Typo in TMT User Guide

So I'm guessing this is a typo for using two materials in the User guide. in the Material 2 column shouldn't the wording for the texture be <Material_02_Name>_BC.png? I'm also guessing I can basically use two seperate UV Maps for one fbx file. is this correct?

I copy and pasted the wording from the user guide below:

MODEL
<Model_Name>_L0
Material_01
<Material_Name>
Textures
<Material_01_Name>_BC.png
<Material_01_Name>_RN.png
<Material_01_Name>_CA.png
<Material_01_Name>_AO.png
<Material_01_Name>_MT.png
<Material_01_Name>_OP.png
<Material_01_Name>_EM.png
<Material_01_Name>_F1.png
<Material_01_Name>_F2.png
<Material_01_Name>_F3.png
<Material_01_Name>_F4.png

Material_02
<Material_Name>
Textures
<Material_01_Name>_BC.png

You can definitely use multiple UV maps in a single FBX, and even assign different faces of the same mesh to different materials. Up to 8 separate materials are allowed (as long as the total area of your BC maps is 2048 x 2048 or less).

And yeah, it should be Material_02 or whatever you named your material in the 3D program you're using. Good catch on the typo! For example, for my balloons, I did the following:

Blender material name: Balloon
Textures:
- Balloon_BC.png
- Balloon_SM.png
- Balloon_F1.png

Blender material name: String
Textures:
- String_BC.png
- String_RN.png

Thanks for the confirmation! One last question if I may. can we distribute the Flexicolour maps to different materials. as an example:

Material_1
-Material_1_BC
-Material_1_F1

Material_2
-Material_2_BC
-Material_2_F2
-Material_2_F3

Material_3
-Material_3_BC
-Material_3_F4

Yep! And in fact, you can also have multiple materials that can use the same flexicolor, like this:

Material_1
-Material_1_BC
-Material_1_F1 - Uses the first color chosen in the Toolkit

Material_2
-Material_2_BC
-Material_2_F1 - Also uses the first color
-Material_2_F2
-Material_2_F3

Cool thanks for the answers! I've been having an error when uploading so I was curious if it was a naming issue but I believe its the size of my textures.

I have 2 materials assigned to my object and both UV Maps are 2048x2048. I'm guessing thats was my issue
just in case though, my understanding now is that you can have up to 8 Materials but as long as their BC maps don't exceed 2048x2048 combined.

so if I use a 2048x2048 BC map I can only use that one. but if it was smaller I can have multiple maps.

Top Bottom