Dinosaurs Unique behavior idea for the Triceratops

This conceptual idea is about giving this dinosaur some more personality, love and variety by what it can do that no other ceratopsians in-game could do, especially since this is a more well-known and famous dinosaur in the JP franchise and the entire world we're talking about.

One way I've been thinking so hard of, for people who may want some more uniqueness for their dinosaurs in their parks, to make it stand out from the other ceratopsians like the Nasutoceratops and Stegoceratops in their own ways, is to make the Triceratops feel more like a "defensive" dinosaur. As in, not always wanting to go into direct combat with large carnivores, as long as there are more members of their kind around each other.

The way I see it doing that is by forming a defensive posture/circle in a script animation sequence with a large carnivore to preform in it. This could mean it would have a new behavior status for the trikes and/or large carnivores performing in it.

This sequence I see being only viable when there are about two or six (the maximum social group limit by default) are together when a large carnivore is present. The Triceratops would then run over to one secluded spot when either side triggers the sequence for all the surrounding close by trikes to go into position, side by side, making a curve. Once they are all in position, the script sequence would finally carry out. The large carnivore would walk towards one first, snapping and roaring at it as the first trike holds its ground, displaying its head features. The large carnivore would then walk around to the next trike, snapping at one after another as they all try to fend it away. When it reaches the last trike in the group (be it 2 to 6 individuals), the large carnivore would try to attack right at the last, backing up away just as the last trike charges forward half way out from its spot in an attempt to strike back and scaring it off. The sequence for the large carnivore would then stop, and go back to real-time "Panicking". The script sequences for the defending trikes would end by the time when the large carnivore has gone away.

This conceptual idea is about giving this dinosaur some more personality, love and variety by what it can do that no other ceratopsians in-game could do, especially since this is a more well-known and famous dinosaur in the JP franchise and the entire world we're talking about.

One way I've been thinking so hard of, for people who may want some more uniqueness for their dinosaurs in their parks, to make it stand out from the other ceratopsians like the Nasutoceratops and Stegoceratops in their own ways, is to make the Triceratops feel more like a "defensive" dinosaur. As in, not always wanting to go into direct combat with large carnivores, as long as there are more members of their kind around each other.

The way I see it doing that is by forming a defensive posture/circle in a script animation sequence with a large carnivore to preform in it. This could mean it would have a new behavior status for the trikes and/or large carnivores performing in it.

This sequence I see being only viable when there are about two or six (the maximum social group limit by default) are together when a large carnivore is present. The Triceratops would then run over to one secluded spot when either side triggers the sequence for all the surrounding close by trikes to go into position, side by side, making a curve. Once they are all in position, the script sequence would finally carry out. The large carnivore would walk towards one first, snapping and roaring at it as the first trike holds its ground, displaying its head features. The large carnivore would then walk around to the next trike, snapping at one after another as they all try to fend it away. When it reaches the last trike in the group (be it 2 to 6 individuals), the large carnivore would try to attack right at the last, backing up away just as the last trike charges forward half way out from its spot in an attempt to strike back and scaring it off. The sequence for the large carnivore would then stop, and go back to real-time "Panicking". The script sequences for the defending trikes would end by the time when the large carnivore has gone away.

Agree.

However, much as I like this, I can't see it being implemented ever if they are unable to have simplier things as pack hunting working first.

Top Bottom