UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
it may be spoilerific, but doing all this tin-foil investigation and dissecting everything is more fun than playing the game lol (I didn't mean that.. well, you know what i mean)

How did P get that ascii from the binary? all I get is gobbledegook, no matter now I transcribe it

Last edited:
About those amonia-based life forms..

Two aliens sitting together.
Suddenly one of them farts.
Cloud of pure oxygen shows up...
- Dude! Not while we are eating!

re clues you?ll need pre-logistics support in a system with one star, two belts,
It's a direct reply to those who asked for clues, methinks. One star, two belts. Get cracking.

That's definitive. The only unclear part is the '?'. Where the binary was hard to read, I brute forced the options to find the only match that made sense.

Method:
Each octet is a letter, standard binary encoding of text. The letters come in reverse order.

Last edited:
So, agreed that the transmission contains information comparing the target planet (where the UP was found) to Merope 5c in terms of surface temp, gravity, and radius. That much seems obvious at this point. But wouldn't the probe also need to tell Merope 5C where the target planet is? At minimum, I think it would need to convey a bearing and range from Merope to the target system (although what it would use as a reference point escapes me at the moment) and distance from the target planet to its sun (to identify the target planet within the target system).

the third one is this

.ht82 eht no snigeb tnuh T

n/.om dnif oT

n/.retnuh ytnuob a rof kool ,su dnif oT

Which is backwards!!! :D

T hunt Begins on the 28th.

to find mo./n
to find us, look for a bounty hunter./n

Last edited:
Put it through a binary converter and I got this text:

MVCBCDf.jpg

It's reversed, flipped the correct way it says: "Three rings and enough radiation to turn you green"

Hunt begins, start searching... sounds like a live event where people hunt devs for fancy prizes? Doesn't really look connected to the barnacles, UAs or UPs to me...

The nebula in the background is the California nebula as seen from certain stars in the P-Cluster. video 1 is up now rather than video 4 (though bit late) and shows a probe ;)

i am pretty sure it is the systems coordinates relative to their maker system ( same we do on our map)
It make logically NO sense if a probe transmits data of a system without telling where to find it Just the question how its coded?

Relative to Merope maybe? Anyone have the galactic co-ords of Merope and PLEIADES SECTOR KC-U B3-1 handy?

OKAY so the entire binary reads:

The hunt begins on the 28th.
To find us, look for a bounty hunter.
re clues: you'll need pre-logistics support in a system with one star, two belts, three rings and enough radiation to turn you green.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom