UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Could it be that the Unknown Probe is designed to be a satellite of Merope 5c? In the picture decoded from the sound emitted, there are possibly numbers 1 - 4 and my interpretation of these are steps to take for its use using the corresponding quadrants diagram. 1 being the first step, going up through 4. So working off this, and interpreting the diagram I propose this.

Binary / step 1 = Take probe to Merope 5c
Binary / step 2 = Enter orbit
Binary / step 3 = Release in orbit and scan
Binary / step 4 = Allow probe to do its thing, and act like a satellite/beacon - Leave it there for a while, perhaps?

Last edited:
I think the statement that the system is the only fixed thing is not quite accurate....

So... your mileage may vary :)

Cheers
Rixaeton [wacko]

I think about why it points to Merope specifically, the star itself.

What is special about that star? It is the star that lights up the Merope nebula for starters. I have suggested this before - could the UA be transmitting a signal through the star, and therefore through the nebula?

If so, perhaps the UP freefloaters can be found throughout the Merope nebula, maybe in a shell similar to the UA?

Followed up my idea of "missing" data in UP diagram to use as rosetta stone....
compared Merope%c planetary map with a more distant one

looks like the outer ring itself represents the top level system (in that case our galaxy) with three references 1. grav center = Sagitaruius A; 2. (small inwards) small Maghellan cloud? 3. small out large Maghellan cloud?
by this a precise ortientation grid would be given and meaning in diagram might be UA report was sent direction of small cloud and UP coming from large cloud

Edit: Thinking some more, you could be right and that area is in Merope system itself, but which way and how far? Maybe head towards Maia first from merope in supercruise, that's the only system nearby that has any relation to the unknown artefacts as far as I know.

I like this thought, if the UPs are in Merope and in some localised area and not a "shell", then static reference points would be other stars and the image might be interpreted that way.

I think about why it points to Merope specifically, the star itself.

Following the theory that the UA's are intelligence gathering perhaps they need the stars gravity well to get the signal back home.

[edit]

I feel we need a sub forum for Canonn and within that separate threads for

Purpose of the UA/UE/Barnies
Function of the UA/UE/Barnies
Discussion on Spectal Image
Discussion on audio signal (chirps/honk/tubas)

Last edited:
on my way! I will be traveling in SC while I do other stuff..

It's really tricky, like at high speeds USSs flash by in the blink of an eye.

Unfortunately you are looking at a long period paying very close attention to the contacts box where if you look away for 10 seconds you might miss it.

Ahah.

Ok.

Cheers :)

So there is something else in the transmission, and the image in the spectogram is the key. Right ok - good pointers.

The head flashes a non-regular pattern during the pulse btw.

I do not have good video of this.

There seems to be two light sources in the UP, (1) The "head"-lights and (2) an ambient red light that pulses independently to the headlight's pulses, this ambient light is visible if say you have the UP on a surface by what is reflected.

Though I'd say this secondary lightsource is really just for effect, perhaps lighting up the UP's surrounding gaseous cloud.

I will attempt to get a good video of the head flash pattern during the pulse tonight, like then maybe we use some slow-motion on it to see if we can make anything out.

Last edited:
Or the additional information is not yet in the audio but taking it somewhere specific will trigger it.

Yeah valid point.

In one of the previous comments from MB he mentioned that there is "different" information from the probe. Based on that I think that there is something else in there that we cant "see" yet in the existing transmissions. At least that way it would be "fair" on everyone who cant get a probe to have a go themselves on the recordings people have made, rather than relying on the handful of people who can/have got a probe to do everything (fingers crossed!)

Edit: just to be clear, the transmissions might not just be the audio, e.g. the visual aspect might be something we can look at too.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

The head flashes a non-regular pattern during the pulse btw.

I do not have good video of this.

There seems to be two light sources in the UP, (1) The "head"-lights and (2) an ambient red light that pulses independently to the headlight's pulses, this ambient light is visible if say you have the UP on a surface by what is reflected.

Though I'd say this secondary lightsource is really just for effect, perhaps lighting up the UP's surrounding gaseous cloud.

I will attempt to get a good video of the head flash pattern during the pulse tonight, like then maybe we use some slow-motion on it to see if we can make anything out.

Head flashing sounds interesting - nice video of it would be useful! I noted that the really nice close up image of the UP with the "headlight" showing got some screentime in the newsletter recently. Could be coincidence, could be a gentle shove in the right direction "LOOK AT THIS"... :)

Last edited:
Yeah valid point.

In one of the previous comments from MB he mentioned that there is "different" information from the probe. Based on that I think that there is something else in there that we cant "see" yet in the existing transmissions. At least that way it would be "fair" on everyone who cant get a probe to have a go themselves on the recordings people have made, rather than relying on the handful of people who can/have got a probe to do everything (fingers crossed!)

Edit: just to be clear, the transmissions might not just be the audio, e.g. the visual aspect might be something we can look at too.

Yeah that sounds about right to me too. I know Ed on the Educating Ed stream said he thought taking it to different places is a good idea, though he might have just been showing enthusiasm for the mystery.

I also personally think the account of Jacques when his station's jump drive was hijacked by UAs possibly contains unique clues. Lots of mentions of black holes, nebula etc.

I'm about a quarter of the way out to him now but I don't have a UP. I'll be stationed out there for a while.

Well look.

As I say the only reason I was able to come up with for the UA pointing to Merope and the UP pointing to 5c, is that the UP is intended to function in the same system, while the UA is intended to function in other systems.

I mean if the UP pointed at the star and the UP was between the star and 5c then clearly the UP would be broadcasting in the wrong direction.

Anyone fancy spending a bit of time tonight travelling outwards from 5c to see if any anomalies are encountered in perhaps a local UP shell?

FWIW I tried this over the weekend, once to 2.2 million Mm, and another attempt to 0.17Ls from 5c.

Saw nothing, but the issue is at that distance you travel so fast the USS would flash by in around a second, so it's not easy for one person given in system travel takes a decent amount of time.

Maybe you are looking for a Master Barnacle.

Something I think is worth a little think about is this: the two glyphs at the bottom left and right of the main UP image ( |.. and ..| ) are not aligned to the two at the top. The spacing between each component is wider. This suggests to me that they may be indicative of something else, rather than part of a 1,2,3,4 in binary. Any ideas?

Something I think is worth a little think about is this: the two glyphs at the bottom left and right of the main UP image ( |.. and ..| ) are not aligned to the two at the top. The spacing between each component is wider. This suggests to me that they may be indicative of something else, rather than part of a 1,2,3,4 in binary. Any ideas?

This has been mentioned before I and I do think it is overlooked. I personally don't think we have a satisfactory idea on what the symbols are yet.

That's true as far as it goes, although why are they doing that is an interesting question.

Michael

Because whoever are doing this are creating shells of ships that resemble ours, and our first encounters with aliens might have already happened, because they are flying ships that look the same as ours. Its a form of infiltration.

Because whoever are doing this are creating shells of ships that resemble ours, and our first encounters with aliens might have already happened, because they are flying ships that look the same as ours. Its a form of infiltration.

What was the name of that Diamondback at Obsidian again? Something like S1:6 wasn't it?

Followed up my idea of "missing" data in UP diagram to use as rosetta stone....
compared Merope%c planetary map with a more distant one

[url]https://uploadix.de/images/2016/08/15/compare.md.jpg[/url]

looks like the outer ring itself represents the top level system (in that case our galaxy) with three references 1. grav center = Sagitaruius A; 2. (small inwards) small Maghellan cloud? 3. small out large Maghellan cloud?
by this a precise ortientation grid would be given and meaning in diagram might be UA report was sent direction of small cloud and UP coming from large cloud

I like this thought, if the UPs are in Merope and in some localised area and not a "shell", then static reference points would be other stars and the image might be interpreted that way.

Following the theory that the UA's are intelligence gathering perhaps they need the stars gravity well to get the signal back home.

[edit]

I feel we need a sub forum for Canonn and within that separate threads for

Purpose of the UA/UE/Barnies
Function of the UA/UE/Barnies
Discussion on Spectal Image
Discussion on audio signal (chirps/honk/tubas)

Going along this line, other key reference stars might be the rest of the "seven sisters", the stars in the pleaides cluster?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom