Unable to access GALAXY MAP, stuck 13Kylies out

Unable to access GALAXY MAP, stuck 13Kylies out <RESOLVED>

Apologies but this is a duplicate post of one I've posted in the bug reporting thread.

Is anyone else having issues accessing the GALAXY MAP, or is it just me?

Here's a video demonstrating my issue, apologies for the first 15 secs of blank screen (I'm still tuning my style) but stick with it and you'll get the idea. Point the video ends is the point I crash back to desktop :(

Here's the rather lame video

Last edited:
Sorry didn't see your problem the video cuts off before we see the crash but I was confused as to what you were doing in the vid.

Hiya hairymob.

The video demonstrates: -

1 - My inability to record a decent video. I'm working on it!
2 - The system I'm in definitely contains two stars (from the SYSTEM MAP)
3 - I jump to SC and the stars do not show on the scanner (despite having to adjust trajectory to avoid an emergency stop at the second selected one)
4 - Currently active modules - I can't see anything switched off there there that would stop my scanner operating
5 - The point the video ends is the point I crash back to desktop
crash.jpg
Pull up the GALAXY MAP, wait a sec (hitting no buttons, selecting no functions) and woosh I'm gone to the Crash Report window.

But if nobody else is experiencing GALAXY MAP issues I guess it's just personal. :(

Last edited:
Just been playing fine on my end, No probs with galaxy map but it did make me wonder how your internet connection was. If you have problems with your internet then that has be known to cause the game to do strange things. :)

Bit of a weird one this. Seems I managed to get myself stuck in an undiscovered system with no system objects available in the navigation pane (despite the SYSTEM MAP showing two suns). The initial 'New Object Discovered' hadn't occurred and this caused the GALAXY MAP to crash as soon as I accessed it.

Having been in deep space far to long, I'd completely forgotten I could select systems directly through the Nav Pane. Selected a new system, jumped out and all was well.

Unable to recreate, but I suspect it related to an exit and save right after a jump (there was somebody at the door).

All good now, back on my way home!

Top Bottom