Universal Limpet Controller stopped working, why?

Ha, however, this is a UI GLITCH! I was fully able to deploy a Repair Limpet - it's live and working as I type this - yet the REPAIR on the HUD is red and still shows "Malfunction".
I experienced that with collector limpets as well. Controller shows “Malfunction”… and then it fires them off without a problem anyway. (The controller in question was damaged in that case, but apparently that did nothing to stop it from doing its thing when the loose bit got knocked back into place.)

I experienced that with collector limpets as well. Controller shows “Malfunction”… and then it fires them off without a problem anyway. (The controller in question was damaged in that case, but apparently that did nothing to stop it from doing its thing when the loose bit got knocked back into place.)

It's a new one for me. I don't think I've EVER had a Limpet Controller malfunction before. Still, this is certainly a bug as the controller was at 100% the second time.

Hey all,

<snip>

Anyone know what happened here? TL: DR - Module at 60% integrity totally failed. Non-functional for extended period. Jump and it's all working fine again.
I have had the same problem with repair limpet controllers two times. Happened again on spire site yesterday evening (edit; I was in Open if it makes any difference). Repair limpet controller malfunctioned (message in HUD and it did not work), it was not 100% so I fixed with AFMU to 100%, that did not help so I rebooted ship, did not help either. I rebooted a couple of times more and again that did not help. Had at least 2 pips in SYS all the time for the SFN. In the end I lost my ship after a few Orthrus kills because ran out of hull so I did not have chance to see if the controller came back online after jump to the carrier. Caustic sinks and heat sink worked fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom