UA Mystery Thread 3: The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
After following the last thread for all 9289 posts I want to celebrate the start of this new thread by getting out there and finding a UA of my own and could use some advice on a ship. I've decided to either get an Asp or a Diamondback Explorer. As far as handling a UA is there any real advantages to either one? I'm leaning towards the DBE as it's a third the price and I don't have a ton of money. The Asp is better for combat and has more internal space, but if I'm getting a UA from Pleiades and don't need cargo scanner/wake scanner/hatch breakers does it matter?

It's not a complaint - it's just an observation (with some irritation :) ) - not aimed at any person. I've self reported anyway.

As you know, it takes 5 secs to paste a word into an online dictionary - or even Google search - to realise something is amiss.

Yeah - but what Clavain is saying is that the misspelling is deliberate ;)

Edit : Oh and we're already at 1% progress towards another new thread, everyone; let's step it up!

Last edited:
It's not a complaint - it's just an observation (with some irritation :) ) - not aimed at any person. I've self reported anyway.

As you know, it takes 5 secs to paste a word into an online dictionary - or even Google search - to realise something is amiss.

It's deliberate. It's a pun. A joke a wry quip in an effort to keep us all sane. So back off the canonn or you'll be feeling its first lot of grape shot!

Space Fan

Banned
As you know, it takes 5 seconds to look at the first page of a thread, and make the connection. Thanks for self-reporting, whatever the heck that means. Hope it doesn't get you banned.

If it gets me banned, at least my eye won't constantly be drawn to this thread title in bold with its horrible and unnecessary misspelling. +1

Got it - an *in* joke.

Last edited:
It's deliberate. It's a pun. A joke a wry quip in an effort to keep us all sane. So back off the canonn or you'll be feeling its first lot of grape shot!

Or biscuit-shot. Perhaps hardtack would work?

Edit: We could fire it at every poster who posts a question that has been answered on the first page of the thread or the wiki, pour encourager les autres.

Last edited:

Space Fan

Banned
As a writer, in-jokes are more out than in:

I would have gone for:

The (Ar)canonn

or

The (Ar)Canonn

Or something similar - it's more inclusive. Folks could see it might represent something else - and even show some interest.

Anyway, nice work with it.

Last edited:
As a writer, in jokes are more out than in:

I would have gone for:

The (Ar)canonn

or

The (Ar)Canonn

Or something similar - it's more inclusive. Folks could see it potentially might represent something else - and even show some interest.

Anyway, nice work with it.

Yeah, cos no one has shown any interest in the past 20,000 posts. Or the wiki.

Last edited:
Wow, this thread has really shifted into overgear, the influx of Cmdrs and theories is awesome. I really like the "we come in peace, hit it with chaffs", and the "Stop at other SS'" ones :)

Now if only I could get one of these little s......

Derthek said:
Any way, i was just looking at the dark wheel logo and was wondering... could there be a hint hidden in here? I'm not sure who designed it, so it may be nothing.

I (leader of the player group, The Dark Wheel) designed it. There is no hint in the picture itself to anything related to the UA.

The Dragon symbolizes strength and wisdom.

The Ouroboros symbolizes the infinity of time and space, as the Dark Wheel once did and is currently searching to regain it's former glory and to reclaim Raxxla.

The circles represent the constant presence and motion of Raxxla across time and space.

I'm pretty sure you know what the Elite symbol represents.

Our ideals are embodied in this account's signature (read the definition and read the novela), as is the method for joining us.

Arcanonn said:
Haha I know who made it..........well mostly. ;)

Nearly there with new thread folks stand by........

I sincerely doubt you know who made it. If anyone would care to verify my claim, you can message Drew Wagar on his blog, and he can verify that the owner / operator of this account designed it.

Last edited:
Wow, guys!

At this pace the practical tip to read this thread will be: read the first page and then continue at page 32. :eek:

Aah.. thank you mrtree (below). Continuing on topic.

Last edited:
Had a bit of time this afternoon for testing.

* Tried finding Voyager 2 (one last time, with the UA), hoping for finding by mass, no luck - http://youtu.be/-coArFEuX3Y
* Tried the system check (from https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=162998&p=2672270&viewfull=1#post2672270) - same video ^
* Checked Skeggiko (no video). Lots of "Checkpoints" w/ Fed Navy, dropped a UA right next to a Fed Navy ship with no effect (other than a 150cr dropping cargo fine)

Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 3.09.16 PM.jpg

Wow, guys!

At this pace the practical tip to read this thread will be: read the first page and then continue at page 32. :eek:

(Sorry, this post is not helping either.)

See what I mean? Biscuit-Shot needed.

Edit: I hear things would be so much better if only we moved to Reddit.

Edit2: I think that is how things usually progress (the page 32 reference) in both previous threads IIRC.

Last edited:

Space Fan

Banned
If you were in the from the first thread, then you get free biscuits.

If you joined in the second one, or are only joining now, then you can buy a season's biscuit barrel; or a lifetime's supply of biscuits.

Hey, I was here at the kickstarter; I already bought the biscuits, and the custom biscuit packet label (although all the custom labels were the same!) I have also pre-ordered the biscuit barrel, but I don't go searching for alien biscuits like you guys.

I'm holding off on the lifetime supply, as they seem a bit costly without knowing whether they are going to be high quality biscuits e.g. with chocolate covering etc.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom