UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Looking at the image below gave me a scary thought.. What if the central 3 frames compose a time sequence, a warning.

The left-most image has a stylised image representing perhaps a UA (symbol bottom right)
The middle image shows what seems to be a planet.
The right most image still shows the UA (bottom right) brought together with the planet; now distorted, or destroyed..

Dun dun dunnnnn....

Not entirely serious, but still...

given that UAs are found in a shell 135-150LY around Merope, that would imply they were launch from everywhere outside of that range.

It makes much more sense that they either came from Merope, or that they came from some other, unknown (omg it works on so many levels!), place and they somehow dropped into these systems and stayed there to mark Merope in some way.

I've long been a proponent of the idea that they came from Merope. Which could of course be wrong - they might simply have been stationed there.

But I don't think they're heading there, though - because I think they'd have got there if they're able to spread themselves across 3,800,00LY3 of space.

Does make me think, though...

Where was that first free floater found again?

HR 1185 by an xbox player !

I'm starting to think the barnacles are transmitting, and the UP/UA are receiving and sending their data on elsewhere. The image is the location of the next link in the data chain.

you can scan barnacle and get data, still not sure what that data is?????
Is it data about the barnacle created by your scan or is it data stored on the barnacle that you download?[alien][alien]

But if they are representing the hydrogen line then why use seconds? The Voyager Golden Record's signal is "expressed in time units of 0.70 billionths of a second, the time period associated with a fundamental transition of the hydrogen atom." It seems dumb to, on the one hand, encode the value of the hydrogen line—but on the other hand, encode it using seconds: a fundamentally human unit of measure that is arbitrary.

I.e. saying there is a 1.420-second gap somewhere does not seem to be relevant unless the sender was human.

But 1.420 seconds could be 1 /Gigafrazzle in the alien language. It's a ratio, is all. The hydrogen line frequency (we represent as ~1420Mhz) is measured in "some number of cycles per some time period" (in our case 1420 million cycles [and the cycle is the base unit here really] per our time unit of seconds.

If they have other numerical units (base-8, base-10, whatever) and provide a gap that is some integer multiple of the CYCLE rate, we will see it here as some multiple of 1420Mhz - the "Cycles/Time" is the base time unit - we just have a convention the unit of time we're talking about is seconds, and that 1420 million cycles of the hydrogen-energy state transition frequency happen in that amount of our time.

given that UAs are found in a shell 135-150LY around Merope, that would imply they were launch from everywhere outside of that range.

It makes much more sense that they either came from Merope, or that they came from some other, unknown (omg it works on so many levels!), place and they somehow dropped into these systems and stayed there to mark Merope in some way.

I've long been a proponent of the idea that they came from Merope. Which could of course be wrong - they might simply have been stationed there.

But I don't think they're heading there, though - because I think they'd have got there if they're able to spread themselves across 3,800,00LY3 of space.

Does make me think, though...

Where was that first free floater found again?

The first free floater UA was found in HR 1185 (Xbox player!): VERY CLOSE TO MEROPE.
That's why I've always thought they STARTED from Merope, and then expanded.

They were deployed in Merope, to start a search.

You know, I hope solved puzzle give us something interesting and awesome in game lore. I will be frustruated if key will be just something like secret base without tasks or lost probe from early Earth times.

Perhaps another Idea. I've noticed that Merope 5 is the only one that doesn't have a B planet. It goes from Merope 5a to 5c, where is Merope 5b perhaps it is a hidden planet and the map leads to this planet. Either way it just seemed weird that it was the only one I know of that didn't go in alphabetical order with it's moons. Maybe we should go out and see if we can find anything that isn't being picked up by our ADS

The first free floater UA was found in HR 1185 (Xbox player!): VERY CLOSE TO MEROPE.
That's why I've always thought they STARTED from Merope, and then expanded.

They were deployed in Merope, to start a search.

Out of the black hole perhaps

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Perhaps another Idea. I've noticed that Merope 5 is the only one that doesn't have a B planet. It goes from Merope 5a to 5c, where is Merope 5b perhaps it is a hidden planet and the map leads to this planet. Either way it just seemed weird that it was the only one I know of that didn't go in alphabetical order with it's moons. Maybe we should go out and see if we can find anything that isn't being picked up by our ADS

Emmm it does have a B planet i suggest you scan again :p

Do not know if this is mentioned before, but could the UP be the key for the Triton Permit in SOL? Why else close down a whole moon? I also, and correct me if I am wrong, strongly believe triton was NOT permit locked before 2.1, or not landable at all.

Last edited:
That's right! Cheers guys.

I remember it being an XBoxer - I always take great pleasure in pointing that out to XBoxers who join up and say 'I don't know what I can do to help' :)

Nice to be able to give some belief!

Ill find a link and post it when I have a moment but I believe it's in this very thread already. He said that yes, there are alien ships in the game and that he cant believe they haven't been found yet.

Kerrash saying he thinks something is in the game is quite different from FDev confirming it. Yes it's already been posted.

Do not know if this is mentioned before, but could the UP be the key for the Triton Permit in SOL? Why else close down a whole moon? I also, and correct me if I am wrong, strongly believe triton was NOT permit locked before 2.1, or not landable at all.

Iv taught this myself. However im sure it was stated that no permits where require to join the mystery or solve it for that matter much like the rift hunt

I was thinking at the MOON, to be honest.

After all the UP likes to sing-a at the moon-a. Very easy to HONK at it.

you can scan barnacle and get data, still not sure what that data is?????
Is it data about the barnacle created by your scan or is it data stored on the barnacle that you download?[alien][alien]

Has anyone Honked a probe whilst carrying the Barnacle data package?

But 1.420 seconds could be 1 /Gigafrazzle in the alien language. It's a ratio, is all. The hydrogen line frequency (we represent as ~1420Mhz) is measured in "some number of cycles per some time period" (in our case 1420 million cycles [and the cycle is the base unit here really] per our time unit of seconds.

If they have other numerical units (base-8, base-10, whatever) and provide a gap that is some integer multiple of the CYCLE rate, we will see it here as some multiple of 1420Mhz - the "Cycles/Time" is the base time unit - we just have a convention the unit of time we're talking about is seconds, and that 1420 million cycles of the hydrogen-energy state transition frequency happen in that amount of our time.

Agreed. If it DID break evenly into seconds it would indicate human origin. If they understood us well enough to understand the unit of seconds then they could have communicated in a human language.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom