UAs, Barnacles & other mysteries Thread 7 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Yep. Opposite direction on the GP. Seriously... just go have a look. Its easier that way.

Even if you are correct, what is the relevance? I mean, forgive me if it is something obvious I am missing but why is it even important?

Last edited:
Seriously, I get it.
M5C's current orbit happens to align with the GP.

Now visualize this:
- How does that orbital alignment change as M5 and M6 orbit their centre of mass.
- How does that orbital alignment change as M5 / M6 orbit Merope along an orbital path that we don't even know.

Also, look up Miterrand Hollow on Youtube and tell me why it's parent planet is moving so fast around and around when they are supposed to be tidally locked to each other.

Um... you know its already well established that the astrophysics of the Elite Dangerous galaxy makes no sense, right? I mean, just look at the stars, their shapes, their rotation rates, the lack of anything approximating well known, and in some cases very basic, astrophysical phenomena - e.g. no elliptical orbits (stunning in its absence!), stupidly close binary stars, no proto-planetary disks, no stellar winds, stellar flares and ejection events, no accretion disks, no pulsars, no Roche lobe gravitational overflow. Hell, even the black holes - the simplest objects in the universe, don't lens foreground photons, only background ones.

I wouldn't rely on any apparent weirdness or pattern in the orbital or astrophysical properties of the Merope plants as indicative of anything important or 'very careful calculation' from FD....
\rantover

Last edited:
Um... you know its already well established that the astrophysics of the Elite Dangerous galaxy makes no sense, right? I mean, just look at the stars, their shapes, their rotation rates, the lack of anything approximating well known, and in some cases very basic, astrophysical phenomona - e.g. eliptical orbits (!), stupidly close binary stars, no protoplanetary disks, no stellar winds, stellar flares and ejection events, no accretion disks, no pulsars, no roche lobe gravitational overflow. Hell, even the black holes - the simplest objects in the universe, don't lens foreground photons, only background ones.

I wouldn't rely on any apparent weirdness or pattern in the orbital or astrophysical properties of the Merope plants as indicative of anything important or 'very careful calculation' from FD....
\rantover

Absolutely agree. Pet theories are hard to shift, even when they defy real and ED' faux physics ;)

Seriously, I get it.
M5C's current orbit happens to align with the GP.

Now visualize this:
- How does that orbital alignment change as M5 and M6 orbit their centre of mass.
- How does that orbital alignment change as M5 / M6 orbit Merope along an orbital path that we don't even know.

Also, look up Miterrand Hollow on Youtube and tell me why it's parent planet is moving so fast around and around when they are supposed to be tidally locked to each other.

Mitterrand hollow is only tidally locked to its planet, not to each other. So the same side should always face its parent planet, like our moon
It does seem to be wrong as its orbital period is 0.0 days and it rotational period is 0.1 days, both should be the same for it to be tidally locked to its parent ...... I think :eek:

Yep. Opposite direction on the GP. Seriously... just go have a look. Its easier that way.

There is a bit of confusion here, because of terminology.

The Galactic plane you are referring to, is not the galactic plane as such. It is a plane made up by a line (the band of stars in the galaxy disk) and a point (Merope 5). Merope 5c will orbit approximately in this plane (the other moons does not). I think it's about 5° of, but that's just my crude observation. It will stay more or less in that plane, tidal lock or not.

If you were to use Merope as the fixed point in your plane it would not stay, but that is a different story.

Um... you know its already well established that the astrophysics of the Elite Dangerous galaxy makes no sense, right? I mean, just look at the stars, their shapes, their rotation rates, the lack of anything approximating well known, and in some cases very basic, astrophysical phenomena - e.g. no elliptical orbits (stunning in its absence!), stupidly close binary stars, no proto-planetary disks, no stellar winds, stellar flares and ejection events, no accretion disks, no pulsars, no Roche lobe gravitational overflow. Hell, even the black holes - the simplest objects in the universe, don't lens foreground photons, only background ones.

\rantover

elliptical orbits and contact binary stars exist but are rare

Has anyone identified what the UP is transmitting in it's squeaks? This phrase is pretty common:

http://i.imgur.com/TxjRJNg.png

_ - - / - _ - / - - _ / - - - / _ _ _

I don't think it's Morse as every "character" has three bits of information in it? As binary 35670 or 42107 (in base 10)

But looking at the sounds, only one of three bits is every a low note, unless all three are low notes. I wonder if three low notes designates a break between words.

Has anyone investigated the chirps from the UP yet?

Whatever is hidden in the UA or UP sound should be solvable without the help of any complicate external solution: apart from using Sonic Visualizer to better visualize the morse dash and dots, nothing else was necessary to discover what we've already discovered.
Despite this, EVERYTHING have been tried with the UA: there was an entire HUGE thread about binary decoding of the sound, in a similar way you are doing now with the UP. With no result.
But, you are free to try whatever you like, whatever appeals you, whatever is funny for you ;)

Mitterrand hollow is only tidally locked to its planet, not to each other. So the same side should always face its parent planet, like our moon
It does seem to be wrong as its orbital period is 0.0 days and it rotational period is 0.1 days, both should be the same for it to be tidally locked to its parent ...... I think :eek:

Those videos are from the surface of Miterrand Hollow. The planet should be fixed in the sky while the stars move behind it.

Last edited:
Whatever is hidden in the UA or UP sound should be solvable without the help of any complicate external solution: apart from using Sonic Visualizer to better visualize the morse dash and dots, nothing else was necessary to discover what we've already discovered.
Despite this, EVERYTHING have been tried with the UA: there was an entire HUGE thread about binary decoding of the sound, in a similar way you are doing now with the UP. With no result.
But, you are free to try whatever you like, whatever appeals you, whatever is funny for you ;)

Braben himself said that you can figure all of it out with just the game and a pen and paper.

yeah you're right
Our moon is the best example. He is really tidally locked. We know about the backside only from satellite-pictures. At Mitterrand Hollow it should be the same. This fast spinning around the Planet you should actual only see from one of his poles. So he should spin as fast as he surrounds.

Edit:
NEVERMIND
Merope 5C IS tidally locked because rotational of itself and rotation around merope 5 is both 6,6 days so i just wrote a little bit ** :D

Last edited:
That's true for the older stuff, some of the new stuff might need a bit more help.

Michael

What kind of help? I know with the UAs you said "Have you listend to them?" what about the UP... I mean... The Jarvis Effect ( Merope 5C copying the UP howl ) does that mean anything?

PS: Yes I named the... i guess the planet echoing the UP howl after me since nobody found out about it until i pointed it out :D and people seem to like it ;D

elliptical orbits and contact binary stars exist but are rare

The only contact binary I know of is the one in i Bootis which I assume was hand coded since it happened to be one of the first systems in the game. Anyone found one generated randomly?

Another issue with the astrophysical simulation is that all the stars are spherical. The faster rotating ones should be ellipsoid.

Hey, i'm actually on Merope 5C, and I never ever saw/heard in game the probes/artifact. Could I join anyone who's doing experiments?

Feel free to add CMDR D0nDiego.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom