UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Conclusion: RNGesus has forsaken us.... I've played many games with a 0.01 drop rate on items...someone should have found one by now/find something soon or I'm betting this is bugged...not giving up though just seems odd not one has been found yet... *slinks back to cockpit
I suspect their rarity is to counter the hand placed ones. Once they are discovered everyone will know where to look, that might be why the random ones are so rare.

gents if I was to go out tonight scouring planets for these barnacle things...are they the green glowing things we see in the horizons trailer?...
someone kindly tell me whats the best system to have a gander at?

gents if I was to go out tonight scouring planets for these barnacle things...are they the green glowing things we see in the horizons trailer?...

Assumambly yes.

someone kindly tell me whats the best system to have a gander at?

A lot of people thinks (and not without a reason) that it should be Merope. However, a lot of CMDRs have been looking for barnicles there, to no avail. Personally, I searched for couple of days in Pleiades, but decided to move elsewhere as I had an idea that it might be somewhere else after all. See my previous post.

-v

NecoMachina

N
Yes, at this point we need some tangible clues, I agree.
If MB is not ready to give out more clues yet, i for one would at least appreciate a solid assurance that someone from FDev have tested both the hand-placed and random POI barnacles and that they are not causing crashes or have incorrect filenames or whatever.

Hey Guys,
Relatively new to the whole searching for things in ED Business, and read the first 3ish pages of this thread, the rest is a case of "Do you really expect me to f'n read all that‽".
And with that in mind, I was curious if anyone had gone ahead and taken the "Check out the seven sisters" with a grain of salt? Not a "I dont believe you" grain, but a grain that consists of similarities to the seven sisters, for example, it is said that the Orion Constellation hunts the seven sisters, has anyone compiled a list of stars that could conceivably overlap in lists of stars that make up the orion constellation and stars that exist within the pleiades? There also is the case of the fact that he could also be aluding to stars within the orion nebula, which isnt too far out from the pleiades. These are just thoughts from someone in the CSI-20- (some numbers that I cant remember) system. Speaking of, found some weird things in it's only landable planet, no green alien-like structures yet, but, surprisingly, a large amount of randomly crushed/exploded cargo pods with some mechanical things where the middle should be. But alas, Ill keep looking.

They are stars but they look all messed up due to the brightness and gamma being turned all the way up on that image.
No the stars, the solid object on the left side of the picture that looks like the side of "piramide"

Another shipwreck I'd assume.
Mmmm, a shipwreck that is at least twice bigger then the SRV, also the dead ship there looks no that damaged

We should treat this search like the time of real world 'age of exploration'. We are essentially looking for house sized needles in a haystack of galactic proportions. Just like the explorers of the old world were out looking for things on rumours and a hunch.

I actually really enjoy the extremely speculative nature of the adventure we are having, relying on the flimsiest of clues and tinfoil hat theories.

I, personally, treat it like the hunt for the holy grail. I probably will never find it but what if I do?

So, more clues would be better to cut down on the time requirement a little since we all have real lives outside of the game but still, too much would seriously detract from the scale and the immersion of the hunt for the impossible itself (I know I'm not normal though so I can be the exception here).

Who wants MB give us some other clue, reply to this post writing:
I want more clues!
Do we really need another 10 pages of spam ?
I dont want more, but I am off on DWE later, so I wouldn't appreciate them anyway.
I am sure we will get some if we need them, but we dont, this search is STILL nothing compared to the 1st UA hunt.

Hello everyone! I’m kind of new to the whole world of Elite, but I must say that I love so much where and how this game going. Let me be clear, I personally sure that we all became a witnesses of an alien invasion. But not this clumsy ridiculous and pathetic invasions with some giant alien ships jumping out of nowhere shooting lasers pew pew pew, “the Universe at danger!!!” and this kind of stuff from other games. No. The smart one, with many thoughtful stages. How do I see this?

1. Stage one: Infiltration. Their agents are among us. Look, death and disappearance of the many main political figures, discovering some strange parasite at nerve centre that is look harmless for now, but then the phage plague.
  2. Stage two: Reconnaissance. Unknown Artifacts for me are clearly the recon probes, that were launched to scan future arrival area. They scan all the nearby objects and send the image of it.
  3. Stage three: Ground base preparation. They need some sort of launch base for future operations. So now its Large Barnacles work to prepare the suitable world or maybe a necessary amount of meta-alloys.
  4. Stage four: ???

So with all this in mind I tried to concentrate all my thoughts and my guess in one image:

---
BARNACLES INFO.jpg

---

So what I tried to say is…Elite is one of few if not the only one game that makes my think, learn and even dream. The trill, intrigue, mysteries, and even community are just amazing. Thank you so much for that feeling!

And sorry for long post and bad English.

Assumambly yes.

A lot of people thinks (and not without a reason) that it should be Merope. However, a lot of CMDRs have been looking for barnicles there, to no avail. Personally, I searched for couple of days in Pleiades, but decided to move elsewhere as I had an idea that it might be somewhere else after all. See my previous post.

-v

After the latest MB comments, Merope is no more on top of the list.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=222049&page=185&p=3409375#post3409375

No the stars, the solid object on the left side of the picture that looks like the side of "piramide"

Mmmm, a shipwreck that is at least twice bigger then the SRV, also the dead ship there looks no that damaged

Looks like a piece of hull, and only appears bigger because it's closer to the "camera". Pesky little thing that, perspective, it can skew quite a few things.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom