Powerplay Undermine all powers equally

I've tried to look for more information on this, but I can't seem to find anything definitive.

I want to undermine any and all powers, without pledging allegiance to any of them. Is this possible in any meaningful way?

One suggestion I found was that one could temporarily pledge allegiance to a power to undermine another and then unpledging after the "job is done". But wouldn't that make the temporarily pledged power more powerful in the area in return, defeating the purpose of this approach completely?

Why do I want to play PP like this? Roleplay as an independent and "more things to do", mostly. I know I could just stay out of PP and experience the rest of ED just fine without it, but for roleplay ignoring a major part of the game lore feels wrong to me.

To undermine you need to be pledged. But, you can also attack a power by disrupting bubbles via the BGS by flipping systems to an unfavourable gov type. This in turn makes fortification harder and can be done by anyone.

To undermine you need to be pledged. But, you can also attack a power by disrupting bubbles via the BGS by flipping systems to an unfavourable gov type. This in turn makes fortification harder and can be done by anyone.
Ah I think I missed the part where "undermine" is a quite specific thing when it comes to PP. :D

I meant to work against all powers in general, not the exact undermining mechanic only. But yes, that BGS approach seems to be somewhat sensible though a little tedious. Thanks!
Just do it in open play, and it's fine (probably not achieving anything but up to you).
With "it" are you talking about Rubbernuke's suggestion or something else? I've been on open the whole short 80 hours of my beginner ED career.

With "it" are you talking about Rubbernuke's suggestion or something else? I've been on open the whole short 80 hours of my beginner ED career.
I meant that undermining powers requires a long run strategy, but at least if you do that in open there's some chance to have encounters with other powerplayers.

Top Bottom