UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I don't know if we are going to find barnacles but my day is better when a read those theories.

Thanks a lot for the effort on it!!

Have a good hunting day and Fly Safe out there.

Alright I am on Maia A 7 at the bottom of a mountain and found a very hostile base apparently owned by the Ant Hill Mob.
There's def turrets ( at least 2 ) and a few guardians that I could tell ( didn't see sentries ).
There isn't any red zone, they just started shooting missiles straight out and are now trying to laser stuff in the sky non stop even though there's nothing.

Is this worth investigating at all?
View attachment 94249

Edit: Just heard explosions and they stopped shooting at the invisible flying things.
I've seen this happen before one or two times, and my personal guess is that for some reason the skimmers and turrets don't share the same faction and start fighting each other.

Also I once picked a fight with a high security base which had the AA gatling turrets, one of the few AA defenses that are actually dangerous, the triple AA laser turrets are meh, even my Asp can blow them up before the shields get half down, anyways that base had the mentioned dangerous turrets and a goliath, and that attack run made me aware of how much damage it's missles can do to even ships.
So I ended up hiding below all of their firing lines (it was located on a kinda hill slope) and the goliath kept nuking me, or rather, trying to even when he couldn't see me.
And I guess he started damaging the turrets as a bit later the turrets started shooting around with me being the only ship nearby, and then they stopped, and when I looked at the goliath again was his hull a tad lower than before, and several turrets were damaged or blown up.

Aaanyways, as for my personal theory of barnacle prefered planets: going with what was more or less gathered so far will I focus on rocky planets with 1.1~1.5g that have misty craters.
Rocky because someone mentioned that normal barnacles like them rocks so why not.
1.1 ~ 1.5g because the traction thrusters in the trailer point slightly down, so it's more that 1g yet they aren't fully 45deg down which I had on Maia's 1.96g planet, so less than that.
Misty craters because that trailers corner might as well sit right inside one.

I had just finished messing around with planetary missions in Cubeo. I couldn't finish it so I abandoned the mission and started exiting the planet but got distracted by reddit. Couple minutes later, I check back on Elite and I got a notification, the Eye with that message.

I had a couple of these in the beta, just missions I accepted from the bulletin board. I think they were a bit bugged back then though as they kept repeating the message each time I changed instance.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=195658&page=251&p=3208837#post3208837

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Maybe the Canonn should put out a call on Galnet, asking for some on the (NPC) pilots who have seen these things to come forward with a LITTLE more detail. For example, knowing we can spot them from orbit, or need to be in flight or lower, or knowing if they show in an SRV's scanners would be huge. It's a little silly we don't even know HOW to look.

That's not a bad idea.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Why is there a reddit post from only 2 months ago on a hockey sub with the EXACT wording of that log entry?? https://www.reddit.com/r/losangeles..._are_celebrating_a_year_together_in_a/cwmb7pf

Its the same as the Log Entry https://i.imgur.com/7Hl7i9R.jpg

That's very interesting. Is FD trawling Reddit for stuff to put into these strange messages?

Maybe could this mean that they only spawn when you're in a SRV? If that person who said they found one and died on Pleione 6 is telling the trust.

Maybe could this mean that they only spawn when you're in a SRV? If that person who said they found one and died on Pleione 6 is telling the trust.

Really just sounds like the exploding SRV bug to me. Person reporting it doesn't really seem to understand non persistent PoIs and he didn't get coords of where he exploded, just where his ship was after he exploded. I doubt it'll lead to anything much.

Reporting in from 34.0432 118.2672 on Pleione 6 - There was a wreck with a large number of sentries nearby, but nothing else of immediate interest at the coordinates.

on 34.04 -118.3 nothing of manually placed... A small crater and a plain all around. no POIs

Not sure why you wanted positive on one and negative on the other, the original post about that was positive on both. I checked both negative and both positive, nothing.

Morning, still no Joy then.

I have to say the description "Common in certain regions of space" is complete and utter poppycock!

If 500+ commanders searching the region can't find 1 Barnacle then they are NOT Common at all! Also if they do grow/form in the right conditions then one would expect at least a quarter of a planet's surface to be covered in them.

Yep, I'm frustrated at the way this is panning out, so far there are Zero clues in-game, even the Meta Alloy description does not give any real detail, not even a color or size.

Poppycock I tell ya... Poppycock!
/poppycock

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom