Unable to find Tactical Core Chip at Material Traders

Hi there. Just visitd RamTah to upgrade Guardian weaponry for Anti Thargoid field and he says he needs this chip for each weapon and it can be obtained at a Material Trader and is classed as Grade 2 Common. Well have visited the Manufactured Material Trader and it is nowhere to be found. Please could you assist

Mat-trader deals only human mats. Sadly "Tactical Core Chip" is Thargoid mat from Thargoid ground drone, "Revenant". For farming it, you should go and kill Revenant on Spire Site or Military (Odyssey) settlement in Thargoid controlled systems.

In my case, Spire Site is easier and I could get one chip per five or six kills.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Hi there. Just visitd RamTah to upgrade Guardian weaponry for Anti Thargoid field and he says he needs this chip for each weapon and it can be obtained at a Material Trader and is classed as Grade 2 Common. Well have visited the Manufactured Material Trader and it is nowhere to be found. Please could you assist
Ram Tah says that it can be found at the Traders? It is a Thargoid-origin material, as far as I know none of the alien materials are available at the Traders.

It drops from Thargoid Revenants.

Typical that of the many hundreds of Thargoid materials I've collected, these are not one of them. Also, that I've got to do bloody GROUND* combat to get them. Nope. Ground combat to make my SPACESHIP weapons immune against an effect produced by a Thargoid SPACESHIP of which I've destroyed many. I'd have hoped the needed materials would be from the ships that've actually been causing the problems.

* I suppose I could do it in a ship, I have destroyed a fair few in my ship. However, they've not once dropped anything...at least, nothing that shows on scanner or on contacts. I admit, I assumed they dropped NOTHING if you killed them while in a spaceship for this very reason.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Remember to use a scorpion SRV. Revenants can be quite challenging.
A good method is to find a Base with a hill on one side, where you can hide from their field of view and do a hit-and-run on the Banshee until it'd destroyed.

Then use the same tactics for the Revenants. I used Premium synth on Scorpion missile launcher and it allows for 1-shotting the drones. If you do that their friends don't get aggro, so you can 1-shot them one by one, then do a quick scoop run, and then hide at the bottom of the hill and wait for a Scout to drop a new batch of Revenants.

Also, you get 3 mats for 1 collected, so it's fairly easy to get loads of them.

Audio is in Polish, but you can see all of the above here (link is timestamped):
Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2125079637?t=03h42m58s

I call it "The Clooney Method" ;)

A good method is to find a Base with a hill on one side, where you can hide from their field of view and do a hit-and-run on the Banshee until it'd destroyed.

Then use the same tactics for the Revenants. I used Premium synth on Scorpion missile launcher and it allows for 1-shotting the drones. If you do that their friends don't get aggro, so you can 1-shot them one by one, then do a quick scoop run, and then hide at the bottom of the hill and wait for a Scout to drop a new batch of Revenants.

Audio is in Polish, but you can see all of the above here (link is timestamped):

Say whutt, it takes premium rockets to one-shot a revenant?

I could've sworn a basic rocket was enough the last time I went to spires.

I would guesstimate that revenants drop TCC’s roughly once every 5-6 kills by ship. I’m not sure if this drop rate is the same for on-foot or SRV kills. As I mentioned in another thread a while ago, on foot with a fully upgraded G5 Intimidator can kill a revenant with ~15 shots to the red “goidnads” underneath them. Also, spire sites seem to be better for the shipborne using AX missiles (splash damage) method because more often than not you will be attacked by scouts instead of interceptors. This is my experience, YMMV.

There are a couple of YT videos showing methods.

Last edited:
* I suppose I could do it in a ship, I have destroyed a fair few in my ship. However, they've not once dropped anything...at least, nothing that shows on scanner or on contacts. I admit, I assumed they dropped NOTHING if you killed them while in a spaceship for this very reason.
Keep in mind that on-ground materials don’t show on ship’s sensors until you’re within 50 m (which can be challenging if the cockpit is in the back of the ship, as is the case with Anaconda & Corvette).

Keep in mind that on-ground materials don’t show on ship’s sensors until you’re within 50 m (which can be challenging if the cockpit is in the back of the ship, as is the case with Anaconda & Corvette).
My dream has always been being able to get a T10 hovering above a settlement, FA Off and let the whole thing go SPLAT.
At that point, move the ship away and collect everything that was caught underneath.

Say whutt, it takes premium rockets to one-shot a revenant?

I could've sworn a basic rocket was enough the last time I went to spires.

I didn't want to risk it, it's possible though!

I can definitely confirm that a basic Aculeus missile one-shoots Revenants. (Banshees, on the other hand…)
Confirm basic missile on a Scorpion one-shots revenants.
If you don't want to face a Banshee there Wilkin's Obligation at HIP 21112 8 f.
Also Pellisier's Command at Mapon 6 a.

My dream has always been being able to get a T10 hovering above a settlement, FA Off and let the whole thing go SPLAT.
At that point, move the ship away and collect everything that was caught underneath.
Wow, That is a great way, if only I could get there (land), it would allow Horizons only players with no need to disembark and shoot em up with FPS which I have no inclination to do (I do understand that some do like it taking 10-20 minutes? tch).
BUT why not just Splat the settlement with a 200M(?) long ship with plenty of hull and shields (or a couple of 'bounces') or even dumbfire missiles, and then rise up 50M and just drop collectors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why even need FPS? waste of time when a ship can splatter a settlement with its defenders and revenants in seconds (I don't even know how long it would take on foot!)

Top Bottom