UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 6 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I have a decent theroy on where the UPs would be... I cant say alot about the theroy because the fourm rules forbid me. But.

I beillive (and i could be wrong) there is a crashed alien ship on a planet somewhere. and it has the unknown probe inside it? maybe next to it? Like the barnacles with the condas. When people find crashed condas there is usually a barnacle next to it.

My guess is that we need to find Jaques station out there somewhere...

The UA has been taken to SAG A and it pointed to Merope and morsed the ship that jettisoned it as usual.
The UA has been taken to Voyager 2 already, after 1.4, and it pointed to Merope and morsed the ship that jettisoned it as usual.

That said, you can do it again, but do not expect too much from it.

But equipping a CRCR and always holding an UA while travelling and doing everything, could be a thing to reveal something: while doing the usual common things (exploring, fighting, entering USSs, mining and so on). Something unexpected could show up eventually.

I have been thinking. If you take an UA really close to a black hole, where the light is bended and Merope is on the other side of the black hole... Would the UA point at the proper location of Merope or the distorded one from the black hole.
Also The missing station, if they don't know where they are... They could use UAS as a compass. That is if the UAS still point at Merope from the location they are at.

I have been thinking. If you take an UA really close to a black hole, where the light is bended and Merope is on the other side of the black hole... Would the UA point at the proper location of Merope or the distorded one from the black hole.
Also The missing station, if they don't know where they are... They could use UAS as a compass. That is if the UAS still point at Merope from the location they are at.

... thats...a really good idea.

Wait... What ?

He's talking about the post limit.

It's okay, we all know Yaffle has it covered - or 'on it like a car bonnet' I believe would be appropriate:)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

If unknown probes are planet bound, then idea: Barnacles are genetically engineered (as confirmed by DBOBE) from the same stock as unknown probes and artefacts - with the probes actually having been discovered first by whoever engineered the barnacles?

Have found 3 barnacle locations in California Sector BA-A e6.
They are located on planet 4.

37.9339 -40.4353
34.832 -40.392
30.5814 -66.2712

http://imgur.com/gallery/bQqgT

The system also has a water world and a Ammonia world.

Perhaps we should keep an eye on Ammonia worlds in California sector?

If it is true that FD have chosen the 'Bomb Thargoid home world with Mycoid++' ending to FFE, that home world is Miackce.

Miackce was an unexplored system in FFE with a Thargid station, orbiting a Planet(probably Ammonia).

Miackce was in sector 37,144 - abot 1000ly from the bubble. California sector is the best match in both distance and position of our 'candidates'.

I have tried to project the systems in ED in about the same plane as the coordinate system in FFE. This does not quite fit as we have a full 3D galaxy now, but it looks relatively similar.

QjSiUXP.png

The ideal geometrical position for Miackce would be straight up from Merope, somewhere in Wredguia Sector perhaps?

California Sector is at least about the right region and perfect distance.

Perhaps we should keep an eye on Ammonia worlds in California sector?

If it is true that FD have chosen the 'Bomb Thargoid home world with Mycoid++' ending to FFE, that home world is Miackce.

Miackce was an unexplored system in FFE with a Thargid station, orbiting a Planet(probably Ammonia).

Miackce was in sector 37,144 - abot 1000ly from the bubble. California sector is the best match in both distance and position of our 'candidates'.

I have tried to project the systems in ED in about the same plane as the coordinate system in FFE. This does not quite fit as we have a full 3D galaxy now, but it looks relatively similar.

The ideal geometrical position for Miackce would be straight up from Merope, somewhere in Wredguia Sector perhaps?

California Sector is at least about the right region and perfect distance.

Have you accounted for the axis rotation between E: D and earlier versions? I remember someone mentioning the axes don't match up.
no time to look it up now...

I have a decent theroy on where the UPs would be... I cant say alot about the theroy because the fourm rules forbid me. But.

Or, in other words, you've been looking in the game files? Please stop doing that, it just isn't cricket. Besides, the more you do it the more likely FD are to put red herrings in there - if they haven't already (I know I would have by now).

--

I had an interesting thought about UAs and what happens when they decay:

Firstly, is it still theorised that the damage caused by the UA to our ships is due to their self-repair mechanisms at work? And that meta-alloys somehow 'block' this repair process? If so, what happens if you scoop a dying UA into a ship with CRCR? Will it continue to decay in your cargo hold, unable to repair itself? And if so, what happens when it pops?

It's probably not a thing, but shouldn't be too difficult to test.

If unknown probes are planet bound, then idea: Barnacles are genetically engineered (as confirmed by DBOBE) from the same stock as unknown probes and artefacts - with the probes actually having been discovered first by whoever engineered the barnacles?
I wouldn't rule out UPs being in a USS in the right area of space. I know why people are "Suggesting" they're probably planetary, and I hate to break it to them, but this is what they're thinking of, and it's been in the game since 2.0
23984D42271CBF957F4FD23726CC6A32F60737BC

Sigh... more people on my ignore list.
"I am doing X because I have read it in the game files, but I am not telling you what I found to get around your stupid rules"
is as bad as
"I have found X in the game files"

Play the game, and stop spoiling peoples fun.

This is exactly the point of this post. Even if it was within game/forum rules, it's a poor science. Unfortunately it's hard to explain *and* prove to people why it's bad without actually doing it myself. Needless to say I can definitely prove to some of those claims:
1. They're absolutely wrong in some cases
2. By claiming fact from filenames you read, you're poisoning existing knowledge.

Nobody is really going to stop you doing it, but unless you can actually back up anything with solid in-game results (in which case, shame on you in the first place) just keep it to yourself.

Last edited:
Have you accounted for the axis rotation between E: D and earlier versions? I remember someone mentioning the axes don't match up.
no time to look it up now...

Yes, but it a course approximation. What We have from FFE, is that Achenar (0.-4), Sol (0,0), Alioth (0,4) and Polaris (0,76) are all on the X axis. I start by lining them up vertically. Then we have the Pleiades(37,37) to get about the right rotation. Doing it this way, I don't worry about the ED axis system at all.

Basically the ED axis system is aligned to the galaxy and the FE2/FFE axis system is aligned to earth (Polaris is straight up on X axis). The two systems don't match at all.

(Deleted because people dont like me looking in to files.- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -
Yes, but it a course approximation. What We have from FFE, is that Achenar (0.-4), Sol (0,0), Alioth (0,4) and Polaris (0,76) are all on the X axis. I start by lining them up vertically. Then we have the Pleiades(37,37) to get about the right rotation. Doing it this way, I don't worry about the ED axis system at all.Basically the ED axis system is aligned to the galaxy and the FE2/FFE axis system is aligned to earth (Polaris is straight up on X axis). The two systems don't match at all.
I still think the probe is in merope. but if its like a voyager probe it must of been launched from somewhere... has anyone tried SCing towards Polaris and see if they come across a Static USS?

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom