Two planetary ports conquered after the same War

Hello guys, our minor faction won its last war (yay!) but something really strange happened.

First of all: this could be simply my error on tracking our facilities in that system, but I'm quite confident it is not.

Anyway, in HIP 113422 system apparently we conquered two planetary port (Rawat Reach and Donaldson Depot) after a single War.

It was a strange war indeed, we had +10% for the first two days, the third day suddenly we were loosing the war by a 11%, and the fourth day, after an intense group game session, we definetively won with a +30% (and I took down a Capital Ship too).

I admit that I checked only the other outpost we do not control (I thought that we'd conquer that first, I was wrong) and the bigger of the two planetary ports (Donaldson Depot), I saw that we conquered that planetary port, was happy about it, and of story.

Yesterday I went to Rawat Reach (the other planetary port) for a mission and found out that it's controlled by our minor faction too!

Do any of you have any explanation for it? Is it really possible to conquer more than one starport/planetary port? Do you think it was a concequence of putting down the capital ship or winning with a very large advantage?

Definitely can happen... reasons are a bit vague though.

What's local galnet news got to say about the outcome? Should be in the faction status summary.

Last edited:
That's the problem: I did not realize that until yesterday, 4 days after the war's ended. The only peculiar news in there is the one talking about the Capital Ship being taken down.

We had a similar situatiom when 2.2 dropped, but in our case I think it was a bug. When the patch dropped we were at war. Shortly after, the war ended in a tie (even though we had enough influence to win) and got another pending war immediately after. When we won that war, we got 2 assets, an outpost and a planetary base, but only one of those assets appeared in the news (so it took me a few days to realize what happened).

Deleted member 38366

D
The news are generic, meaning no CapShip needed to be taken down (or even exist) for the News to come out like that. It's just an RNG draw from a pool of generic text blocks.

I remember having the same once, didn't realize we gained an Outpost together with a Station for many days. Very rare occurrence though, personally I've only witnessed that happen that single time.

Last edited by a moderator:
we know that after a war, the asset with the LARGEST population is the one that changes hands. It is entirely likely that the two bases had exactly the same population?

_trent_

Volunteer Moderator
we know that after a war, the asset with the LARGEST population is the one that changes hands. It is entirely likely that the two bases had exactly the same population?

That explanation is both logical and reasonable.

It therefore definitely cannot be the answer to anything related to the BGS. :p

the only other time that we've seen multiple assets change hands is when a faction that owns something retreats and the owner receives all their assets

If I recall correctly FD's public statements have been that the largest settlement only should transfer post conflict (assuming there is a winner!). They may have amended that to ensuring that space based assets are the most important. (I'm a little Hazy on that detail.)

So either this is a bug or there has been an unannounced change in how the BGS handles asset transfers at the end of the conflict.

the population of planetary bases is ALWAYS lower than planetary ones, even large cities.... we had an "discussion" with them over winning a military outpost instead of the juicy planetary base in a system - turns out that it was entirely population, not physical size driven. and yes - it is driven by population, not size.

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
the population of planetary bases is ALWAYS lower than planetary ones, even large cities.... we had an "discussion" with them over winning a military outpost instead of the juicy planetary base in a system - turns out that it was entirely population, not physical size driven. and yes - it is driven by population, not size.

Problem is... how would one look up what percentage of System Population is contained in each asset?
I'd assume it's one of the many hidden variables, although it being hidden isn't really useful in this case.

Top Bottom