UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Which part?

Here's an ammonia molecule: http://all-len-all.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/ammonia-molecule-dr-tim-evans.jpg

I'm not really seeing that in the UP spectrogram.

this is more accurate:

8HQUsU2.jpg

Last edited:
  • Like (+1)
Reactions: ilo
The picture is getting better and better....now I really am curious.....damn those fuzzy lines.....I bet by late tonight we will have another 10 pages to read....damn my curiosity.

So, here's something I've been struggling with today. The UP transmission clearly prefaces each block of information (except the first) with a number, and these numbers handily enough go up from 1 to 4 as the transmission goes on, like so:

No preface, meaning unknown
1, surface temp ratio
2, gravity ratio
3, radius ratio
4, meaning unknown

But when we look at the spectrograph "key"
If I had to assign meaning to each of these quadrants, I would assign radius to the bottom right, temperature to the upper left, and gravity to the upper right. But the key numbers don't match the transmission prefaces for that information. Maybe I'm wrong about temperature and gravity, but radius seems pretty obvious.

Anyone have bright ideas about why this mismatch might be?

Do we have any reason to assume the diagram is related at all to the numbers?. That the line denotes radius is an assumption. It could equally well be a compass needle (pointing to known reference point, rather than 'North', Sag A being a possibility.

A Galnet article on generation ships? Not a coincidence, I think. The Pleiades is within plausible range for such a ship.

Yes, still a chance, it is not Thargoids/Aliens, but Humans coming home.
Might be that reason we have Morse in the UAs

Last edited:
So what was the probe (Looked Empirish) in the Passenger Video?

It seemed to be orbiting an Ammonia World at the very end of the video.

If this has been answered so far forgive me, this thread is going way to fast and I'm on the other side of the world to Gamescom.

during the livestream this morning they talked about it, hence why this probe is shown so clearly in the vid. but as I only listened with half an ear to it I can't remember what it was anymore.
wait till today's livestream is put online and then go through it.

If all this 'technology' is so old we are just finding leftovers, that would explain why there is nothing 'listening' on Merope..

I think the listening post is camouflaged & we haven't applied the UP key properly to unlock it yet (I hesitate to say it's not implemented yet, as I hate it when people have suggested that in the past, but that could be interpreted from MB's comment that "this is 2.2 stuff"). As an alternative to a camouflaged ship/base there is also a possibility that Merope5C is itself a Thargoid mothership & we have to unlock the entry port ("airammonia-lock"?)

Last edited:
It is a barnacle leaving the planet :D

Lol, here's one for ya. The barnacles are thargoid ships mostly buried and dormant/semi-dormant, or stasis/hibernation/metamorphosis or whatever they do.

The UAs are logging ships passing through for whatever reason, just keeping a log/monitoring technology progress/could even be a early warning system if a certain other species wandered through. Wasn't there said somewhere that there's more than one alien species?

The UPs are looking for more inhabital planets. Once a satisfactory number has been found/terraformed, a signal is sent back to M5c. Why M5c? Cause that's where the queen B is. They're insect right? Hive mind and all as I understand.

Meta alloys, any one ever watch Sea Quest back in the day? Remember the precious blue stones/gems that was found and all that fuss? Yup you got it, meta alloys=thargoid/goid-tech poo. Gotta toss in goid-tech as its biological too right? Or it could be a combination of both.

In all seriousness though, this is definitely got my curiosity. Drew did day to use this time until 2.2 to get really friendly with the engineers. So whatever it is...not good for us, and no matter what, I think this and the rift mystery is somehow related or intertwined.

@Michael Brookes I would like to take this time while the thread has sort of calmed down xD to say a big thank you to you and the whole of the ED Dev team on behalf of myself and the community for giving us such a gripping, fun, interactive, and puzzling storyline. It's one of few games that I know to give the community so much attention and to be working close with them, Thank you :)

Seconded!

Well, greetings from scenic Jaques Station, everyone. I really picked the wrong moment to fly out here...

Couldn't agree more - almost there myself! Look out for CMDR Gomabri Noah in a beat up (unless support come through with a fix for my module degrading bug) Diamondback Scout.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom