Tritium at a 4k low cost station didn't go down with multiple player purchases. Now
they do so it is 1st come 1st served and the supply is quickly depleted. I would surmise that the trade BGS
is now working with low cost stations changing fast. Maybe the next patch will change it back or not.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Maybe with better Tritium resources in the 'Verse' we might see less Fleet
Carriers parked in the bubble. Just an idea...time for a tune.

Sometimes I get the feeling that Frontier is the 'Alliance' and the players are the 'Browncoats'. Per Jubal Early,
"Does that seem right to you?". :)

Regards

Well that's how much is available, not how much it is to buy and sell.

Interesting the staff post refered to it as fixing a problem.. when it was obviously set this way deliberately (apparently its only for 2 commodities). And rightfully so given the popularity. Will be interesting to see the explosion and experience once its been turned off. At normal demand levels you won't be able to get a go unless lemmings give up and do something else.. or at least it will be material incentive to not keep third party tools updated..

Yeah i wonder if they do tritium as well as ltds. Could be anything.. frontier are unpredictable and everyone was playing off a bug in the first place.

I think the worst I got in a Random Ice belt when out in the Black was 68t from 30 mins (that was in a LTD hotspot).. far more Tritium than LTD's (22t)

Same here on multiple occasions. Finding LTD in a single LTD hotspot appears to be far more difficult than one might expect after getting used to the triples. I also did 4 such hotspots in random rings to see how the ratio is and always returned with plenty more tritium than LTD. In the worst trial I didn't get any LTD at all. Mind you, still not enough tritium to make it worth it.

Cheap stations change daily, it is down to system state. All that being said, this is the worst it has been since carriers launched.

Agreed. Big changes the last 48-24 hrs, slowly getting worse. 4k Tritium is suspended for now. Even medium pads with 300T+ supplies exhaust quickly, they dont auto refill every trip. It's like the code has changed.

Agreed. Big changes the last 48-24 hrs, slowly getting worse. 4k Tritium is suspended for now. Even medium pads with 300T+ supplies exhaust quickly, they dont auto refill every trip. It's like the code has changed.

Yeah the new changes have pretty much killed cheap supplies, it has also caused a tritium drought in Colonia. Not a great move in my opinion, this would have worked great if some of the original costs where maintained in order to lower the amount of carrier owners.

Just way too many carriers out there depleting stock, and T9/Cutter haulers flying A-B-A.

All that being said, it is more realistic now. Just glad I stocked up on fuel, time to head out exploring again. Will be Interesting to see how LTD's get affected after today's patch.

Just glad I stocked up on fuel, time to head out exploring again. Will be Interesting to see how LTD's get affected after today's patch.

Yeah me too. I never traded out of my carrier once it was full just on a hunch, and glad i did. Its currently out on a test exploration run and working out really well so might keep going.

Wasn't expecting them to turn off tritium though in truth. Bit of a sad face because fun police but can live with it easy enough if frontier need to keep the servers stable.

It's the configuration that has changed so that 1) The regeneration rate is not infinite any more and 2) the demand/supply changes as H3 is bought/sold. Ian Doncaster has a useful explanation in another thread. This, apparently, will also be applied to LTDs after today's update.

Yeah me too. I never traded out of my carrier once it was full just on a hunch, and glad i did. Its currently out on a test exploration run and working out really well so might keep going.

Wasn't expecting them to turn off tritium though in truth. Bit of a sad face because fun police but can live with it easy enough if frontier need to keep the servers stable.

For some reason I decided to do some proper bulk haulage with the carrier over the past few days, have mainly been exploring. 3 T9's onloading/offloading, made 2.5 bill. more than enough to last me, only filled back up to 11,000 though, wish I had taken 23,000.

A trip to Colonia and back has gone from costing 71 million credits to 730 million credits 🤨

For some reason I decided to do some proper bulk haulage with the carrier over the past few days, have mainly been exploring. 3 T9's onloading/offloading, made 2.5 bill. more than enough to last me, only filled back up to 11,000 though, wish I had taken 23,000.

A trip to Colonia and back has gone from costing 71 million credits to 730 million credits 🤨

Ouch. My crew managed to fill me up with 7000t , maybe 1000t of that i did @ 4k, the rest i paid 29k for to the haulers. As 29k T is now "cheap". I wont be selling. I will keep that 7000t for my self as it will last a fair while around the bubble. Have suspended my INARA advert for now, until i can find a now good supply.

Still don't need to mine again, just means i am stopping Tritium trading with 7.5 years of upkeep covered, 7500 T of Tritium Fuel, and 2b pocket money. give it until the end of the month to see what happens, it the situation stays the same, will start my Engineering for the first time.

Yeah the new changes have pretty much killed cheap supplies, it has also caused a tritium drought in Colonia. Not a great move in my opinion, this would have worked great if some of the original costs where maintained in order to lower the amount of carrier owners.

Just way too many carriers out there depleting stock, and T9/Cutter haulers flying A-B-A.

All that being said, it is more realistic now. Just glad I stocked up on fuel, time to head out exploring again. Will be Interesting to see how LTD's get affected after today's patch.
You called me a fool in another thread for criticising the glee some have taken pulling the ladder up after them . Yet here you ( and others ) are happily boasting how you have filled up the easy way and are set for ages and suggesting there are too many carriers .Hell , there's even a whole thread with folk boasting how many years they are set for .Funny old world ...

Last edited:
Have suspended my INARA advert for now, until i can find a now good supply.
Not so very surprisingly I did the same yesterday when it became clear that the prices and supplies were not as they had been.

I've done a bit of maths around the new prices and you can still make a decent profit. At 40k to buy and 52k to sell station to station, buying from the haulers at 45k and selling back at the other end for 46k gives the haulers 12k profit per tonne or about a quarter of what it was before the change.

Overall, the 250 MCr (ish) profit for the round trip is split 19 MCr to the carrier and the remaining 231 MCr is split between the haulers.

Of course, the fly in the ointment is the supply.

Like you, I'll probably looking at engineering changes to my fleet.

You called me a fool in another thread for criticising the glee some have taken pulling the ladder up after them . Yet here you ( and others ) are happily boasting how you have filled up the easy way and are set for ages and suggesting there are too many carriers .Hell , there's even a whole thread with folk boasting how many years they are set for .Funny old world ...

The bulk of my income over the past 5 years has come from mission haulage and occasional mining.

Carrier upkeep is nothing, I am paying a mere 14 mill a week, you get a Full refund on a carrier or any modules, tritium is still the highest paying bulk haulage commodity, and missions are still good for haulage in boom states, still very affordable for those who are not obsessed with having everything asap. I couldn't care less about those who have upkeep for next 50 years, it is all meaningless.

My comment about too many carriers is in regard to the network issues, the mining exploits resulted in videos from down to earth astronomy - Sidewinder to fleet carrier..

The stress test in beta was never going to be accurate, it never simulated the markets getting hammered.

Top Bottom