UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Me too, this was not just a casual event that no one noticed :)

Always thought there was more to this story, the location is odd you would think that it would be on a line between where he started and the destination but he off to one side.

Last edited:
We are currently being bombarded with clues about possible aliens. Both in game and from FD, directly.

I'm so so happy, actually, Han_Zen, you have enlightened me!!

So, Don't worry guys, we got this. You know pleiades is full of capital ships right now? and the Federation took over it like there was no tomorrow? and then we have these aliens coming to Pleiades? Don't get the messages wrong!

They are coming to help us, they will wipe out the Federation outposts, they will blow up their capital ships and all the Feds around and will make the universe a better place for all.

Can't wait for them to come and join them!!

This is Mary. Mary only arrived in the Pleiades Sector IH-V C2-5 system today. I'm a liberal man, but Mary scares me. But not as much as Elvira Martuuk scares me...

Surely the disturbing effect this system is having on Mary is another mystery the Canonn should investigate? /s
http://i.imgur.com/dpz2zNp.png

Careful CMDRs, the radiation here must be really intense!

Have you never heard of the Johnny Cash song "a boy named Sue":)

To SEE the supernova, sure. I'm no physicist but I believe some forms of radiation can travel faster than light. This could mean the Pleiades could TURN blue, but you wouldn't actually SEE Merope as a supernova for years and years, unless you were in Merope itself.

PLEASE correct me if I am wrong, science people. I'm just guessing at this.
Nope, nothing travels faster then light, even gravitational changes do - thats why they some month ago first time were able to actually measure a gravitational wave (yet another interesting topic :) )

Oh thank God. I was worried I was going to be 'right enough' that people would ask more of me. :D

Indeed, but it is understandable if you were thinking of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faster-than-light_neutrino_anomaly

However, mistakes had been made and the conclusions were proved incorrect not too long afterwards.

I do remember being very excited by it at the time though (even though I was fairly certain it would be proven wrong).

Also, I will add that with the expansion of the universe space at certain distances could be considered to be moving faster than light relatively to us, even though the expansion or real movement is not that fast.

Or you could be thinking of tachyons, which are entirely speculative.

Last edited:
I'm so so happy, actually, Han_Zen, you have enlightened me!!

So, Don't worry guys, we got this. You know pleiades is full of capital ships right now? and the Federation took over it like there was no tomorrow? and then we have these aliens coming to Pleiades? Don't get the messages wrong!

They are coming to help us, they will wipe out the Federation outposts, they will blow up their capital ships and all the Feds around and will make the universe a better place for all.

Can't wait for them to come and join them!!

Did you see Alec's post? https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...nonn/page796?p=4400982&viewfull=1#post4400982

Have you seen those USS's where Rescue1 says: 'There were over 300 people onboard. Keep searching'?

They are not coming, they are already here.[alien]

ill check out hip 17583 in the next few hours

short hint - HIP 17583 was just an example.
BUT take a screenshot before U go there, another one when U arrived, and with MS Paint measure the distance of paralax movement of the marekd stars.
Then U calculate with the distance in the video and should get an idea in which area the LINE OF VIEW is placed. Then just follow that line towards or away from the nebula until U find matching systems

ill check out hip 17583 in the next few hours

u guys realise we are having problems locating a barnacle by its coordinates.. and you are on the hunt for something that could be around 30ly if you manage to get even that close, and that includes any crater in any planet in there?

Not sure. All i know he mentiond you can find them via tip offs or luck. everyone started calling it the scout. Also i think it was the thing that was shown at the games com stream. the one that looked crashed on the planet.

so, it first looked like a risen barnacle (despite they have been destroyed several times) and then people was drawing pictures about possible folding legs etc.. and turned out it was known long it is a scout??

you guys are really confused or take any straw you see floating around :/
edit: or both

Last edited:
Speaking of, anyone had a tipoff recently?

I found one by accident while doing a skimmer mission, but no actual messages. I've done 70-odd missions in two days.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom