UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I just entered the game at Obsidian Orbital, Probably everyone is aware, but the griefer blockade is still going on. I've had to exit the game and re-enter in solo mode. Otherwise there's no way my Cobra MkIV would make it much farther than the mail slot.

Be careful out there Cmdrs.

I just entered the game at Obsidian Orbital, Probably everyone is aware, but the griefer blockade is still going on. I've had to exit the game and re-enter in solo mode. Otherwise there's no way my Cobra MkIV would make it much farther than the mail slot.

I've got my Cobra III the top thrusters, so it was just a case of choosing an opportune moment and boosting out the letterbox - I was gone before they could even target me - coming back in is a bit tougher mind!

lots of us playing in the mobius private group ATM

lots of us playing in the mobius private group ATM

Thankfully I went back to civ space and switched out for a DBS stealth build just before the blockade started - good luck getting me when you've got no idea where I am and have a pitch black skin to match the background lol

You know, I don't like being negative but to hear that a certain POI is a bit 'crashy' really does not help our cause.

I have found every single type of POI many many times, apart from the Barnacle of course. I have also found 3 crashes at a POI site of which never appeared. Including one which caused my ship to 'ping' inside the planet.

From reading the threadnought it seems I'm not alone in this experience, in fact I would go as far as to say crashing is (QUOTE) "exceedingly rare" (/QUOTE)

I'll leave it there

• Like (+1)
Reactions: jgm
You know, I don't like being negative but to hear that a certain POI is a bit 'crashy' really does not help our cause.

I have found every single type of POI many many times, apart from the Barnacle of course. I have also found 3 crashes at a POI site of which never appeared. Including one which caused my ship to 'ping' inside the planet.

From reading the threadnought it seems I'm not alone in this experience, in fact I would go as far as to say crashing is (QUOTE) "exceedingly rare" (/QUOTE)

I'll leave it there

Pleone 3 A is really bad for getting your ship stuck inside - I think it's because the craters are so deep

Hi cmdrs, been reading this threat and got idea :S
first of all - astronomy and stars - not my cup of tea, sorry

conditions for barnacles to thrive
1. nebulae
2. ?
3. ?...

if barnacles are live, I could make presumption - it needs billions years to evolve, for one generation to grow should be - few hundred or thousand years (may be million or few, have no idea :rolleyes:)

1. pleyades nebulae is good place to find barnacles
2. nebulae good conditions for barnacles to thrive
3. 7 sisters stars do not belong to nebulae, it just hapened they are in the same location in the galaxy

conclusion:

most of cmdrs looking in wrong place - we should to look in star systems who belongs to pleyades nebulae, has relations to it - older = better

sorry for my english, hope some people who know astronomy could understand my writings and guide to right systems

thanks o7
Saulius

Last edited:
Bright spot spotted... I'm going in....

going_in.jpg

[Edit] Bloom'in mining :/

Last edited:
I've got my Cobra III the top thrusters, so it was just a case of choosing an opportune moment and boosting out the letterbox - I was gone before they could even target me - coming back in is a bit tougher mind!

Nice escape caffeinefueled! I would have tried the same, but unfortunately after they killed me yesterday I don't have money for another rebuy. I'll go back to open once I have the creds to recover my ship.

Good luck Cmdr!

Can you give us the approximate coordinates on this planet?

I know the pulsing noise you're referring to. I first heard it while experimenting with a UA on Merope 1 A iirc. Just recording sound and it was early on in my experiments so I didn't pay much mind to it. After figuring out that was the only time I heard such a noise I went back to the same spot but couldn't find anything.

I think there might be something to this pulsing noise.

EDIT: whoops, not the post I intended to reply to, but somewhat relevant at least

Last edited:
OMG I left this thread this morning at 190ish pages! I think we will never find any barnacle untill we are focused on the threadnought XD

*turns on ED client*

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom