Ship Builds & Load Outs Turret only CZ build?

Search didn't turn up anything recent. Can someone recommend one?

Also, is it viable to have ship computer fly the boat while you zoom around in a SLF? Other than only being able to follow you around I assume the DPS would largely be the same? Wiki says pilot-less ship will use SCB but can it use heatsinks too? Or I guess vented beam could take care of that...

Turrets for slow turning vessels would be my suggestion, but I tend to avoid them.

Pick up a high rank NPC crew if you want them to take the helm. You don't want some rookie scratching the paint job. Keep up a regular string of commands and keep an eye on them, otherwise you'll find yourself at the rebuy. Don't forget to fire them afterward, otherwise they will be paying their pension for ever..

Search didn't turn up anything recent. Can someone recommend one?

I could certainly show you one, but I could never recommend one.

Also, is it viable to have ship computer fly the boat while you zoom around in a SLF? Other than only being able to follow you around I assume the DPS would largely be the same? Wiki says pilot-less ship will use SCB but can it use heatsinks too? Or I guess vented beam could take care of that...

You mean a ship with no NPC crew, that can only follow while the turrets automatically engage stuff? This is generally a bad idea, and a ship with no pilot at all won't do anything but follow and engage with turrets. Damage will not be good, because even turrets are not fully passive, at least not ideally.

NPC crew can generally pilot to the same extent as other NPCs of similar rank and will use SCBs when shields get low as well as heatsinks when the ship gets too hot. Higher rank ones can be quite capable against other NPCs, but generally not as good as an experienced CMDR. You can fly an SLF while giving the NPC orders and if the ship is solid, it will generally be safe in most CZ content. Lower rank crew will need considerable babysitting until they rank up.

Don't forget to fire them afterward, otherwise they will be paying their pension for ever..

You can do this, but since crew are most useful at ranks well past Expert, I hire them at Harmless and rank them all the way up.

Turret boat in a CZ sounds dangerous to me.

Used to do old style CZ in a Vette with two huge beams, everything else turret.

Wouldn't take it in a CZ now though.

Top Bottom