UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 6 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Question? Do barnicale sites on different planet types produce different rare materials? ??

Someone made a comprehensive analysis of this, and had all of the data charted out in an easy to understand way. Different planetary barnacles produce a different set of rare, and very rare elements for syntheses.

Are barnacles only found in class B star systems? MB did say they are found on nebulae (nebula plural), and that some were placed at random and some fixed. Been to Barnard's and Lagoon searching planets for barnacles, but very time consuming, especially having to check all POIs with the 2k limit. The only data which I have been using to narrow my search in selecting planets has been the temperature based on the barnacle located at Merope 5c.

Has anyone tried bumping a UA past the ship boundary into the black hole in Maia for science?

Yes, many times. Myself included.

Are barnacles only found in class B star systems? MB did say they are found on nebulae (nebula plural), and that some were placed at random and some fixed. Been to Barnard's and Lagoon searching planets for barnacles, but very time consuming, especially having to check all POIs with the 2k limit. The only data which I have been using to narrow my search in selecting planets has been the temperature based on the barnacle located at Merope 5c.

No, not only B stars.

Just seen this when coming in to Maia, anyone know what it is? It looked like it was spewing out some kind of dust.

2016-02-05_00003.jpg

How do we know that?

It was in one of MB's dev updates around October 12th.

Michael Brookes said:
Putting on my story hat for a moment the sharp eyed amongst you have noticed a story in GalNet about ‘The Missing’. In brief The Missing is an encompassing term for everyone who has disappeared without trace in deep space. This includes colonists on the ancient generation ships, lost colonies, disappeared scientific expeditions and a host of others. Some will know from our timeline that many thousands of ‘generation ships’ left the safety of Earth beginning in the 24th century onwards, and headed out into what was then largely unknown – with just some data from probes to guide them. The process was completely unregulated, and many were not as well prepared as they should have been. In those days when faster-than-light communication didn’t exist, many of these potential settlers faced terrible risks alone, travelling thousands of light years into the black, not unlike the wagon trains that set out across continental US in the 18th and 19th centuries before them. Not all were successful at founding new worlds. Most were not. Some managed to return with tails of their adventures. Some were lost in deep space, the dead hulk of their ship carrying on an almost endless trajectory ever deeper into space. Others managed to land and survived for many decades before being overtaken by some local disaster. Some may still be alive, just restricted to low power light speed communications, or no comms at all, as their equipment has failed over the centuries in between. We say they have disappeared without trace, but just maybe some will find some traces of them that are still out there…

The plight of The Missing is just one of the things that will become more prominent over the coming year and the Commanders of the Pilots Federation will be pivotal in solving these mysteries. You can expect more news on this soon!

Thanks

Michael

Emphasis mine.

New GalNet article...

...in Spanish language.

"Noticias de la comunidad: Nuevos avistamientos de la Diamondback"
https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/56b490409657ba0564c00375

Noticias de la comunidad: Nuevos avistamientos de la Diamondback

06 FEB 3302

Tras el informe de Obsidian Orbital emitido hace unos días en el que se informaba de una Diamondback Explorer que fue observada escaneando la estación, han empezado a aparecer más noticias de avistamientos. Un piloto llamado Comandante Doumaz_B afirmó:

"Acabo de ver una de esas extrañas Diamondbacks dando vueltas en círculo en torno a Zenbei Orbital en Vaka. Estaba volando lateralmente, encarando siempre a la estación y no tenía ninguna señal que poder fijar. Intenté seguirla en mi Correo Imperial pero era demasiado rápida. La seguí por unos momentos y de repente... desapareció".

La mayoría de los avisos de avistamiento son obviamente falsos, pero algunos de ellos podrían ser legítimos. La brevedad de estos elusivos encuentros y la falta de datos verídicos hacen difícil atribuir esa nave a ninguna organización conocida.

A la vista de estos avisos, muchos sistemas han decidido poner sus fuerzas de seguridad en alerta.

Comandante Corrigendum

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom