Unique animals wishlist

Wondering what kind of animals everyone wants that see that are completely unique and not represented by any of species of that family. That is, no elephants, penguins, rhinos, felines (including small cats), canines(this includes foxes unfortunately) , bears, mustelids (otters, even wolverines or badgers!), antelopes, bovines (this includes the ibex), porcines, deer (including moose since we have a reindeer) or other species whose family is currently represented in game. This throws the whole "another bear, another wolf" out of the window and would give the game some true diversity. Also leaving out fully marine and avian birds since we don't know if they'll go that route.

1. Meerkat - we have nothing from the Herpestidae family. I think Meerkats would be the most representative here.
2. Capybara - we have no representation of the rodentia order at all, but we could have a couple that belong to different families. I know they wouldn't be large choice but this would give us something from Caviidae
3. Sea Lion - While we have a seal from the Phecidae family, this would give us a representation of the Otariidae family. Though this would not be as diverse of a selection from other suggestions here it is a different family.
4. Porcupine , either the Crested Porcupine from the Hystricidae old world family or the North American Porcupine from the Erethizontinae family
5. Wombat - while we have a couple of other marsupials, none of them are of the Vombatidae family - granted, it's a very small family ha, but I continue my push for these little guys.
6. Binturong - we have nothing from the viverradae family, which are mainly comprised of civets, but this would be a nice alternate addition
7. American Beaver - yes another from the rodent order, but of the family Castoridae - separate from the Capybara or porcupine
8. Either a three or two toed sloth, from either the family of Bradypodidae, or Choloepodidae . I realize they're different families but I think having one sloth would be plenty, the difference between the two families is minute enough that it wouldn't give much variety.

Interested to see what other ideas people have, please only for truly unique and unrepresented types of animals. Yes I realize a leopard is not a lion but in truth, for this purpose it's "another cat".

Last edited:
Top Bottom